News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Would you...

Author Topic: Would you...  (Read 2826 times)

RedWhiteRedWhite

Would you...
« on: August 12, 2010, 01:02:49 PM »

....want to read the forum as a player?

I'm just curious, as obviously with a forum...there is a lot of debate and constructive opinion...but also good luck messages to new players etc.

But I know if i went to work, and had a particularly sh*t day...i wouldnt then want to log on at night and read people's observations about it. (Although obviously, colleagues hadn't paid good money to witness my falterings!)

Would too much praise make a player think they could do no wrong in the eyes of the fans...and thus become complacent...and would too much ridicule crush their confidence irreparably?

So...would you do it...despite probably being perfectly able to assess your own performance anyway?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:32:24 PM by RedWhiteRedWhite »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Would you...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »

Most definatley

Curiosity killed the cat...

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 04:25:50 PM »

I would do it but then beat myself up about it if someone had a go about me. I think it would affect my attitude on the pitch.

jimmyhank

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »

No. Performance will be assessed and managed by GH and KM. For me, if a player looks at a forum they are either vain or insecure - we don't want a player with those assets at the club.

jimmyhank

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »

No. Performance will be assessed and managed by GH and KM. For me, if a player looks at a forum they are either vain or insecure - we don't want a player with those assets at the club.

EDIT: should read as traits

Longman

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »

Sorry, but that's an absurd comment.

You can be intrigued or interested about what the fans of the club you play for think of certain topics and players etc, without being vain or insecure.

Butty

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »

Would you reconsider your answer if you were told your everyday job will be broadcast to thousands, who would then go online and pick apart what you did for a living? Not quite a living for our lads, but you get the drift

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »

Hmm, like being in the red top papers then. Pride seems to disappear with some people.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 12:06:11 AM »

This is quite an interesting concept. As Oscar Wilde put it "the only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about."

And some of us (me included !) just might moderate our comments if we thought the guys concerned were reading them. John McAliskey's views on taxi drivers might make quite painful reading..............

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 09:48:08 AM »

I know in the past players have read the forum but not sure if they do now ? . I'm sure one or two still do after looking at some player of the year voting thats gone on.... !!!...

Many have had a joke \ laugh about it and enjoyed the banter on it when I have spoke to them...

Officials at the club have a look too I believe :).. All good fun.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Would you...