PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 United Friendly
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: United Friendly  (Read 4659 times)

fuertes

United Friendly
« on: July 06, 2009, 04:03:27 PM »

The following link would suggest it'll be a team of players we've never heard about coming to Moss Lane. There I was thinking the "they're not on tour, they'll play a strong side" thing might be true. Oh well.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BB4CEE8FA%2D9A47%2D47BC%2DB069%2D3F7A2F35DB70%7D&newsid=6634761

markecky

Re: United Friendly
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 04:18:50 PM »

It would always be a reserve team friendly in the eyes of United (and their website)

To advertise it as a first team friendly and then only have 3-4 first teamers and the rest reserves would be unfair on United fans.

I don't think this changes anything, it'll be as abve, a reserve side but with a few first teamers in it.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 04:56:44 PM »

It would be nice if they did send the team that last played in a European Cup Final, but it is more likely to that they send another side as suggested above.

I am no United fan, but we should be grateful they send a team down because it is not really helping their own preparations that much or enhancing the football 'education' of their youngsters to any great degree.

Last season we had great difficulty even getting the ball off what was probably their A team and this goes to show the quality of young potential Premiership footballers. Even if you have never heard of the players on the pitch, you can almost guarantee to see good football (contrast with Histon a few days later) and a real test for Altrincham
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Altyant

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 08:02:21 PM »

To be fair, Uniteds reserves teams usually contain:

Fabio Da Silva
Danny Wellbeck
Fredrico Macheda
Zoran Tosic
etc

Some not bad players there

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »

may also add owen to that list, as a new player he may be given additional opportunities to prove his fitness.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 10:52:56 PM »

may also add owen to that list, as a new player he may be given additional opportunities to prove his fitness.

What !............has Val signed for United !! ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

penfold

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 11:04:55 PM »

They will put a team of kids out as the 1st team are playing Valencia on the Wednesday night!

Foz

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 12:17:28 AM »

They will put a team of kids out as the 1st team are playing Valencia on the Wednesday night!

They don't always play a full first team in thegames like Valencia, think one of that sort of games last season they played a half team. No idea if they had another game where the rest played in that week though.....

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »

They won't win anything with kids.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 01:54:21 PM »

it wasnt friendly year. This is one friendly i will be missing.

george

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »

I was hoping as many people as possible would attendf as we need every penny we can get to support a playing budget Please come to the Home Friendlies.

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »

hold on - have we had the point about Val Owen singing for them answered yet?

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 02:34:29 PM »

I was hoping as many people as possible would attendf as we need every penny we can get to support a playing budget Please come to the Home Friendlies.

I have a season ticket matey, so I would be gettig in free anyway, it is just one I dont fancy after last year. I am sure it was one off though.

baldrick

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »

I told two United fans about this game today. They will both be attending, buying programmes and drinking a few pints of John Smiths. They said if Michael Owen plays it could be a full house.

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »

I told two United fans about this game today. They will both be attending, buying programmes and drinking a few pints of John Smiths. They said if Michael Owen plays it could be a full house.

That's what I'd hoped - at least one genuinely big name to get a couple of thousand punters in and make the club some much needed cash. Whilst obviously whatever team United send out it'll be very talented, after learning it's a reserve side managed by Solskjaer I'll be quite surprised if they play any big names at all.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 United Friendly