PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 He scores when he wants.....
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: He scores when he wants.....  (Read 5953 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: He scores when he wants.....
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 07:47:02 PM »

15 goals in 33 Conference starts.  Next highest scorer in the league is Michael Twiss, Nicky Clee, Dale Johnson and Marc Joseph (!) with 4.  The first time I really noticed him was his early goal at Tamworth (brilliant finishing) that season where (ironically) Kyle Perry got Joseph sent off and then scored the all too predictable equaliser.

If he stays with us he will move second!  He is already second in League goals scored (but only because we dont play anywhere near as many cup games as we used to)

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 11:47:39 PM »

I notice with the announcement of the England C squad and reserve squad that there are 7 forwards deemed better than Reevsie by Paul Fairclough
I'm pretty sure that the selection criteria is Under-23?  Might be wrong?
There is a definite age cut-off & I think you're right to say it's 23.
Which leaves me totally mystified by the absence from the squad of Scott Leather.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 10:25:22 AM »

The whole idea of the England C team seems wrong to me now that the Conference is mainly full-time. It used to be for the best part-time players, now it's for the best of the worst full-time ones. Why should Bristol Rovers or Torquay players be rewarded for getting relegated with a chance to play for their country, something they wouldn't get if they'd stayed up?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 10:53:36 AM »

I always get the impression that there is a Southern bias when it comes to picking players for the C Team

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »

Hear hear Leon, no Full time footballers should play for England C its become a team of the worst professional footballers in England, rather then the best semi pro footballers. They do it as their job, if they are good enough they get picked for the full national side.  

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »

Also, he is now level with John Rogers in 6th place in the all time scorers table on 133 goals, chasing Walter Jones on 141 and then in equal second Jeff Johnson, Graham Heathcote and Jack Helme on 147.  A long way to go to catch Jack Swindells with 263!

I've scoured the legends section to see who our top scorers might be and I managed to cover 5 of those 6 but tell me about Jack Helme. I'd not heard of him.

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 07:17:22 AM »

Also, he is now level with John Rogers in 6th place in the all time scorers table on 133 goals, chasing Walter Jones on 141 and then in equal second Jeff Johnson, Graham Heathcote and Jack Helme on 147.  A long way to go to catch Jack Swindells with 263!
I've scoured the legends section to see who our top scorers might be and I managed to cover 5 of those 6 but tell me about Jack Helme. I'd not heard of him.
Centre-forward in the 1920s - certainly between 1920-24; 11 goals in FA Cup ties including 5 in the two games v Tranmere in 1921 (our first League scalp).
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 He scores when he wants.....