PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 agm cup thread 2011
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: agm cup thread 2011  (Read 5954 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: agm cup thread 2011
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »

I would imagine that if two teams go then BSBP might run with 22

To 'bugger about' with the make up of BSBP and BSBN (as both 'reprieved' teams would be from BSBN despite one of the expelled teams potentially being from BSBS) would possibly be both too much and would also make the Conference look quite silly and amateurish IMHO

The Conference don't need the AGM to do that- it wouldnt look so silly and amateurish if these teams weren't allowed to get into the state they are in by the powers that be
Spot on.
The Conference need to look at themselves.
Lots of clubs tring to live the dream.
Need to get in the real world, and stop all this cloud 9 rubbish.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »

I actually take the opposite view to this in that I think the Conference are one of the few leagues who take harsh action on clubs for financial irregularities.

Jacko

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »

Of there is the added element that a lot of clubs do there best to not make anything public, this is where a few stones may get turned over

Narcissist

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 08:14:59 PM »

To 'bugger about' with the make up of BSBP and BSBN (as both 'reprieved' teams would be from BSBN despite one of the expelled teams potentially being from BSBS) would possibly be both too much and would also make the Conference look quite silly and amateurish IMHO

Phil, if this was a one-off I'd possibly agree (amazing as it sounds). But this happens every season, the conf are well aware of what is likely to happen at the AGM. They should bring it forward in this case.

Also, completely agree with Ecky, it must frustrate them that the hard stance they've taken in the last few years is ignored again and again by some. One thing the conf has done is guarantee that all 24 clubs finish the season (just about). It would be truly farcical if the league starts with 24 and ends with 21 teams!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »

Phil, if this was a one-off I'd possibly agree (amazing as it sounds). But this happens every season, the conf are well aware of what is likely to happen at the AGM. They should bring it forward in this case.

Also, completely agree with Ecky, it must frustrate them that the hard stance they've taken in the last few years is ignored again and again by some. One thing the conf has done is guarantee that all 24 clubs finish the season (just about). It would be truly farcical if the league starts with 24 and ends with 21 teams!

That's why I reckon that, if two teams were expelled or resigned they'd run for one season with 22 teams

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 08:10:28 AM »

I don't think Southport would let that happen without a fight!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »

I don't think Southport would let that happen without a fight!!
They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. They've been relegated fair and square within the rules of the Conference.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 09:08:04 AM »

I'm no legal expert, but surely the precedent has been set (by us mostly) that if a team cannot play in the BSP next season, the highest placed relegated team stays up.
You may be right, though.

fuertes

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 09:21:03 AM »

Maybe it's just a gut reaction, but I really feel outhport deserve to stay up.

Certainly they'd be more worthy than R&D. "The programme-producers wanted payment in full which we cannot accept". Cannot accept? They just want their f**king money. Get out of the league.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 09:33:36 AM »

Id think all 22 side left in the conference would be seeking compensation aswel for the loss of income from two home games if the conference did decide to run with 22,i dont want to stay up now,i'll be happy enough for us to lord it over all the miners welfare clubs and leisure centres we visit to play matches next season

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »

I'm no legal expert, but surely the precedent has been set (by us mostly) that if a team cannot play in the BSP next season, the highest placed relegated team stays up.
The precedent has only ever saved one club in any given season, and that's because it would have left an odd number of clubs if it hadn't been done. If two were to go it could be a totally different ball game. I actually don't want to stay up next season - I'd rather watch Lee produce the "get up and stay up" squad he's spoken about. We could have a lot of enjoyment in sharing that with him.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 10:34:08 AM »

The precedent has only ever saved one club in any given season, and that's because it would have left an odd number of clubs if it hadn't been done. If two were to go it could be a totally different ball game. I actually don't want to stay up next season - I'd rather watch Lee produce the "get up and stay up" squad he's spoken about. We could have a lot of enjoyment in sharing that with him.

We were one of two teams reprieved in our first season back in the Conference, although that was the season they were expanding the league so they had to reprieve teams to allow that to happen.

I think it's unlikely we'll get saved this time around but not that unlikely: perhaps the reason we've not heard much on players yet is the club wants to be absolutely sure about what division we're playing in?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »

Id think all 22 side left in the conference would be seeking compensation aswel for the loss of income from two home games if the conference did decide to run with 22,i dont want to stay up now,i'll be happy enough for us to lord it over all the miners welfare clubs and leisure centres we visit to play matches next season
[/b]

I feel the same Pete.. after the dissapointment of 23 Apr 11 I am looking forward to a season where we can compete on a more level playing field

Narcissist

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 06:47:29 PM »

i'll be happy enough for us to lord it over all the miners welfare clubs and leisure centres we visit to play matches next season

Pete, I hope theres a touch of sarcasm in there. Is that not the sort of attitude that will see us finish mid-table having spent rainy nights in Ellesmere port watching alty get beat again because the players couldnt get up for it. The snack bar runs out of food and everyone drives home wet, hungry and depressed that we didnt beat a 'welfare club'. Having said that it does sound appealing.

I cant f&*king wait to get to a couple of games next season!

COME ON ALTY!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 agm cup thread 2011