PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford in real deep shi1t
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oxford in real deep shi1t  (Read 5463 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 10, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oxford_utd/7818952.stm

I bet they will dock them all eleven points aswell  :(

Alex

Re: Oxford in real deep shi1t
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »

A points deduction would almost certainly mean the end of United's fading play-off hopes.

forget the play offs 25 pts will put them in the drop zone, below Woking and Forest Slime

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 11:59:52 PM »

absolutely
if a club is trying to gain an advantage fair enough but its obviously just an admin error
having said that i cant see how they cant dock them the 11 points as there is already a precedent for it

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 10:51:24 AM »

absolutely
if a club is trying to gain an advantage fair enough but its obviously just an admin error
having said that i cant see how they cant dock them the 11 points as there is already a precedent for it
Why does this keep happening? Doesn't the Conference registration secretary check whether these players are eligible?
They really should be beating teams like us

penfold

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 12:01:20 PM »

It is not the first time and it is not going to be the last time a admin error costs a club. When it happened to us, clubs should have seen it as a warning, the conference are not going to give anyone concideration for their errors. Our error, could have meant a dismal few years in the bsn fortunatly it did not. Oxford are not in a relagation battle, which in fairness is good for us because it will give us a 11 point advantage over them, also its going to make the remaining part of the season very exciting, with the exception of lewes and vic, and two clubs from 10th place down could go!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 12:16:35 PM »

I despair I really do.

It is really the most simple database, you enter someones name, if it's not registered it's flagged up. How does the conference allow this to happen?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 01:02:01 PM »

I despair I really do.

It is really the most simple database, you enter someones name, if it's not registered it's flagged up. How does the conference allow this to happen?

We had a deduction for Robinison saga they should have the deduction too

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 01:22:28 PM »

No they shouldn't. The conference is a multi milion pound organisationa nd should be run as one.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 01:41:17 PM »

The bottom line is that a dangerous precedent was set by the Robinson saga and the Conference must now be seen to be acting with consistency. Their handling of these matters is quite clearly a joke and, as Ballers quite rightly stated, it's hardly the most difficult task to monitor a database of player registrations.

The difficulty is that, having made the wrong decision once, they must now do so for all other clubs in the same situation. For the record, I hope they review the way they deal with cases such as this and sooner rather than later because they are just showing themselves up as a bunch of amateurs.
Come on Alty!

crossie

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 01:45:31 PM »

The Conference made a balls up over Robinson, so the actions the took against us have to happen to other teams in the same boat. The system is clearly easy to manage but errors still happen. I think the conference need to address the laws they enforce on teams when this happens, a fine rather than a points deduction would be more appropriate.
Does the same system operate in the football league and premiership?

markecky

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 01:55:16 PM »

Going against the grain here for me (not for the first time)

The rules are that you have to re register your players at the start of each season.  How hard is it for the secretary to check?

Someone has not done their job at Oxford and should resign.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 02:09:59 PM »

The rules are that you have to re register your players at the start of each season.  How hard is it for the secretary to check?

I agree - the Robinson affair saw the Conference and the FA forced to apply the letter of the regulaltions by Peakey. Previously, the Conference had indicated that that Alty could not be held responsible for the inadequate admin arrangements for checking international clearences. The Oxford case is a clear cock up in that registering players at the start of the season is bog standard procedure (made worse by the fact that it invovled an existing player). 

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 02:34:46 PM »

Just read the NLP. I know they are notoriously unreliable but they quote as their source for the story a 'Conference source'.
Here's another observation  -  totally unrelated  -  which team will they fall below in the league if they're docked 11 points?
(PS: A small clue. They're a 'Friendly Team-on-the-hill' from Gloucestershire)  8)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »

I agree - the Robinson affair saw the Conference and the FA forced to apply the letter of the regulaltions by Peakey. Previously, the Conference had indicated that that Alty could not be held responsible for the inadequate admin arrangements for checking international clearences. The Oxford case is a clear cock up in that registering players at the start of the season is bog standard procedure (made worse by the fact that it invovled an existing player). 

and Oxford will be thrown into the relegation mire as rivals to FGR.........

I wonder if Peakey will be insisting the FA & Conf will follow the rules!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 08:17:53 PM »

I totally agree with all the above.
But rules and punishments are not always consistant.
AFC Wimbledon had their 18point deduction reduced to only 3 points and the error was their own, whereas in our situation it was Accrington's error.
The fiasco with West Ham is still ongoing
I have a gut feeling that Oxford wont get deducted 11 points. Crawley amaze me with what they get away with- have they paid that coach hire company yet?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team