PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aaron Chalmers turns Alty down
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Aaron Chalmers turns Alty down  (Read 5957 times)

baldrick

« on: July 30, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »

He probably wants to play for an unpronounceable Welsh village instead :(

joe

Re: Aaron Chalmers turns Alty down
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »

Just a guess but he probably wants more money than we're prepared to offer for someone that would be mainly sat on the bench. Will probably pitch up at FSCUM in the not too distant future.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »

Didn't his brother have an agent, makes you wonder?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 06:45:14 PM »

Aaron Chalmers also has an agent

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:08:03 PM »

maybe he knows he wouldnt get a regular game, 5 th choice cent mid

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 07:59:07 PM »

It would have ended in tears. Part-time agents, give me stregnth

Mrs Daycare

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:59:37 PM »

Just a guess but he probably wants more money than we're prepared to offer for someone that would be mainly sat on the bench. Will probably pitch up at FSCUM in the not too distant future.
You sound like a City fan, you're so bitter.
Seriously though what is Altys problem with FC? Surely as local non league teams we should be supporting each other, getting the kids to a real team they can watch every week with their mates instead of adding to the millions of all these clubs that don't need it. I always want you lot to do well (unless you're playing us!) and  I just don't get it.Maybe you are just a member of the ABU brigade!

joe

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »

You sound like a City fan, you're so bitter.
Seriously though what is Altys problem with FC? Surely as local non league teams we should be supporting each other, getting the kids to a real team they can watch every week with their mates instead of adding to the millions of all these clubs that don't need it. I always want you lot to do well (unless you're playing us!) and  I just don't get it.Maybe you are just a member of the ABU brigade!

It is a personal opinion and not that of Altrincham fans in general. I just can't stand everything about your plastic club,simple. Supporting each other? Are you having a giraffe?!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:32:53 PM by joe »

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 08:30:01 PM »

It is a personal opinion and not that of Altrincham fans in general. I just can't stand everything about your the plastic club,simple.

hmmm couldn't have agreed more.....why the hell should we be supporting a plastic club like Man Utd of Manchester Fc or whatever they're called....just coz they all support another club.

so I shall second those sentiments

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »

Isnt 'ABU' a term refering to manchester united? Is so what does it have to do with fcum? You people cant have it all ways up, you either support united or you dont,fcum are a manufactured nonleague franchise,if it wasnt just a money making excerise then they would have never accepted a promotion or entered a cup competition that generates prizes funds via tv revenue. 

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 09:16:42 PM »

Seriously though what is Altys problem with FC?

It's not just Alty fans though.Football fans in general just can't take your club seriously because you're all just United fans who go to FCUM games and sing songs about Manchester United players. It's one thing to have a second club but to go to support a team and sing about another is just beyond bizarre.

It also didn't endear your club to us when you stuck anti-Glazer stickers all over Moss Lane!
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »

The problem we specifically have with your nomadic club dates principally from the occasion of a visit to Moss Lane by a bona fide United XI. A number of YOUR supporters caused a great deal of trouble, and a little scumbag attacked one of our players. I was privileged to see The Busby Babes back in 1956, and served my time on the Stretford End in the days of Best, Law, and Charlton. I  lost interest years ago, and came back to my original roots (first game at Moss Lane was a defeat to the green and white enemy in 1953 !). If MY club went under tomorrow - and it's been a damned close call on more than one occasion - setting up a new club in their image simply wouldn't appeal. I suppose it would be like learning to love Virgin Cola (ugh !) if the real thing wasn't available.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:46:52 PM by taxi Phil »

York Alty

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 11:10:52 PM »

As a proud member of the Anybody But United union (and I mean united in all their guises) plaese please do not pretend to me that you are only a FSCUM fan! Plastic, made up club, just like MK Dons.  If either of your clubs were playing a Martian XI for the future of the planet I'd be wearing the Martain scarf (unless they played in green in which case I'd do without the scarf).

Most premier league clubs are merely brands with customers not fans, it's like supporting Tesco or Ford.  yuck.

The Red Baron

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 11:20:02 PM »

The problem we specifically have with your nomadic club dates principally from the occasion of a visit to Moss Lane by a bona fide United XI. A number of YOUR supporters caused a great deal of trouble, and a little scumbag attacked one of our players.

How did Aaron Chalmers turning us down turn into a debate on FSCUM  ;D

To be fair to them Phil, I'm pretty sure the incident you speak of involved idiots who support Man Utd, not FCUM.

My own personal problem with FCUM, however, dates back to when we actually did play FCUM in a friendly and a small group of their skinheaded hooligans attacked one of our young teenage fans, just because they couldn't cope with losing.

I may as well make it clear that I pretty much loathe both FCUM and Man Utd, but to reiterate my point, the game with FCUM and their idiots is in the past now, and the madness that ensued during last years pre-season was at the Man Utd game, where as last years game against FCUM was a quiet and subdued affair.

As for Aaron Chalmers... good riddance, we don't need him!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 12:23:26 AM »

This thread...

Arsed.

On both counts.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team