PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 McFadds up front, Young on subs bench
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: McFadds up front, Young on subs bench  (Read 26232 times)

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: McFadds up front, Young on subs bench
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »

can she play up front?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »

We need her up front, middle & at the back!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2008, 04:59:40 PM »

Just recieved this text by someone at the game Oxford 4 Alty 0 We can't competete with some of these teams.
@AltyDaz

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2008, 05:00:11 PM »

some? how about any?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2008, 05:00:58 PM »

Just recieved this text by someone at the game Oxford 4 Alty0 We can't competete with some of these teams.

even though half our team today are full time

Dougals Dad

« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2008, 05:02:30 PM »

can she play up front?

She's agreat dribbler!

crewe alty

« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2008, 05:16:33 PM »

few comments on the radio from there fans after the game i.e. it was easy although it was only alty,good win but alty were very poor,and worst team to visit oxford this season. in reality just about sums us up. luck you make your own by running for everything and being first to the 40/60 ball ala the vics game.as alty supporters we give everything think its about time we got something back from the staff ? 

Hamilton

« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2008, 05:46:29 PM »

Something to prove on Tuesday then!!!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »

Sounds like we missed little and Senior upfront, rather blunt today.

But we just cannot seem to keep clean sheets.

Only two so far in 25 league games.

It is very very frustrating, especially when so many people have praised Lane, Shotton & Tinson over the season.

we have praised them three, becuase they have done a good job. If you drew a diagram as to where the goals are coming from, it is th other player out of those three that makes a back four where we have shipped goals

Sorry Butty, as much as I have praised Darren Tinson, as much as I like Ryan Shotton and as sound as Laney initially was that's a load of bollocks pal. I know the left back slot is a problem but it hasn't cost us 52 league goals.

For me any of the entire back 5 could be replaced at any time, it's not bad luck. Maybe we need 4 battlers across the middle or maybe we need to change to 5 at the back. I don't know. but 'them three' unfortunately have not done a good job.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »

Of today's midfield, will any of them have been a holding midfielder protecting the back 4?

Altyant

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »

Of today's midfield, will any of them have been a holding midfielder protecting the back 4?

King?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2008, 12:10:37 AM »

Firstly an apology to Butty.

I'd posted my diatribe before I'd read your post fully. I'll hold may hands up to that one and, as I said apologise to you unreservedly. It wasn't supposed to be a personal attack really, more a criticism of the occasionally parochial and insular view espoused by certain of our following when any team or location other than Alty gets a mention

Secondly, maybe I've not actually been talking total crap all season and, contrary to popular rumour Mr Tinson is not the player he was at Burton or is purported to be here?

Suggestions if I may.

Lane at RB, Shotton and the guy from Halifax in the middle and Jennings? at LB. Nice card, cake, pipe and slippers for Tinson and let's see how the rest of the season goes

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2008, 06:01:12 PM »

Firstly an apology to Butty.

I'd posted my diatribe before I'd read your post fully. I'll hold may hands up to that one and, as I said apologise to you unreservedly. It wasn't supposed to be a personal attack really, more a criticism of the occasionally parochial and insular view espoused by certain of our following when any team or location other than Alty gets a mention

Secondly, maybe I've not actually been talking total crap all season and, contrary to popular rumour Mr Tinson is not the player he was at Burton or is purported to be here?

Suggestions if I may.

Lane at RB, Shotton and the guy from Halifax in the middle and Jennings? at LB. Nice card, cake, pipe and slippers for Tinson and let's see how the rest of the season goes

Phil-the suggestion that Tinson should be dropped is ludicrous in my view.Yes he did make an error for the first goal on Saturday & by his own exceptonally high standards he was below par.......but he was in good company.He may go on to play dreadfully for the rest of the season but for me he & Chris Senior have been our best players of the season to date by some margin.

RocketDan

« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2008, 06:06:39 PM »

Phil-the suggestion that Tinson should be dropped is ludicrous in my view.Yes he did make an error for the first goal on Saturday & by his own exceptonally high standards he was below par.......but he was in good company.He may go on to play dreadfully for the rest of the season but for me he & Chris Senior have been our best players of the season to date by some margin.

Errr... Chris Lane?
I like Tinno dont know why he isnt scoring goals anymore, he use to bang them in from set pieces all the time at the start of the season.

Butty

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »

Although we have not conceded 52 goals from the left back position, a lot of them have come from that area. Take out goals that have come from errors/defending mistakes there, and we may be left with a fairly respectable total. However, contrary to the beleif of ballers, I am not saying that lane tinson and shotton are 100% blame free. Ok, yes, they have leaked occasionally, but can you name me a defender in the conference who has not either a)had an off day, or b)is always perfect and cannot be blamed for any goals his side concede.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 McFadds up front, Young on subs bench