News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote interview

Author Topic: Heathcote interview  (Read 1815 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Heathcote interview
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »

Just came across this don't think its been posted before. Looks like Grahams expecting  a tough season.

http://www.nonleaguechannel.co.uk/home.php?league_channel=2&video_id=19

markecky

Re: Heathcote interview
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 12:06:11 PM »

Good interview....I think everyone is aware its going to be a tough season though aren't they?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 12:14:11 PM »

yeah good point. i just mean that finishing around 14th or 15th this season will be a much bigger challenge than it was last year

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »

A very frank and forthright interview.. Grahame told it as it is . No bullsh*t, just the plain truth
Well done GH

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »

I think we will benefit from a lack of pressure.

We will have the correct pressures which are those stemming from the players and fans natural desire to do well and build on what we have achieved so far in this league. There will be pressure from the new lads trying to take someones place and pressure on the new lads to perform in the shop window in many cases.

However we wont have the silly pressures that are felt by the so called 'big clubs'. League clubs who shouldnt have to play Bath and Alty and will feel like every away game is a cup tie banana skin with fans waiting to get on their back. Secretly they know only 2 go up and the chances are they will disappoint the fans. Not a position id like to be in as a player if you are mid table in November.

Then theres Gateshead, Fleetwood, Crawley and maybe even FGR. The players here will be expected to perform and to compete with the big teams. They are being paid more than their natural income streams suggest they should which means they will take defeats badly as there is a chairman who is paying for them. We certainly dont have these pressures.

One thing ive learnt in the past 5 seasons as an alty fan is that momentum is a huge factor, we get 2 wins and a draw and all of a sudden we're riding on confidence. Points come in bursts and starting with one last season  set us up for the entire campaign. But we also know if we dont gel immediately we will eventually and that momentum will come. I think fans can help or hinder by inadvertantly applying the wrong or right pressure at the wrong or right time. Take the Lewes match at home 2 seasons back, an almost disasterous home win that kick started a change in our attitude as a club (in my opinion) when the fans voiced frustrations in the ground and on here after.

It will be tough but I cant bloody wait, and I hardly ever get near the ground, let alone to the match!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 03:01:07 PM »

It was just typical Graham, honest, genuine, straight talking SENSE! If anyone deserves success, he does ;D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 03:14:52 PM »

Did he mention that we are part time and the players go straight form their jobs to play games?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcote interview