PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 agm cup thread 2011
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: agm cup thread 2011  (Read 5955 times)

Jacko

agm cup thread 2011
« on: May 30, 2011, 12:42:18 PM »

Like it or not with rushden having no players and and no money to pay any we must accept the chances of another team going, its not clutching at straws as with this league anything can happen,  has it happened before?

Steve-o

Re: agm cup thread 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 12:45:19 PM »

Yawwwwwwwwwwn, sounds like a jacko post this

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »

What the hell are you on about? Which one are u in your picture?

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 01:06:47 PM »

I'd say there's probably an 80% chance of Rushden being kicked out (Conference won't want another Chester debacle if they can avoid it) but can't see any other teams being given the flick. Wrexham seem to have been taken over by the WST, Kidderminster are now miraculously signing players and sending Second XIs to preseason friendlies, Cambridge are losing money but have just about enough to carry on, Hayes and Yeading seem absolutely f**ked for the long-term but shouldn't face any problems at the AGM.

Nobody likes to be relegated but we have to treat it as a good opportunity to rebuild. Plus, let's face it, despite it being at a lower level it's nice to go to games in the expectation you might win rather than desperate hope.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »

Nobody likes to be relegated but we have to treat it as a good opportunity to rebuild. Plus, let's face it, despite it being at a lower level it's nice to go to games in the expectation you might win rather than desperate hope.

Agree with this.

We need to accept what's happened and get on with preparing for a promotion push next season.
Come on Alty!

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 01:18:30 PM »

Surely rushden are all but gone I can't see them staying in, like u say its not going to do us fans any favours having to watch us get dicked every game u could look at it that way but would it be great to give lee sinnot another pop at the bsp?

markecky

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 01:22:37 PM »

I think Lee would probably rather earn his chance though.

I don't believe there is any chance of a reprieve but I do believe that Southport will get one which is great news for us.

We need a rebuild job and for me laying those foundations in the BSN is the way to do it...its not nice but I feel its true.

Jacko

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »

I only posted this thread because rushden are all but gone,  we can't go assuming which league were gonna be in untill the agm surely!! Put it this way if bookies did odds on the agm they wouldn't be long on us staying up again, even though non of us want to

roytonmike

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »

I don't believe there is any chance of a reprieve but I do believe that Southport will get one which is great news for us.
Absolutely right, Mark; lightning is NOT going to strike in the same place four times as far as we are concerned - nor do we deserve it to do so - , but it is perfectly possible that 21st may avoid the drop again.

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 04:07:02 PM »

Well I suppose it would mean not having to wait as long to see are red and black cup shirts as we would start a lot earlier?

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 04:14:04 PM »

As much as jacko/flex loves to spark a debate, there is a valid point here. Is there a chance that the conf will reject H&Y's plans to relocate etc on the basis that they will not be able to prove they can fulfil the seasons fixtures?

Rushden already looking bleak?

So what would the BSP do if they kick out 2 clubs? Theyve already made it clear theyd rather have us than a spend-u-like glorified pub team about to hit the slide.

I dont want to raise hopes, I too like the idea of us rebuilding and coming back stronger than before in 1-3 seasons. I also hate the fact that a load of football fans will be gutted at our expense, its not a nice suprise for them at the AGM. And its not any one fans doing either.

Is it that far flung? When is the AGM?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »

I would imagine that if two teams go then BSBP might run with 22

To 'bugger about' with the make up of BSBP and BSBN (as both 'reprieved' teams would be from BSBN despite one of the expelled teams potentially being from BSBS) would possibly be both too much and would also make the Conference look quite silly and amateurish IMHO

Butty

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »

I would imagine that if two teams go then BSBP might run with 22

To 'bugger about' with the make up of BSBP and BSBN (as both 'reprieved' teams would be from BSBN despite one of the expelled teams potentially being from BSBS) would possibly be both too much and would also make the Conference look quite silly and amateurish IMHO

The Conference don't need the AGM to do that- it wouldnt look so silly and amateurish if these teams weren't allowed to get into the state they are in by the powers that be

Jacko

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 04:31:07 PM »

Surely the bsp needs as many teams as last year as the clubs need the cash from the games they will have budgeted for

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »

I think Lee would probably rather earn his chance though.

We need a rebuild job and for me laying those foundations in the BSN is the way to do it...its not nice but I feel its true.

Agree with this.

I feel it is best to rebuild with a new manager and team and earn promotion and if Southport are not in the league our chances are greatly increased.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 agm cup thread 2011