News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last word on Hyde

Author Topic: Last word on Hyde  (Read 2635 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Last word on Hyde
« on: August 29, 2011, 01:03:49 PM »

Aside from the disappointment of losing,there are a lot of positives to be taken from Saturday. I think Hyde were the best side we have played in the league and they've only conceded twice so far (one being against us) and we more than matched them for long periods of the game. If we can start to take some of those chances we won't be far off being a title challenging side.

Hyde are unbeaten and top of the league. The only difference between us and them in my opinion was taking those chances, we've only done that once this season against Histon and even then we missed a fair few.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:14:47 PM by GolfRoader »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Last word on Hyde
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »

I think they are a slightly false position, if they keep Spencer maybe top 5 but I think he will go this week somewhere at a higher level.

Guiseley were a better side today than Hyde.

We are not good eneough yet in comparison with either of them, OK midfield butweak at the back and lack finishing at present. This league has moved on since we were last in it and a lot more football is now being played. Think Lee may need to think about strengthening us at the back soon.

joe

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »

Totally agree pukka

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »

Totally agree pukka

a defender or 2 and a bit of pace in midfield would help

markecky

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »

I think they are a slightly false position, if they keep Spencer maybe top 5 but I think he will go this week somewhere at a higher level.

We are not good eneough yet in comparison with either of them, OK midfield butweak at the back and lack finishing at present. This league has moved on since we were last in it and a lot more football is now being played. Think Lee may need to think about strengthening us at the back soon.

Spot on.  When I came into this league I thought it was full of bears and we'd have to fight our way out.  That's clearly not the case.

We've been hoodwinked a little by the pre seasons games into thinking that our defence were rock solid when they're not.

I just feel its been such an odd start to the season.  I don't think we have played badly at all (apart from times against Workington, we have only lost one in six and yet we only have six points.

Points are what it's all about of course but there are still alot of positives for me, even if the "ITS sh*t" merchants won't acknowledge it.  We've played some lovely stuff at times in games, two excellent goals today but the league table doesnt lie and we have to start winning.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »

We've lost 2 in 6, I'm wondering if the curse of the centre backs has returned, I hate to say it ,but like with tinson, have we signed jones a year or  two to late?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 06:17:46 PM by Mr Chow »

whopper

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 06:44:31 PM »

when hyde are 10 points clear at xmas will they still be in a false position then?  :D

joe

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »

Would you like a wager on that Jacko? I'll warm my printing machine up :-)

whopper

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:10:52 PM »

probably worth a fiver, that they are at least top

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »

probably worth a fiver, that they are at least top

Is there something better than top?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

whopper

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 12:02:17 AM »

Top and won't be caught is better than just top

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 08:51:44 PM »

Spot on.  When I came into this league I thought it was full of bears and we'd have to fight our way out.  That's clearly not the case.

We've been hoodwinked a little by the pre seasons games into thinking that our defence were rock solid when they're not.

I just feel its been such an odd start to the season.  I don't think we have played badly at all (apart from times against Workington, we have only lost one in six and yet we only have six points.

Points are what it's all about of course but there are still alot of positives for me, even if the "ITS sh*t" merchants won't acknowledge it.  We've played some lovely stuff at times in games, two excellent goals today but the league table doesnt lie and we have to start winning.

Totally agree with this excellent summary, as usual.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last word on Hyde