PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Players to keep?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Players to keep?  (Read 7973 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Players to keep?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 01:38:12 PM »

Only players good enough are.....

Coburn
Little
Senior
Robbie ( When on form)
Lane
Young
Possibly Val ( only as cover, get him fit and if we are winning then bring on last twenty to tighten things up, again only if fit )

We need a lot of fresh faces. I respect the loyalty of the players but we have to look beyond this now to survive if re-instated.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »

val a great servant but at 37 a touch ott espec for central midfielder.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »

I'd be keeping

Coburn
Lane
Young
Lawton
Peyton
Senior
Little
Battersby
Roca
Scott

We do need to keep a 'core' together as we have seen in the not too distant past what happens when wholesale changes are made - ittakes too long for a whole team on new players to get to know each other and bed in

Most important is that we have to play the best player for a position in that position Therefore, when fit, unless there is a huge loss of form Chris Lane must be the starting right back

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 08:05:31 PM »

scott has been a great servant but you have to be having a giraffe

Alty365

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 08:14:48 PM »

We do need to keep a 'core' together as we have seen in the not too distant past what happens when wholesale changes are made - ittakes too long for a whole team on new players to get to know each other and bed in

I understand what you are saying in principle but looking at our present squad, to be brutally honest the majority are no longer up to the job at this level. Surely a productive pre-season can go a long way to creating the required cohesion in the squad?

I love Scotty and think he's been a magnificent servant of the club. However, (and I'm not intentionally singling him out) I just don't think he cuts it at BSP level anymore.

This season is going to be much harder again because I don't think any teams will finish as far adrift as Stafford and Droylsden did this time around. It is therefore imperative that the only players on the wage bill are players who are able to make a meaningful contribution towards a (hopefully) successful campaign.

altyf

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 10:32:36 PM »

I understand what you are saying in principle but looking at our present squad, to be brutally honest the majority are no longer up to the job at this level. Surely a productive pre-season can go a long way to creating the required cohesion in the squad?

I love Scotty and think he's been a magnificent servant of the club. However, (and I'm not intentionally singling him out) I just don't think he cuts it at BSP level anymore.

This season is going to be much harder again because I don't think any teams will finish as far adrift as Stafford and Droylsden did this time around. It is therefore imperative that the only players on the wage bill are players who are able to make a meaningful contribution towards a (hopefully) successful campaign.

I hate to say this but if we don't get our act together and try to sign some new players and play with a new mentality, we could be the next Stafford/Droylsden.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 10:34:36 PM »

Whatever happened to them players that came from park football like Mark Maddox ? Someone mentioned McKenna was a scout, well what did he scout ? I really think we should be looking at some young lads with fire and passion lower down the leagues that have that PASSION we need a la in the Lawton moulde

Retain

Coburn
Young
Lane
Lawton
Little
Senior

Reading Robin

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »

Good point on the scouting, but many of the players you are proposing we release are not lacking for passion.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2008, 11:01:14 PM »

Coburn,Young,Lane,Lawton,Little,Senior,O'Niell (your backbone of the side and definately retain.O'Niell kept for the way he holds up the ball)

Peyton,Roca,Battersby,Owen (unsure and if retained,for squad purposes)

Required : left back,centre half who plays on the ground (seems to be the style nowadays with cb's,one no nonsense,one good on the ball), fully fit winger, midfield general,target man.

After thinking the side we just had was capable of progressing the club on the field, I'm not going to say what this side will do if get signing required. Just see what happens.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Alty365

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2008, 11:03:33 PM »

If passion were the only criterion for success we would sign up players from the supporters team. It is not and although we need players with a bit of fire in their bellies it is imperative that we sign some quality. I realise this is easier said than done but it is a fact.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 11:05:32 PM »

If passion were the only criterion for success we would sign up players from the supporters team. It is not and although we need players with a bit of fire in their bellies it is imperative that we sign some quality. I realise this is easier said than done but it is a fact.

In the case of Toulson you could quite rightly be correct !

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:59 PM »

Instead of passion how about some...

FIRE
SKILL
QUALITY  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Players to keep?