PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shares?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shares?  (Read 6743 times)

Jezza

Re: Shares?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 06:48:20 AM »

The majority shareholding in the club was broken up and redistributed by kingy in order to prevent future maunderisation....which is similar to quantative easing.....members of STAR recieved a share in STAR not the club....shares in the club were last valued as a millstone.....I think there are 115,000 shares in total floating around alty making us truelly a community club...

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 07:37:16 AM »

If Colwyn Bay's shares are £1, would ours be £6?

Not sure on how many shares we had but wouldnt surprise me if ours were similar value when released. Lets face it they are not worth anything anyway. It is just a fund raising idea. Unless of course you hold alot of shares which might five you voting rights - who knows.

Massive WHOOOOSH!

Some things just go unnoticed..!

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 09:24:51 AM »

I want to buy a millstone. Any sellers?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 10:46:12 AM »

The majority shareholding in the club was broken up and redistributed by the board kingy (as part of the deal when the directors acquired the shares in 1995 off Maunders) (btw Kingy was merely the agent but he later generously distributed his own shares to other people)all this was done in order to prevent future maunderisation....which is similar to quantative easing.....members of STAR received a share in STAR not the club....shares in the club were last valued as a millstone.....I think there are 115,000 shares in total floating around alty making us truelly a community club...

I have slightly corrected your post above and would answer other points raised here.
The club has approx 115,000 voting shares at present and 118,000 non voting shares (a throwback to the deal when Maunders went). TMBC own the ground and the club has a lease. The club does have some fixed assets and thus some value but it is very nominal so the shares are pretty worthless unless some Billionaire decided he wanted the club and offered to buy them off shareholders (which I personally would never agree to and he wouldnt get mine).

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »

The majority shareholding in the club was broken up and redistributed by the board kingy (as part of the deal when the directors acquired the shares in 1995 off Maunders) (btw Kingy was merely the agent but he later generously distributed his own shares to other people)all this was done in order to prevent future maunderisation....which is similar to quantative easing.....members of STAR received a share in STAR not the club....shares in the club were last valued as a millstone.....I think there are 115,000 shares in total floating around alty making us truelly a community club...

I have slightly corrected your post above and would answer other points raised here.
The club has approx 115,000 voting shares at present and 118,000 non voting shares (a throwback to the deal when Maunders went). TMBC own the ground and the club has a lease. The club does have some fixed assets and thus some value but it is very nominal so the shares are pretty worthless unless some Billionaire decided he wanted the club and offered to buy them off shareholders (which I personally would never agree to and he wouldnt get mine).

Not even for a lorry load of Pukka Pies ?  ???  ???
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:32:39 AM by (S)ALTY »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »

Not even for that. BTW I had a Chicken n Mushroom one for tea last night, delicious!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 11:58:52 AM »

The Pukka Pie Stadium  :D

Robin Reliant

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »

The Pukka Pie Stadium  :D

There's a lot worse ground names about,some of them not a million few miles from Alty

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 12:35:31 AM »

On a similar note, I've often wondered who actually owns "the club" and "the ground".

is Altrincham Football Club a limited company? I'm guessing it is based on people having shares in the company.

hypothetically speaking, if someone wanted to take over the club, how would it be valued, who would you buy it off?

The Club is indeed a limited company. Not sure how you'd go about valuing a football club but a traditional trading business is usually acquired on a multiple of 5-8x EBITDA (Earnings before interest, taxation, depreciation, and amortisation). The vendors of said hypothetical business would usually then either clear any debt from that sum or, if there is cash within the business, may take a certain amount of this out (making the acquisition a cash free/debt free purchase).

So can you tell what I do for a living yet...

I would hazard a guess that there are very few forums where the word 'amortisation' gets a mention!

In the words of the legendary Hugh Johns "This is great stuff"!!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 08:57:16 AM »

Yes Brian, we clearly have a better class of fan at Alty. Dennis agrees too  :D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shares?