PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcotes Red Card
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Heathcotes Red Card  (Read 5951 times)

Jenga

Heathcotes Red Card
« on: February 17, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »

Any know what he said?

Do refs not understand that when people complain about their decisions so ferously it usually because the referee is wrong. Yet they just say " sorry you cant argue with me I am the ref - off you go - RED CARD".

I know that there has to be laws and the referee is in charge and no one can argue with the ref and the ref is always right - even when a player jumps up with two hands to handball it in front of the ref and he doesnt give a free kick, nevermind a yellow or a red for deliberate handball.

BUT,

Could the referee perhaps just once say - sorry guys i got that one wrong. I guess life is too simple in my eyes!!!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Heathcotes Red Card
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:30:56 PM »

It was for offensive/insulting language to the fourth official

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 01:02:24 PM »

GH?no never!! ;D
Harold

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 01:10:13 PM »

Could the referee perhaps just once say - sorry guys i got that one wrong.

I think that's against some referees code of conduct orsomething...certainly against the basic instincts of the referee mindset.

offensive/insulting language? well which one was it?...coz that sounds like someone is not quite sure but wants to sound like they are....but herein lies another ref's inconcsistency....are you really telling us that not one of the Eastbourne players or management said anything derogatory whatsoever towards any of the 4 officials (four and they still miss the blindingly obvious week in week out don't they?) whatsoever throughout the whole match?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 01:17:16 PM »

The wording of the Law is Insulting or Offensive that's why I typed it.

Not surprised that yet again you are applying your own unique interpretation of what someone posts in order to further fuel your one eyed and totally irrational dislike of match officials based purely on the fact that they are match officials and that should be enough

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »

Come on Alty!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 01:29:35 PM »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »

I don't see how it warranted it's own news article to be honest.
Come on Alty!

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 01:43:22 PM »

Quote from: Graham Heathcote
"I was flabbergasted when he called the referee over, and I was sent to the stand. I hadn't had a single altercation with anyone all night, and my comments about the yellow card were nothing out of the ordinary and, more importantly, were directed at no-one. The fourth official was clearly over-sensitive and over-zealous, and he even claimd later that I had aimed the remarks at the assessor, which was equally untrue.

I love GH and his honesty.  ;D

To be perfectly honest though, if they were ntohing out of the ordinary then we don't know what was said.

If however it was not aimed at anybody and fans would be willing to submit evidence etc to that end and he does get banned would it be worth an appeal?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »

Could the referee perhaps just once say - sorry guys i got that one wrong.

I think that's against some referees code of conduct orsomething...certainly against the basic instincts of the referee mindset.

offensive/insulting language? well which one was it?...coz that sounds like someone is not quite sure but wants to sound like they are....but herein lies another ref's inconcsistency....are you really telling us that not one of the Eastbourne players or management said anything derogatory whatsoever towards any of the 4 officials (four and they still miss the blindingly obvious week in week out don't they?) whatsoever throughout the whole match?

I thought last nights ref started off ok and went down hill pretty quickly. Some of them love to be in the limelight (or Joyce like) it was obvious to me as the game went on that Mr (00f**kup) Bond was enjoying the sound of his own voice last night, Refs should learn how to just stand back and consider there next action before grasping for a card as if there fkn shirt is on fire.

62vintage

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 03:16:42 PM »

Both sendings off (players) were right in my opinion. Mr Heathcote will be getting a reputation if he is not careful, arguing with fans and now sent off for swearing at the fourth official. He may say that he only said something out loud that was not aimed at anyone, but that is not what will go in the referees report.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 03:20:07 PM »

Mr Heathcote will be getting a reputation if he is not careful, arguing with fans and now sent off for swearing at the fourth official

I think Graham would smirk at that  ;)

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 04:59:26 PM »

To be honest whatever GH did say, even if was against the referee was totally warrantied and i fully support whatever he said.

That ref last night was TOOL of the highest order.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 05:01:45 PM »

Heard from a very reliable source that at one point last night, the Fourth Official opted to turn around and start arguing with someone in the crowd in the Main Stand.

Not very professional.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 05:36:53 PM »

Not surprised that yet again you are applying your own unique interpretation of what someone posts in order to further fuel your one eyed and totally irrational dislike of match officials based purely on the fact that they are match officials and that should be enough

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heathcotes Red Card