PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lost points from chester if they go
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lost points from chester if they go  (Read 4730 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lost points from chester if they go
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 09:55:12 PM »

I see £ signs in the eys of m'learned friends.

This is going to end up in a very very messy mess. Call for Messy McMess of Mess, Mess and Messy solicitors.

Alternatively.......there is always the famous Newcastle solicitors.....Haddaway & sh*te

Of course it makes sense to expunge the result and hence the goal difference too......wasn't thinking straight....confused with points deductions / ineligble player where just the points are lost
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 10:02:03 PM »

Rather difficult this one really.  Vaughan is a VAT fraudster amongst other things.  He is also the latest in a line of idiots who have run Jester City.  It's never nice to see a club fold totally, but for Jester fans they must surely beleive that the best they can now do is close, reform and start all over again.

In the words of the song (well almost)..."Vaughan free, as free as the wind blows, as free as the grass grows. Born free to follow your heart..."

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 12:41:38 AM »

In the words of the song (well almost)..."Vaughan free, as free as the wind blows, as free as the grass grows. Born free to follow your heart..."

Or as Queen put it "I sometimes wish I'd never been Vaughan at all".

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 08:52:09 AM »

Rather difficult this one really.  Vaughan is a VAT fraudster amongst other things.  He is also the latest in a line of idiots who have run Jester City.  It's never nice to see a club fold totally, but for Jester fans they must surely beleive that the best they can now do is close, reform and start all over again.

The fans seem remarkably cautious about going down the AFC Chester route. Can't understand it personally, the club is enduring a dreadful slow death, I think they should all up and leave. Vaughan can have a football club that literally no-one goes to watch, while a 'real' Chester can re-start from the bottom.

As a little add-on, it's important to remember that many of the teams with 3 points against Chester have only played them once. With Chester being so crap at the moment, most of those teams would go on to get another 3 points taking their total to 6. So, in short, we might not be too badly affected if Chester go tits up in relation to other teams at our end of the table - that's the top end by the way  ;D

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 09:09:56 AM »

Do you remember Department S's lead singer?

Vaughan Toulouse,   great name!!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 09:56:20 AM »

From the beginning of the 1988-89 season:

Alty 1 Newport County 0 - Gary Stewart Att: 1359 EXPUNGED!!

And Colin's first goal for three months EXPUNGED!!

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 10:14:28 AM »

What would happen if AFC Chester were formed...and then Chester City were saved by a true benefactor.....it'd be a mess.

I think Chester fans are sensibly waiting until the club is definetly and actually dead before reforming.

fuertes

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 12:01:41 PM »

What would happen if AFC Chester were formed...and then Chester City were saved by a true benefactor.....it'd be a mess.

I think Chester fans are sensibly waiting until the club is definetly and actually dead before reforming.

If the fans agreed to start from the bottom, and run a club that could be on an upward trajectory and command the respect of other football fans, then they'd bring this nonsense to an end. Vaughan isn't going to find anyone to save a club literally no-one watches.

Let's remember, Wimbledon never died. The fans were just proactive in rejecting the ownership and its ludicrous plans to move location, started from the bottom, and they're doing really well. I've got a lot of respect for them, and Chester fans would go up in my estimation were they to do something similar.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »

Betting has been suspended for the game tomorrow v Eastbourne.

They think it's all over!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »

"Vaughan to be Wild!"

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »

JD that is wittty  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]