News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester highlights on AltyTV

Author Topic: Chester highlights on AltyTV  (Read 3851 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« on: August 28, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »

Sorry - I know there is already a tread re the highlights but didn't get the chance to post the link this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGa0QZKQ1UU

So, if Damian did score the 2nd - was he offside?  ;)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Chester highlights on AltyTV
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 07:11:07 PM »

He looked in an offside position. He should have been given offside even if the officials thought he didn't touch the ball, as he became active when he tried to play the ball. But he wasn't offside because the officials awarded a goal.
They really should be beating teams like us

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »

Chester's 4th goal was an absolute cracker, looks even better watching it back.

Looks like Luca Havern is to blame for the first 3 chester goals though.

Overall the defence was woeful, and I Can't help but thinking that Havern and Hall could be the new Paul Jones and Adam Flynn - showing promise in pre-season but failing to deliver when it matter.

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »

I guess the defender who was tracking Duncan's run was playing Damien on - he's not on the screen so you can't tell for sure.

Also on first goal the scorer ran from midfield behind our centre halves who didn't seem to know he was there.  Rodgers could have run with him or someone shouted to let them know.  I don't think you can blame any individual for an all round shody bit of defending - if anything that's more worrying than one individual making an error

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 10:08:15 PM »

Damien's first goal (lets be honest, he got both) was technically fantastic. Looked a cracking game of football.

The defending for Chester's first two was right up there with any of the dross we saw at the back throughout last season. Stuart must get so frustrated with what he has to put up with these days in front of him. Havern especially looked utter gash and owes us a performance bigtime on Saturday.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 11:05:17 PM »

Damien's first goal (lets be honest, he got both) was technically fantastic. Looked a cracking game of football.

The defending for Chester's first two was right up there with any of the dross we saw at the back throughout last season. Stuart must get so frustrated with what he has to put up with these days in front of him. Havern especially looked utter gash and owes us a performance bigtime on Saturday.

As demonstrated in the video footage of the aftermath of Chester's second goal....!

Two superb saves, yet again, by Stuart yesterday, too.

That point blank header at the Chequers End and the tip over the bar from that curling shot at the Golf Road End.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

VofD

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »

As demonstrated in the video footage of the aftermath of Chester's second goal....!

Two superb saves, yet again, by Stuart yesterday, too.

That point blank header at the Chequers End and the tip over the bar from that curling shot at the Golf Road End.

GOD help us when Stu has to hang up his jersey.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 11:27:30 PM »

Also on first goal the scorer ran from midfield behind our centre halves who didn't seem to know he was there.  Rodgers could have run with him or someone shouted to let them know.  I don't think you can blame any individual for an all round shody bit of defending - if anything that's more worrying than one individual making an error

The midfield was to blame for the first goal. They stood off and watched play build up behind them without helping out the defence. Lawrie in particular cheated by pretending to be marking their full back when in reality he should have been doubling up with Doughty on their right winger. AS it was he just left Matt one on one with a good playedr and as can happen he beat him and put up a great cross which to be honest once it's on it's way is very difficult to defend from.

I think Havern and Hall are good to be fair although on Saturday Havern looked like a good looking lad who was hungover due to Bank Holiday weekend shagging in Stalyvegas a little bit more sluggish than usual.

robins1978

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 11:37:57 PM »

looks to me like the 4th chester goal was scored from the 'Freeman' spot - cheeky wotsit!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »

Looking at it again the 3rd goal is a shocker. Both Doughty and Lawrie are walking off with their back to the ball when the throw in is taken.

Criminal.

jacksparrow

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »

Good spot , they were actually moaning at the linesman ,criminal at 2 - 2 with game on

Altyant

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »

First time I have seen the Alty TV highlights this season and they look an excellent package.

A few things that I noticed from the highlights:

Did Wes Baynes put the cross in for their first goal? Did he actually get any assists for us?
Did anybody notice the referee hurl himself into view around 4.28?
Awesome strike from Damien - he seems to be getting back to his best
Also, Moult seemed to do ok when he came on

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 09:24:23 PM »

First time I have seen the Alty TV highlights this season and they look an excellent package.

A few things that I noticed from the highlights:

Did Wes Baynes put the cross in for their first goal? Did he actually get any assists for us?
Did anybody notice the referee hurl himself into view around 4.28?
Awesome strike from Damien - he seems to be getting back to his best
Also, Moult seemed to do ok when he came on
Damien has only scored 3 in 4 he has done nothing for this club he needs to go
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team