News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pensioners Christmas Lunch

Author Topic: Pensioners Christmas Lunch  (Read 3524 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 10, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »

The TASC Pensioners Christmas Lunch took place today in The Manchester Glass Ltd Sponsors Lounge & raised £353 for Altrincham Football Club....which is a great effort & our thanks go to everyone who attended.

Dave Johnson did a superb job in the kitchen & we would like to thank The Best Western Cresta Court Hotel for providing the food.

Further details & photos of the event will appear on the club website later this week & in Saturday's match programme.

taxi Phil

Re: Pensioners Christmas Lunch
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 08:30:09 PM »

The TASC Pensioners Christmas Lunch took place today in The Manchester Glass Ltd Sponsors Lounge & raised £353 for Altrincham Football Club....which is a great effort & our thanks go to everyone who attended.

Dave Johnson did a superb job in the kitchen & we would like to thank The Best Western Cresta Court Hotel for providing the food.

Further details & photos of the event will appear on the club website later this week & in Saturday's match programme.

A first class meal, and a good time had by all. The opportunity to share a table with Alty legend George Heslop. And a raffle prize to top it off. Quality !

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 08:44:53 PM »

A first class meal, and a good time had by all. The opportunity to share a table with Alty legend George Heslop. And a raffle prize to top it off. Quality !

street. Box of?
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »

No....Danish biscuits in a rather nice tin I can use again.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 12:07:56 AM »

Was George Heslop the raffle prize?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 10:55:25 AM »

Was George Heslop the raffle prize?

Now there's a thought !

What could or would you use George for if you did win him as a raffle prize ?   ???  ???

The forum is open for suggestions

george

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »

At the above function I asked Mr. Phil Jordan to select a team from the numerous footballers who he had driven in his cab. Going back to when he started iin the horse driven days. I was delighted to attend the function as I brought the average age down.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 10:05:31 PM »

At the above function I asked Mr. Phil Jordan to select a team from the numerous footballers who he had driven in his cab. Going back to when he started iin the horse driven days. I was delighted to attend the function as I brought the average age down.
When I've racked my brain (what's left of it !) I shall select said team. It will be mostly United players.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 12:14:28 PM »

Can I come next year?! :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team