PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midweek matches
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Midweek matches  (Read 4744 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Midweek matches
« on: February 03, 2013, 06:27:27 AM »

Worcester v Gainsborough tomorrow is a key fixture, not sure what result we'd want from that.

Brackley v Gloucester on Tuesday you'd also hope Gloucester become a bit more clinical with their finishing

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek matches
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:38:17 AM »

Worcester v Gainsborough is now off as Gainsborough are playing Barrow in the FA Trophy.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »

Don't forget the mouth-watering prospect of Harrogate Town v Workington at our very own Bootham Crescent!

I assume the Tories have about 20 games in hand on everyone due to their pitch shambles?

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »

Don't forget the mouth-watering prospect of Harrogate Town v Workington at our very own Bootham Crescent!

I assume the Tories have about 20 games in hand on everyone due to their pitch shambles?

We've played 24, which is about par. Chester have played most (28). Harrogate have only played 19. Don't rule out Halifax knocking on your door, cap in hand. They actually have a game in hand on Harrogate due to THEIR quasi boating lake, coupled with a Trophy run.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »

We've played 24, which is about par. Chester have played most (28). Harrogate have only played 19. Don't rule out Halifax knocking on your door, cap in hand. They actually have a game in hand on Harrogate due to THEIR quasi boating lake, coupled with a Trophy run.

Oooh, looks like I'll be doing lots of lovely Conf North DVDs in that case, sounds exciting.

Hope none of their promotion rivals get their hands on them though, not that anyone uses video analysis at that level of course.

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »

I wrongly assumed you'd told them to Foreign Office when they elected to play at Donkeycaster,  How is the pitch at Bootham Crescent this season, had  it's own issues with waterlogging in recent years.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 03:21:23 PM »

I wrongly assumed you'd told them to Foreign Office when they elected to play at Donkeycaster,  How is the pitch at Bootham Crescent this season, had  it's own issues with waterlogging in recent years.

The pitch has had a bit of money spent on it, plus new frost covers, so it's in pretty decent condition. That said, it did seem to cut up a bit on Saturday when we were getting thrashed by Morecambe.

The whole event will be very strange. 4 subsidised coaches of fans coming from Harrogate, reduced entry prices, only part of the ground open, Harrogate sharing the club shop, all a bit weird.

I doubt many York fans will turn up now that our young midfielder Tom Platt has been recalled then sent out to Halifax.

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 03:35:59 PM »

The pitch has had a bit of money spent on it, plus new frost covers, so it's in pretty decent condition. That said, it did seem to cut up a bit on Saturday when we were getting thrashed by Morecambe.

The whole event will be very strange. 4 subsidised coaches of fans coming from Harrogate, reduced entry prices, only part of the ground open, Harrogate sharing the club shop, all a bit weird.

I doubt many York fans will turn up now that our young midfielder Tom Platt has been recalled then sent out to Halifax.

4 subsidised coaches?  Will they honestly get that many? 

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 04:33:14 PM »

4 subsidised coaches?  Will they honestly get that many? 

All full apparently. I'll believe it when I see it though!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »

I noticed that Harrogate Rugby Club's home fixture on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch as well. Strange (wet) place.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »

Is Guiseley - Halifax still on or are Halifax playing their Trophy replay?

Make sure we get 3 points at Droylsden, anything else will be great.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 11:55:40 PM »

Is Guiseley - Halifax still on or are Halifax playing their Trophy replay?

Make sure we get 3 points at Droylsden, anything else will be great.
Rearranged to the Wednesday  before we go to Halifax on the Saturday.

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »

I noticed that Harrogate Rugby Club's home fixture on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch as well. Strange (wet) place.
Perhaps the famous spa is trying to escape.......

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »

Oh christ, it's all getting too real!

http://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news.php?id=3876

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »

Oh christ, it's all getting too real!

http://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news.php?id=3876

"A programme will be available on the night priced at £1.50 and buying one will give you automatic entry into a special prize draw where Harrogate Town merchandise or refreshments at Town's next home game can be won."

Irresistible.

Do they sell Harrogate Town umbrellas....?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:59:29 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midweek matches