PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anything more obvious...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anything more obvious...  (Read 6356 times)

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Anything more obvious...
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 04:21:21 PM »

My thoughts exactly JD.   Hope Fergie does a bit of reading up and puts out the full team!  Have to give kudos to the Guardian just now.  They list the draw and it reads thus:-
Manchester United v Non-Romantics Crawley Town
Exactly!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 04:24:48 PM »

My thoughts exactly JD.   Hope Fergie does a bit of reading up and puts out the full team!  Have to give kudos to the Guardian just now.  They list the draw and it reads thus:-
Manchester United v Non-Romantics Crawley Town
Exactly!

Never thought I'd like something from the Grauniad!

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »

There is a world of difference between the routes taken by Burton Albion and Crawley.  

Buton built a solid team over the course of a few years, then had the fortune to draw MU in the cup.  This has led to them having roots with a fan base that can support and sustain a football league club.  

Crawley haven't. Crawley have hit lucky and that's fine with me.  This however does not grow the roots that they need into their local community.  They are by-passing the crucial bit in "Operation Promotion", the bit that will sustain them during the leaner years that will come.  We've seen this before and the outcome is inevitable. The draw with MU merely delays that inevitable ending when the tears start to flow, and the money stops.  

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »

There is a world of difference between the routes taken by Burton Albion and Crawley.  

Buton built a solid team over the course of a few years, then had the fortune to draw MU in the cup.  This has led to them having roots with a fan base that can support and sustain a football league club.  

Crawley haven't. Crawley have hit lucky and that's fine with me.  This however does not grow the roots that they need into their local community.  They are by-passing the crucial bit in "Operation Promotion", the bit that will sustain them during the leaner years that will come.  We've seen this before and the outcome is inevitable. The draw with MU merely delays that inevitable ending when the tears start to flow, and the money stops.  

Well put York.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 04:32:36 PM »

Come on Mancs ? They'll prob be car sharing from Crawley for their home game.

To be more correct, come on you Traffs and travelling army of M1 fans.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »

Just thinking.  Colin Little is still at United right?  Surely he is familiar with Crawley and the delightful Mr Evans.   Maybe a well placed word or two from an Alty legend to make sure Crawley get a good "seeing to" in the next round?

joe

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 04:38:12 PM »

There is probably more Man Utd fans in Crawley than Crawley fans!

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »

There is probably more Man Utd fans in Crawley than Crawley fans

;D ;D ;D ;D
FFS

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 04:58:15 PM »

Whilst it would be nice to have them out of the way next season, it would be nice to see what hapens if they don't get promoted, will they throw more money at it next year?

my thoughts entirely

i withdraw that comment, the Man Utd tie means that they wont run out of money any time soon and so the sooner they leave the better

AltyIan

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »

Right let's just put this down simply, this feat for crawley is nowhere near as good as the non league spectacle's from the likes of alty, blyth and yeovil. they are all professionals, train just as much as any other professional team and have daft amonts of money, the standard of their players is league 1. Fact of the matter is as we all know is that they should be extinct and it does seem like they are getting rewarded for cheating. If this was a REAL non league cup run, the players would be booking their days off work now. NO, fact of the matter is this is their job. Here's to uniteds second team humiliating crawley and giving them no consolation whatsoever, i hope it finishes 13-0. People are speaking as crawley being the best non league team ever in the FA Cup, please pass me the bucket, and pass them some history books.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »

Right let's just put this down simply, this feat for crawley is nowhere near as good as the non league spectacle's from the likes of alty, blyth and yeovil. they are all professionals, train just as much as any other professional team and have daft amonts of money, the standard of their players is league 1. Fact of the matter is as we all know is that they should be extinct and it does seem like they are getting rewarded for cheating. If this was a REAL non league cup run, the players would be booking their days off work now. NO, fact of the matter is this is their job. Here's to uniteds second team humiliating crawley and giving them no consolation whatsoever, i hope it finishes 13-0. People are speaking as crawley being the best non league team ever in the FA Cup, please pass me the bucket, and pass them some history books.
Certainly a big difference between Alty playing Liverpool all those years ago and Crawley v United.

Jacko

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 05:43:03 PM »

Burton and York drew at utd, so it is possible

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 05:47:45 PM »

Unfortunately they will draw Manchester United at Old Trafford and it will be live on TV.......hence paying off their current huge 'far east' investment fraud
Crime never pays.............cheats never prosper etc etc   >:(

You tempted fate!!!!
None of us ever wanted to see the Majeeds, Eveans ect prosper. That horrible club should have been wound up several seasons ago.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »

I hear that United have bought New Padlocks for the trophy cases
Harold

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 12:58:17 PM »

I hear that United have bought New Padlocks for the trophy cases
;D