« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 09:41:18 PM »

ile be at the torquay game wayno, im heading to the land
with many hills

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fans
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »

You ask Flynny sybil! We may have got pissed in Torquay on the sunday but Flynny saw the pitch!

Petrocellli is spot on....see December 10th on this archived monthly news thread from December 2007:-

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/alt0708e.htm

God bless the Laidlars!

Torquay didn't want to play the game on the Sunday as their players had a Christmas night out planned for the Saturday.

NOBBLED :o :o :o :o :o

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 12:37:36 AM »

You ask Flynny sybil! We may have got pissed in Torquay on the sunday but Flynny saw the pitch!

Petrocellli is spot on....see December 10th on this archived monthly news thread from December 2007:-

God bless the Laidlars!

Torquay didn't want to play the game on the Sunday as their players had a Christmas night out planned for the Saturday.

I'm not sure what this really tells us Brian. I was in Torquay all the Saturday and the volume of rain that fell meant it would have taken a miracle to get the game on. Indeed I told Peter Saturday tea time to not bother travelling as there was 0% of the game taking place.

Photographs of pitches don't really mean much, you only have to look at last season and the number of postponements we had at moss lane when the pitch looked fine

Of course it is nice to blow the conspiracy trumpet as we like to do - but sometimes sh*t happens

Alex

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 08:59:33 AM »

God bless the Laidlars!

clicking that link and seeing the first item made me wonder if the club still has stoke citys number for young defenders who can play as a centre forwards to bring in on loan.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 12:19:09 AM »

God bless the Laidlars!

I'm not sure what this really tells us Brian. I was in Torquay all the Saturday and the volume of rain that fell meant it would have taken a miracle to get the game on. Indeed I told Peter Saturday tea time to not bother travelling as there was 0% of the game taking place.

Photographs of pitches don't really mean much, you only have to look at last season and the number of postponements we had at moss lane when the pitch looked fine

Of course it is nice to blow the conspiracy trumpet as we like to do - but sometimes sh*t happens

I was in Torquay from about 1pm on the Saturday & I can't really remember any rain of note.It certainly wasn't raining on the Saturday night when we visited the Model Village.It was cold though.

I was genuinely surprised when I heard the game was off, but the reason that I went to have a look was that the owner of the small hotel that we were staying at told me that he was very surprised that the game was off, as the ground drained very well & rarely suffered postponements due to waterlogging. When I got there around 11am, there was no water on the pitch at all...it was perfectly playable.

One of our Devon based fans....possibly Harold.......confirmed what had happened a couple of days later when he spoke to an Exeter player, who had been told by one of the Torquay players, who was a friend of his, that it had been nobbled.

We were done.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 02:48:21 AM »

Reference the above, then here rests the case for the prosecution says Mr Flynn.......looking at all the evidence and acknowledging the reliability of the learned witness, then surely the judge would whole heartily agree we was robbed   >:(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GB Alty

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 10:02:35 AM »

Reference the above, then here rests the case for the prosecution says Mr Flynn.......looking at all the evidence and acknowledging the reliability of the learned witness, then surely the judge would whole heartily agree we was robbed   >:(
I think we will have disagree, but I remember sheltering from torrential rain on the Saturday night. Indeed I remember the coastguard closed certain streets as there were concerns the harbour was going to overflow and flood the town centre.

Also the road of the B&B where me and my husband were staying was flooded as well

Incidentally the model village is in Babbacombe not Torquay

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 10:52:10 PM »

I think we will have disagree, but I remember sheltering from torrential rain on the Saturday night. Indeed I remember the coastguard closed certain streets as there were concerns the harbour was going to overflow and flood the town centre.

Also the road of the B&B where me and my husband were staying was flooded as well

Incidentally the model village is in Babbacombe not Torquay

I think that you are right & we will have to agree to disagree as it seems that we had completely different weather experiences leading up to the game being called off. I do believe that it was the Torquay players Christmas night out that scuppered the game, as the original date for the game (Saturday) was their only home league game in December & that would be the obvious date to have this.In my view, when the date of the game was changed to the Sunday, which I believe was about a month earlier, they decided that they would carry on regardless, have their night out & get the local referee to call it off on the Sunday morning.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans