PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vanarama conference
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vanarama conference  (Read 5947 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Vanarama conference
« on: July 30, 2014, 04:13:06 PM »

Glad they've dropped the "premier" nonsense, this isn't America

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/mobile/news/details.php?news_id=13030

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vanarama conference
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:48:09 PM »

Has anyone any idea how much giving the league a tinpot name will mean in Cash terms per season for us?
In other words, will it be worth it?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

roytonmike

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 06:13:56 PM »

Has anyone any idea how much giving the league a tinpot name will mean in Cash terms per season for us?
Anything is better than nothing, I suppose, but it still has a tinpot ring to it.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:21:37 PM »

Has anyone any idea how much giving the league a tinpot name will mean in Cash terms per season for us? In other words, will it be worth it?
Anything is better than nothing, I suppose, but it still has a tinpot ring to it.
Might be my suspicious nature but the Conference hasn't got a very good track record at negotiating lucrative deals for its membership. For the figures not to be widely known, seems a little questionable. I'm afraid it's going to be not a lot. How could it be big money from a concern that's not exactly a household name?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »

15K a year I believe.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 08:16:49 PM »

Perhaps not a household name to some but I have seen their TV advert and they are a huge name in industries that use vans.

NLP says the deal is worth £700,000 a year to the league, not really to be sniffed at.

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/conference-premier-step-one/10988/vanarama-confirmed-as-new-conference-sponsors/

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 08:24:45 PM »

Having no sponsor at all would have been "tinpot".

It's 15 grand we  wouldn't otherwise have had.
Come on Alty!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 08:58:06 PM »

And another good reason to be back in the national division, that 15k would be significantly less if we were in the north.

Squad now complete, name on the coach for Aldershot, league now has a sponsor....just need the team photo now and we're ready to go!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 10:23:28 PM »

People had similar feelings when Chuppa Chups sponsored Sheffield Wednesday........"Chuppa who" they said - "Never heard of them"

The whole of point of sponsorship is to raise the profile of the product or service isn't it ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 10:47:02 PM »

Whilst I get the point I think you're making we just have to go along with it whether it's gonna give us £15,000 or 15 pence and, as has already been said, it's better than nowt and more than we'd have got had we been in the North

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 07:13:00 AM »

Go to their homepage and check out the demographic of the "support team" and the "experts"

Www.vanarama.co.uk
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 09:02:50 AM »

Go to their homepage and check out the demographic of the "support team" and the "experts"

Www.vanarama.co.uk

Hmmmm! There's a few Liberals I know might be upset!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »

Has anyone any idea how much giving the league a tinpot name will mean in Cash terms per season for us? In other words, will it be worth it?
Whilst I get the point I think you're making we just have to go along with it whether it's gonna give us £15,000 or 15 pence and, as has already been said, it's better than nowt and more than we'd have got had we been in the North
£15K a year certainly is not to be sniffed at and if that's the amount we'll get, then that's fantastic. I just was curious and couldn't find the figures anywhere. Perhaps, too, there'll be a bit from BT for match coverage (even more if one of our games is chosen) so that's paid one player's wage for the season probably. What IS fantastic is that we, as a club, are not dependent on these things and are solvent and operating within our means. Long may it continue like that and a big pat on the back to all who contribute to making everything happen behind the scenes!

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 06:40:19 PM »

Www.vanarama.co.uk

Hmmmm! There's a few Liberals I know might be upset!

Not just Liberals!  However, keeping the males and females apart has kept the Islamic and right wing Christian groups happy.  www.jihadandjesus.com

The lady with the glasses doesn't need to wear them in my opinion, they look wrong and I'd swear they were plain glass.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »

We'll be infamous for fifteen minutes when we appear in the Vanarama.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vanarama conference