barrow

Author Topic: barrow  (Read 1508 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
barrow
« on: May 11, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »

Following on from the vics thread about teams in financial trouble anybody else spot the barrow chairman saying that they need 1500 each game to break even, i predict trouble for them,  and i would think oxfords parachute payments have now stopped so could be problems there too.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty365

Re: barrow
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »

I reckon Barrow will easily average 1,500 at home next season.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 03:23:20 PM »

I think so too.

I think, after an early season flourish, they might struggle on the pitch a little, but they'll average over 1500 crowds I'm sure.

I hope they prosper next season (but still finish below us, obviously!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

barrowman

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:43:42 AM »

alty have managed to stay afloat for the past three seasons on average gates of far less than 1500. the last time we were in the conference i think we averaged around that number. although alty should have been relegated thrice ,you still manage to battle on financially. i suspect for the last two seasons at least this will be down to blue square and setanta's generous inputs.so as long as the board dont go crazy i think with the money from blue sqare and setanta plus the extra money from increased gates and no doubt more local firms wanting a piece of the (corporate) action, we (barrow) should be sound financially for at least next season.          congratulations on yet another reprieve by the way , i'm looking forward to battle with you once again,home and away.     i wish it could have been one of those southern teams going bust intsead of halifax.     anyway we both have northern pride to play for so good luck for next season and lets show them bottom o' the mappers how to play football.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 barrow