News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For the 'Younger fans'

Author Topic: For the 'Younger fans'  (Read 3371 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
For the 'Younger fans'
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »

Isn't it annoying when the 'Older ones' get to talk about the success they've seen...

Now where do we begin. ... !!!

** Only kiddin you old 'uns !

Since watching Alty I've seen the following.....

2 x Promotions - 1 Play off win & 1 league title
5 x relegations (2 'real')
2 x Cheshire Senior Cup
1 x Unibond League Challenge Cup
1 x Unibond League Challenge Shield
Last game gettin into Conference North
Countless 2,3 or 4th round FA Cup qualifying defeats...

Its boring watching Alty ! (not sure if missed anything or even added anything, memory struggling?)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:52:10 PM by gazwarrington »

thegazelle

Re: For the 'Younger fans'
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:54:12 PM »

ah bless

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »

Could be worse I suppsoe, I could have started watching us in the last 4-5 years..  ;).. although rather be in the Conference than going to places like Spennymoor, Bamber Bridge and 'up and coming' Alfreton and Radcliffe and co

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »

'up and coming' Alfreton and Radcliffe and co

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ::)

Certainly if you've started wacthing Alty in recent years it hasn't been dull, DON'T FORGET THE 2 OCCASSIONS SINCE 2000 WHEN WE WERE ONLY HOURS AWAY FROM BEING WOUND UP!!!

For me, I thought we were gone in 1995, Me, Ecky, Pete and Lem, climbed into the ground that night and just sat there on the terraces reminiscing, we were gone for all money.

Last days of the season

May 2004 - need to beat Runcorn at home to get into the conference North, failure to do so would have meant Non league level 3 football and trips to Prsecot Cables and Lincoln United and at the time seemed (and it doesn't feel like I'm exaggerating here given the circumstances) possibly like the end of Altrincham Football CLub as a serious force in non league football.

May 2005 - need to either win at Hucknall and/or hope others do us a favour to complete a late unlikely play off surge (that word again) giving us a shot at redemption that we ahdn't seen forthcoming. (okay technically the last day of the season was that memorable day at Stoke)

May 2006 - We're staying up, we're going down - we don't know what the f**k is going on? Amidst all the high drama of Robinsongate a surreal day at Woking, our 'legitimate' staying up having been sealed on a memorable Thursday night at Dagenham.

May 2007 - need to beat Aldershot to stay up. Aldershot play their part by rollingover and dying as much as they could without getting booted out of football for it. our part....

(I remember seeing young lads in Alty shirts crying and thinking that rather than them never coming back due to our failure the poor little bastards were now hooked on ALty  ;) )

may 2008 - We're here and we're from Altrincham, an invasion of the Dorset coast not seen sinice Roman times (or at least since Leeds trashed Bounemouth*), needed Stevange to do us a favour at halifax and us to beat Weymouth....Stevenage did their bit at least  ::).....

*Incidentally, we should make more use of Weymouth in MAy and EAstbourne on August Bank Holiday. Since the Leeds Bournemouth thing the football league have stopped seaside resorts having home bank holiday fixtures*

Ooh it's going to be busy on here tonight!

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »

Could be a good one this year for everlasting memories. If we do the double over Vics at Christmas/New Year I reckon that might see them mathematically unable to escape (their present form continuing of course).  :D

I'm also fancying a good draw in the cup. Leeds or Leicester away, or perhaps even Macclesfield at home. Now that would be brilliant!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »

Macc away on the Saturday and bring them back to the lovely dark nights in Altrincham for the replay... HEAVEN !

thegazelle

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 02:22:18 PM »

not trying to be been there done that but...

we did that twice in the 4th qual and it was incredible
one stuart hammill
his one and only good game if my memory is not playing tricks

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 02:46:57 PM »

You may be confusing Stewart Hamill with Andy Kilner I think (or Neil Cook, but he had a couple of decent games). And you're definatley not confusing him with Paul Showler the following season, far from his only decent Alty game (what a goal too).

thegazelle

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 03:09:16 PM »

may be getting a cup game confused with a league game or indeed a totally unconnected game.

can any one tell what stuart hammills only good game was then

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 03:18:44 PM »

I don't recall his performances as such but as Cult and myself commented on here a while back he scored an excellent goal at Moss Lane against Gateshead (the game Bryan Robson's brother Justin played in for Gateshead), cut in from the left wing and curled a shot in the far top corner of the Golf Road net.

Incidentally, I much preferred those old nets to the ones we have nowadays.

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 03:22:04 PM »

i like that net that sheds water when you stick the ball in it from 40 yards, i can still feel his wet body cuddling me

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 05:58:30 PM »

i like that net that sheds water when you stick the ball in it from 40 yards, i can still feel his wet body cuddling me

Fish? Brokeback Alty? Grown men embracing each other in joyous celebration? Is it?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

thegazelle

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 05:33:57 PM »

no just one of those special occassions when one lets ones hair down
yours in  non homophobic way although i am not comfortable enough to wear pink shirts unless they were red and white striped before they ran in the wash type way

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 07:28:06 PM »

Don't mention the pink underpants then Gazelle  :-X
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

thegazelle

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 07:35:42 PM »

i would be a liar if i said i had never considered pink underwear

but it has not fitted into the category of my pink underwear or his pink underwear , sorry wrong message board i know
while i am hear nobody has discussed the funny you'll be here for years chant and the balloon who couldnt stand on the railings
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 For the 'Younger fans'