PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcotes Red Card
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Heathcotes Red Card  (Read 5950 times)

Butty

Re: Heathcotes Red Card
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »

It does really depend on the personality of the Official. As a referee myself, and bringing consistency with ATS into the picture, I will tolerate being told to f off by a player, but I will have a quiet word and explain the decision. I know from personal playing experience that sometimes this is not always vented as a personal insult, just emotions boiling over when it seems things are going against you as a player/team

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 03:42:55 PM »

It does really depend on the personality of the Official. As a referee myself, and bringing consistency with ATS into the
 picture, I will tolerate being told to f off by a player, but I will have a quiet word and explain the decision. I know from personal playing experience that sometimes this is not always vented as a personal insult, just emotions boiling over when it seems things are going against you as a player/team

Agreed entirely Butty. Despite my earlier post I decide as much on context, state of the game etc. Rather than what's said. Apart obviously from certain words which are strictly unacceptable, cheat being one of those.
I guess it's down to an individual officials tolerance and interpretation.
I hope it stays that way too, as the concept of 'robot refs' doesn't bear thinking about

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 03:51:50 PM »

Being clear about what consitutes a red card or a yellow or which insults are acceptable is not really a step towards robot refs, its a step towards consistency.  The game should not be about the referee and his or her personality or the mood that they are in.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jezza

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 03:57:37 PM »

Why can a ref call a player a cheat....ie by booking him for simulation (even though the ref may have made a mistake) but this arrangement is not reciprocal?

One classic case of this was when the ref sent of colin little for simulating a headbutt......strangely though he thought colin had siumulated he didn't think the Runcorn player 'simulated' throwing hinself to the floor and rolling around as if he'd been shot.....

The way that ref in the porto arsenal match last night ran toward the arsenal keeper demanding the ball the ball before swiftly giving it to the porto player knowing the arsenal team had not made it back from the half way line to defend told me this guy was determined to give porto a goal scoring opportunity from the moment he blew his whistle......this to me is cheating......that he didn't see the clear arsenal penalty...and neither did either of the the assistants is a human error which everyone accepts refs, players and ourselves make.

wether this ref and his assistants cheated like henri did or all made human errors in the france ireland match can only be known to themsleves. but we know the ref's boss UEFA had blatantly cheated by fixing the play offs don't we?

Knowing the 'cote I'm sure some colourful language was heard....but standing on the sidelines every week you will hear players shouting 'into the air' "ah that's f***ing w&&k ref"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcotes Red Card