PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Macc
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Alty v Macc  (Read 8565 times)

Silkyman23

Re: Alty v Macc
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 10:17:51 PM »

And you'd hope it'd be a decent one, though I get the feeling it may be two teams of triallists.

Not from us. We've got our squad pretty much sorted now. We've got a couple of trial players here still, one being Matt Hamshaw who I really hope we sign.

Gary Simpson has said a coupe of times that this will be one of our toughest tests of pre season so I can't see it being a weaker side!

Narcissist

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 10:56:36 PM »

If alty play macc in a competative game we will all love it and even macc fans admit that. Until then I agree it's sacred. Part of me wants 2 teams of trialists. I'd hate to think of both teams actually trying when it's not a proper derby game!

Still, I think it's something worth celebrating and don't think it would be right to play anyone else. One of those catch 22's that I hope next season won't happen, because we'll be in the same league!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 10:03:50 AM »

Friendly or not. Me and the other half will be there on Tues... There is something nice about walking into the ground for the first time prior to the season starting over again..

What better way to celebrate 100 years at Moss Lane than beating The Old Enemy

Cmon ALTY

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 12:04:20 PM »

I think it's good to play Macc. Chances are we're not going to draw them in a cup and by playing them we are keeping alive the old rivalry. Younger fans have never seen Alty vs Macc so can't join in the rivalry. It's a part of Alty tradition that could die out.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

wonderstuff

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 12:52:11 PM »

I think it's good to play Macc. Chances are we're not going to draw them in a cup and by playing them we are keeping alive the old rivalry. Younger fans have never seen Alty vs Macc so can't join in the rivalry. It's a part of Alty tradition that could die out.

...also, there's no reason why it won't be played in a competitive manner. The game is to mark 100 years of football at Moss Lane, and I'm sure the Alty lads will play to win.

dan_mtfc

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »

...also, there's no reason why it won't be played in a competitive manner. The game is to mark 100 years of football at Moss Lane, and I'm sure the Alty lads will play to win.

Not to competative though we have already got a few injuries to key players in our squad, we don't want anymore.

Heffer

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 06:19:47 PM »

You having a laugh? Playing them in a friendly will not keep an old rivalry alive!! Only serve to lessen it

Younger fans will have to wait

joe

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 08:27:31 PM »

You having a laugh? Playing them in a friendly will not keep an old rivalry alive!! Only serve to lessen it

Younger fans will have to wait

This! I won't be attending on Tuesday,it's a farcical friendly!

Silkyman23

george

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »

HOPE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE ATTEND. WE NEED EVERY PENNY TO COMPETE IN THIS LEAGUE.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »

I am coming looking forward to it
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 05:31:32 PM »

I think as Grahame Rowley says, the friendly has been arranged for the 100 year anniversary at Moss Lane and us playingthem in the first game. I'm sure that otherwise it's not the friendly we would arrange, and indeed haven't in the past. Although all the arguments against are very valid too.

George is also correct about us needing the money and Hughesy has stated elsewhere it's probably just the test we need right now, as such I'll be in attendance.

jimmyhank

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »

I'll be there and really looking forward to it.

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 08:34:43 PM »

I wouldn't miss this one for the World - especially since Macc have confirmed they're sending their first team squad. Bring it on ! ! !

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 08:49:41 PM »

Surely the fact that the game is to celebrate a centenary of football at Moss Lane is justification enough to attend. The opposition should make it a bit more spicy than even a Prem club would, so what is the issue? A chance to see what may be the basis of the season's squad against an old rival in a commemorative game.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Macc