PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Man U - match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Alty v Man U - match thread  (Read 10240 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty v Man U - match thread
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »

I agree that most players will have a go at the officials when an obvious decision is missed, but the problem as I saw it was that Joseph had three separate goes at the guy. True he never swore at him, but a pedantic official would be inclined at the third attempt to call the ref over.

Phil is right - also it should be remembered that the criterion for a Yellow Card is "dissent by word or action" This is down to the interpretation of the official.
The criterion for red is "insulting or offensive" and different people find different things insulting/offensive so there is no necessity to have sworn in order to attract a greetings card of either hue

fuertes

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »

I'd allow the shorted of short outbursts, since frustration is a normal part of being a human, but when a players starts going on they should immediately be in the book.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 01:25:38 PM »

I agree that most players will have a go at the officials when an obvious decision is missed, but the problem as I saw it was that Joseph had three separate goes at the guy. True he never swore at him, but a pedantic official would be inclined at the third attempt to call the ref over.

Phil is right - also it should be remembered that the criterion for a Yellow Card is "dissent by word or action" This is down to the interpretation of the official.
The criterion for red is "insulting or offensive" and different people find different things insulting/offensive so there is no necessity to have sworn in order to attract a greetings card of either hue

ATS. You should change your user name to Will Smith -------- "Men in Black"    and all that   ;)   :D

I dont doubt your correct in what you say though...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Man U - match thread