News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Onwards and upwards

Author Topic: Onwards and upwards  (Read 2017 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Onwards and upwards
« on: October 13, 2008, 11:26:17 AM »

Well done again lads. The defence was outstanding, youngy, lane and McGregor have been class, I am just concerned if one gets injured we're a bit thin on cover???

I hope we have Densmore on contract because I think teams will be looking at him already, a real talent.

Well done Mr Heathcote for sticking to an attacking team. This is how we should be playing... going goals up and then defedning, not goals down and chasing the game for the last 20 mins. Its clear that our best defence is to attack teams. What is pleasing to see is that we have stopped giving teams respect, on our day I believe we can beat anyone in this league.

Exciting times with Denham yet to come back. I wouldn't change the current line up but Denham is perfect to replace any of the front three for the last 20-25 mins. I thought Johnson did a really good job at holding the ball up when he came on.

Even if we lose a game lets keep the team together because they are gelling. I thought we chopped and changed the team in every game early on in the season to adpat to the other teams dangermen but thankfully we have stopped doing that, let teams change for us. Onwards and upwards, always knew we had it but wasn't quite sure that Graham was ever going to let the players attack or gel. Well done to everyone.

fuertes

Re: Onwards and upwards
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »

Exciting times with Denham yet to come back. I wouldn't change the current line up but Denham is perfect to replace any of the front three for the last 20-25 mins. I thought Johnson did a really good job at holding the ball up when he came on.

Good call. Denham can frustrate by not getting his head up, but he'd be very dangerous coming on late for Elam or Senior. I too think Johnson has done well from the bench, wins flicks-on and is actually reasonably quick once he gets moving.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 01:44:05 PM »

Do my eyes decieve me?

A whole post without once criticising Warren Peyton

I must be on medication

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

quote author=oneedham link=topic=6726.msg67106#msg67106 date=1223893577]
Well done again lads. The defence was outstanding, youngy, lane and McGregor have been class, I am just concerned if one gets injured we're a bit thin on cover???

I hope we have Densmore on contract because I think teams will be looking at him already, a real talent.

Well done Mr Heathcote for sticking to an attacking team. This is how we should be playing... going goals up and then defedning, not goals down and chasing the game for the last 20 mins. Its clear that our best defence is to attack teams. What is pleasing to see is that we have stopped giving teams respect, on our day I believe we can beat anyone in this league.

Even if we lose a game lets keep the team together because they are gelling. I thought we chopped and changed the team in every game early on in the season to adpat to the other teams dangermen but thankfully we have stopped doing that, let teams change for us. Onwards and upwards, always knew we had it but wasn't quite sure that Graham was ever going to let the players attack or gel. Well done to everyone.
[/quote]

Longman

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 05:10:32 PM »

Densmore is absolutely brilliant.

Also a well done must go to Heathcote for signing Danylyk from the lower leagues.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:54:49 PM »

I think Lane was a rock yesterday against Oxford he had a great game - my man of the match for what it was worth.

Longman

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:10:34 PM »

I think Lane was a rock yesterday against Oxford he had a great game - my man of the match for what it was worth.

I agree, me and my mate were discussing how solid Lane was yesterday.

Didn't he make a goal line clearance as well?

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 09:33:38 PM »

It could have been Young?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Onwards and upwards