PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Macc
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Alty v Macc  (Read 8567 times)

steveo_macc

Alty v Macc
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:34:17 PM »

What you guys reckon???

Considering paying a visit but still in 2 minds.....you reckon be a good match??

And by the way am not one of these pple that causes sh*t on the message boards.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty v Macc
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:40:36 PM »

And by the way am not one of these pple that causes sh*t on the message boards.

Word is troll.

And you'd hope it'd be a decent one, though I get the feeling it may be two teams of triallists.

dan_mtfc

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:40:16 PM »

Can't imagine it being a particularly good game, not many people are that bothered about a friendly, if it was an FA Cup tie then it would be a different story.

We will bring a first team plus trialists, with 3 games in 7 days it will an Eriksson style substitute fest.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »

not many people are that bothered about a friendly, if it was an FA Cup tie then it would be a different story.

This.

Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 04:01:46 PM »

I will be on holiday for it but as I said when it was organised, we should not be playing Macclesfield in a friendly.  Somethings should be kept sacred.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »

I will be on holiday for it but as I said when it was organised, we should not be playing Macclesfield in a friendly.  Somethings should be kept sacred.
Agree, this should never be a friendly game, it is like playing Vics in a friendly or FGR or Mansfield - it just should not happen.

GrahameRowley

The reason behind the game
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 04:53:36 PM »

The whole point of arranging a game against Macclesfield this season was to commemorate the 100 yrs at Moss Lane with Macclesfield being our first opponents here in 1910. There will also be a 100 years at Moss Lane Dinner arranged for around the time of our move to Moss Lane - Sept 1910.

It was on my suggestion that this game was arranged and I'm sure that we will be playing our strongest team available on the night. Everyone's support was this game would be much appreciated - a small commemorative programme will also be produced for the occassion

Grahame Rowley

markecky

Re: The reason behind the game
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »

The whole point of arranging a game against Macclesfield this season was to commemorate the 100 yrs at Moss Lane with Macclesfield being our first opponents here in 1910. There will also be a 100 years at Moss Lane Dinner arranged for around the time of our move to Moss Lane - Sept 1910.

It was on my suggestion that this game was arranged and I'm sure that we will be playing our strongest team available on the night. Everyone's support was this game would be much appreciated - a small commemorative programme will also be produced for the occassion

Grahame Rowley

Just my personal opinion.  Of course everyone should support it, it will be a good game and a good test for us. 

I just don't like the thought of us playing Macc in front of 350 in a non competitve game.

dan_mtfc

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 05:17:22 PM »

Surely if its an occasion like that it would have been an idea to let people know?

I tend to agree with the other posts, we should not play each other in a friendly, the day we meet in a competative fixture will be special, having friendlies surely dampens the inevitable expectation of the fixture to come.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:29 PM »

it was announced on the altrincham club website. what were you expecting, a personal invitation?

dan_mtfc

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 08:13:19 PM »

it was announced on the altrincham club website. what were you expecting, a personal invitation?

Yes, delivered by an owl.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »

Not everyone views the website and I'm certain few Macc fans drop by regularly.

If its a centenary fixture then true, the publicity should be more widespread.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »

Who will promise to return by saying, "Owl be back!"

Altrinchman

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 09:14:11 PM »

Who will promise to return by saying, "Owl be back!"

Could we just keep one thread about its original topic instead of it ending with a sh*t pun?  This is a discussion about the Alty v Macc Town game

dan_mtfc

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 09:19:57 PM »

Have to say Micheal Twiss is a very canny signing, experienced and proven at Conference level.

It seems Alty are improving year by year, you setting yourselves up to join us in the big league?!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty v Macc