PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcotes Red Card
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Heathcotes Red Card  (Read 5949 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Heathcotes Red Card
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »

Heard from a very reliable source that at one point last night, the Fourth Official opted to turn around and start arguing with someone in the crowd in the Main Stand.

Not very professional.

I do hope He was red carded for this offence .....:)
ParkINson's red and white army

Longman

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 07:00:30 PM »

What is the three match ban from 2 years ago for?  The punch up with Torquay at our place?

Altyant

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 08:23:54 PM »

I believe that he asked the fourth offical how Smiths tackle was a bookable offence & that no bad language was involved. Obviously I heard that second hand as I wasnt behind the dug-outs at the time.

ATS - I agree with an earlier post, surely you cant tell me that no Eastbourne player, or Alty player last night used any kind of abusive language or potentially insulting language last. For example their number 5 (Austin??) was chipping at the ref constantly last night. I dont for one minute believe all his comments were polite, Its that kind of lack of consistancy that really infuriates players, managers and fans

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »

what's the point of asking the fourth official about a decision the referee made? heathcote's reputation is already made and you have to wonder how he can instill discipline in his players when he hardly sets a good example himself.

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 10:00:51 PM »

what's the point of asking the fourth official about a decision the referee made? heathcote's reputation is already made and you have to wonder how he can instill discipline in his players when he hardly sets a good example himself.

The players were very disciplined last night - so????

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 10:32:14 PM »

The players were very disciplined last night - so????

I'd be more worried if he didn't air his views/opinions every now and again....

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 08:20:02 AM »

I thought the 4th official was there to argue with both managers and make sure they don't cross the lines marking the technical area.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 08:29:35 AM »

I believe that he asked the fourth offical how Smiths tackle was a bookable offence & that no bad language was involved. Obviously I heard that second hand as I wasnt behind the dug-outs at the time.

ATS - I agree with an earlier post, surely you cant tell me that no Eastbourne player, or Alty player last night used any kind of abusive language or potentially insulting language last. For example their number 5 (Austin??) was chipping at the ref constantly last night. I dont for one minute believe all his comments were polite, Its that kind of lack of consistancy that really infuriates players, managers and fans

The crux of the matter is how you define abusive or insulting.

Leaving Tuesday night aside for a moment I would not consider being told that I was useless sufficiently offensive or insulting to warrant a Red Card. Depending on the context it may not even warrant a yellow or even a word. If somebody called me a useless cheat or in any way suggested that I was or had been cheating then a Red Card would be instantaneous.

F&^k off to yourself when you've just missed an open goal is not insulting nor, in my book offensive. The same aimed at me when I've penalised you is different. I know of a deeply religious referee who will not tolerate even the first scenario.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 08:47:42 AM »

Leaving Tuesday night aside for a moment I would not consider being told that I was useless sufficiently offensive or insulting to warrant a Red Card. Depending on the context it may not even warrant a yellow or even a word. If somebody called me a useless cheat or in any way suggested that I was or had been cheating then a Red Card would be instantaneous.

F&^k off to yourself when you've just missed an open goal is not insulting nor, in my book offensive. The same aimed at me when I've penalised you is different. I know of a deeply religious referee who will not tolerate even the first scenario.

and in that is the problem, consistency.  I have done ref training (only for sunday league) myself and these matters are left to the discresion of the ref.  In my opinion this is what causes the frustration and misunderstandings, if we were clear on what would be a red card.  As the Barrow manager refers to when he had an incident at Gateshead and Wenger last night on the quickly taken free kick. More must be done to explain the rules to the players, managers and supporters.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 08:48:34 AM »

I've heard that Archbishop of Canterbury can be a bit of a stickler..  ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:24 AM »

Perhaps the Archbishop could be roped in to referee Mansfield's next match !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 09:14:10 AM »

Perhaps the Archbishop could be roped in to referee Mansfield's next match !

A UN Peace keeping force may be more appropriate for that one Phil  :)

joe

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »

Les Lever?

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 10:44:14 AM »

Agree with ellisapple on this one. Consistency is then the problem. Wouldn't it be more simple if there was just a blanket ban on all swearing/arguing with the officials ala rugby whereby the referee's word is taken as right but the fourth official also has the power to tell the ref if he is wrong and the linesmen have equal power as the ref, as opposed to the ref telling them what to do?

Simple and effective.

Jezza

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 01:09:37 PM »

Simple and effective.

therein lies the flaw in your cunning plan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcotes Red Card