PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bath match thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Bath match thread.  (Read 18635 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bath match thread.
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »

Were we good enough - NO

Can we blame the referee - NO

End of.

We were good enough for the first half hour before the first goal went in, that free kick decision (for the first goal) by the ref changed the match - Bath improved massively and we started to play worse.

Difficult to see it from the Golf Road end where I was but that decision  was a kick in the nuts for us

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »

Were we good enough - NO

End of.

We were good enough for the first half hour before the first goal went in, that free kick decision (for the first goal) by the ref changed the match - Bath improved massively and we started to play worse.

Difficult to see it from the Golf Road end where I was but that decision  was a kick in the nuts for us
We were bloody awful
ParkINson's red and white army

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »

I thought we played really well despite the score. For the first time in ages we actually passed, put some good moves together and created chances which should have been converted.

Whoever said we lacked passion... were you at the game??

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2011, 06:24:45 PM »

Were we good enough - NO

End of.

We were bloody awful

Wrong.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2011, 06:35:34 PM »

Bath were a good footballing side with Kaid Mohammed causing problems all over the pitch. Baynes seemed to drift into the middle on far too many occasions and hence did not offer the opportunity for the outball in wide areas. On the few occasions when he stayed wide he caused the opposition a handful. Before they scored, the match had 0-0 written all over it but with copiuos amounts of influence by an inept ref, the 3-0 eventual result was flattering for Bath. Is there any way this particular ref can be awarded a life time ban from Moss Lane?

Jezza

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »

What people have to remember is that before it hit the iceberg the titanic passengers enjoyed some excellent service and lovely weather so you can;t really blame the iceberg, the skipper rightly tried to port round the berg but he was nearer to the steering wheel than I was so obviously did it right and none of the passengers warned the crew of the danger and were asking for trouble.

refs are all sh*t so we're bound to get a few dodgy decisions in our favour soon to even it out.....

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »

Were we good enough - NO

End of.

We were bloody awful

Wrong.

Yeah sorry we pissed it ran the game had loads of chances and won 3 nil errrr sorry no we didnt we were awful today if that was good were in deep trouble

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2011, 07:22:04 PM »

How many saves did we force bath to make today ? Any one hazard a guess ?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2011, 07:30:06 PM »

How many saves did we force bath to make today ? Any one hazard a guess ?

The ref was as useless. Much the same  as we are in the final third without Denham and Clee.

Really can't see us creating much without the above two on the pitch.

On the plus side I thought Hewson played well, but would prefer him further  up the pitch. Carl P. was impressive again
Full time and proud of it

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sounds like a similar story to the away fixture, when we were in control (and two nil up) then they were thrown a lifeline by us missing a sitter to go 3-0. They said thanks very much and went on to get 2 back an it could have been all 3 points. Pity in this this league that the law of averages never seem to balance and poor refereeing decisions rarely go in our favour.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2011, 07:49:56 PM »

Cue accusations of Referee bias

Anyhow, For the first Bath goal Smithy dived in and ontacted neither ball nor player. However the 'careless nature' of the challenge (defender going to ground) made it a nailed on free kick. We then apparently switched off temporarily (I didn't see it tbh) and they scored.

Penalty was actually awarded by the Assistant on the popular side. Referee awarded foul but whether inside or outside was indicated by Assistant who had theoretically a better view. Was always gonna be a Red card once the fould had been given. Can't comment on the handball element as I was on the popular side terrace at the time. Oh and Smithy wants slaughtering for collecting a ridiculous caution by going back into the area as he did.

Our supposed penalty. There was a challenge in the area which may or may not have been a foul however the ball ran on to an Alty player with a clear shot at goal so Mr West played a decent advantage. We then missed this clear chance.

The third Bath goal. If the foul people are referring to was on the popular side touchline then Mr West was about three yards from it, much nearer than me so I can't comment on whetehr it was or not.

We need to remember that Bath have beaten some very good sides this season and also that we had sufficient fairly good chances to have won it had we taken them.

You obviously go to Moss Lane to watch and support the Referee and his two assistants and not the Robins. Everytime our fans criticise poor refereeing decisions you condone the officials decisions even when they are wrong (and they usually are). Our fans may see things with Red and White striped eyes but its strange thta at least ten of them see it differently to you at nearly every game.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 07:58:16 PM by RedhillAlty »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2011, 07:50:05 PM »

Apart from a few players, we were poor................and despite ATS 'justifying' every decision the ref made, the ref was equally poor (as this one always is).........time to move on and re-group for Tuesday
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »

I thought we were far from awful today against a very useful Bath side who were solid and attaccked at speed.

We simply didnt create enough in the final third.  We passed and passed and passed but didnt get the ball forward quick enough or create enough chances.

Wes Baynes had his best game I thought up until he was sent off.

We were 1-0 down and and had just brought Denham and Clee on to really go for it when we go to ten men.  It was hard enough against them with eleven.

No idea what the post about no passion meant...I thought we ran and ran all day.  Who wasn't trying?

Credit to Bath, they were very good at what they did and better than us on the day.

As Ballers said, every game is a one off in this league.

Onwards to Hayes where we must improve going forward.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

Apart from a few players, we were poor................and despite ATS 'justifying' every decision the ref made, the ref was equally poor (as this one always is).........time to move on and re-group for Tuesday

I do agree with this we got nothing today

bumble

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2011, 08:05:28 PM »

"Referee Mr S.J. West was again on the end of home crowd booing, just as he had been in November at Moss Lane, when he awarded Luton's winning goal despite protests that it had been cleared off the line"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bath match thread.