PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Beg steal and borrow
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beg steal and borrow  (Read 7572 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Beg steal and borrow
« on: October 13, 2015, 10:00:35 PM »

If this injury crisis is going to continue any length of time we need to get banging on league club doors and get some bodies in that they want to get out and get some game time. Really unfortunate circumstances, but we can't line up like we did tonight and have five kids on the bench and expect to get anything. Well done to the lads for rescuing the point, but if the prognosis is bad injury wise, we need to act, Clee was superb at left back but by god do we miss him further up the pitch.Grateful for the point being down to the absolute bare bones.

GB Alty

Re: Beg steal and borrow
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 10:27:04 PM »

If this injury crisis is going to continue any length of time we need to get banging on league club doors and get some bodies in that they want to get out and get some game time. Really unfortunate circumstances, but we can't line up like we did tonight and have five kids on the bench and expect to get anything. Well done to the lads for rescuing the point, but if the prognosis is bad injury wise, we need to act, Clee was superb at left back but by god do we miss him further up the pitch.Grateful for the point being down to the absolute bare bones.
Lee likes to run with a small squad Pete

Besides as we just discussed he doesn't know any players

The board need to back him or sack him now, as we discussed

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 10:31:22 PM »

Chester in the cup will hopefully prove a turning point if we can put out a  full team and subs , its been 21 long years since we beat a league team.Not expecting much at Gateshead.

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 10:33:38 PM »

You can't sack a manager with just 11 first team players at his disposal. I don't like some of the things that Lee has done this season, but I think we can all see he is completely hamstrung. It will probably mean going into debt, but I agree 100% with the first poster. The board need to bring at least 3 players in on loan, or we will be in deep trouble by the time players are back. That was a brilliant draw tonight btw - I expected a defeat.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »

You can't sack a manager with just 11 first team players at his disposal. I don't like some of the things that Lee has done this season, but I think we can all see he is completely hamstrung. It will probably mean going into debt, but I agree 100% with the first poster. The board need to bring at least 3 players in on loan, or we will be in deep trouble by the time players are back. That was a brilliant draw tonight btw - I expected a defeat.

A draw was  a good result in the circumstances

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 10:37:52 PM »

At least the four missing tonight sound like they'll be back for Saturday's game. 19 is too small, as has been seen this season. He doesn't need sacking, he needs more bodies. You'd want him sacked if we got in the football league. And if we are going to run with 18/19 we need a club ready to supply us with loanees in an emergency situation like tonight. We need to pray for a cup run to give us the financial clout to strengthen accordingly

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:42:32 PM »

At least the four missing tonight sound like they'll be back for Saturday's game. 19 is too small, as has been seen this season. He doesn't need sacking, he needs more bodies. You'd want him sacked if we got in the football league. And if we are going to run with 18/19 we need a club ready to supply us with loanees in an emergency situation like tonight. We need to pray for a cup run to give us the financial clout to strengthen accordingly

Central midfield is  a priority .

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 11:22:54 PM »

Moult Richman Sinnott and okeefe even parry can play there it certainly shouldn't be the priority position you not more worried that we played with 2 defenders
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:32:50 PM by Jimmy »

Mr Woolf

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 06:53:49 AM »

Chester in the cup will hopefully prove a turning point if we can put out a  full team and subs , its been 21 long years since we beat a league team.Not expecting much at Gateshead.

Chester are non league

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 08:05:43 AM »

Moult Richman Sinnott and okeefe even parry can play there it certainly shouldn't be the priority position you not more worried that we played with 2 defenders

Sinnott, O'Keefe and Parry (in midfield) are nowhere near good enough though - O'Keefe did ok considering he hasn't played for a while although he was up against a weak outfit.

I agree about the defenders and Parry needs to stay.

These injuries won't clear up though when we have to rush players back like Densmore. If you got anyone on loan they'd go straight in at the minute.

Doing nothing isn't an option though. Last night was worrying in the extreme.

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 08:20:44 AM »

Ballers I said it shouldn't be a priority rather than it isn't

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 08:59:48 AM »

20 league clubs within 30/40 miles of altrincham, all carrying top heavy squads. It must be worth investigating if any are willing benefit from players getting game time here when we are so stretched. We might not be able to pay wages in part or full, but we can use them in competitive matches and it benefits all three parties

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 09:45:04 AM »

The Chester game could make or break our season. Win it, and I think we will see some new faces. Lose, and I think we'll be stuck with what we've got unless someone comes in form lower down the leagues.

We do have a chunk of our budget taken away long-term (Coburn, Marshall and Griffiths). Last night we also missed Densmore, Griffin, Richman, Crowther and Parry. Then we had Clee and Rankine who weren't 100% fit. Out of those 10 players, I'd say 6 of them are 1st choice. Taking away half of any teams 1st choice XI and they will be weaker, regardless of how big or small the squad is.

Whilst a win is what we were after, a draw stopped the rot and 2 poor performances and results, and a last minute salvage could provide a physiological boost to the lads who were being questioned about team morale. Judging by the celebration of the goal, morale may be on the up.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »

20 league clubs within 30/40 miles of altrincham, all carrying top heavy squads. It must be worth investigating if any are willing benefit from players getting game time here when we are so stretched. We might not be able to pay wages in part or full, but we can use them in competitive matches and it benefits all three parties

Here here .. I have been saying that for years...  Kiddy (supposedly skint) have just got a handful of loanees from as far as Bournemouth ..

I am always of the opinion (rightly or wrongly) that we dont have a system in place to explore this avenue...

Running with a thin squad in my mind is unworkable when you get injuries plus it doesnt exactly put any pressure on players to strive to improve their performance when players pretty well know that selection is nigh on a definite...

Competition for places has to be an integral part of continued success.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 12:16:58 PM »

Historically there are one or two issues associated with loan players, particularly with us being part time.

Firstly do they train every day with their "home" club or twice a week with us - most won't do both, in fact I know of only two in comparatively recent times.

Secondly the cost. Some Clubs demand extortionate loan fees for players or that the "borrowers" pay either all or a significant part of their wages.

Thirdly, and this is sort of connected to my second point. A lot of Clubs, particularly if they are still paying the player will insist that their player play in every game even at the expense of a normal first team regular. I was talking to a guy from Kiddy last night and the two recent loans HAVE to play every game whilst they are there.

Fourthly will the Club loaning you the player allow them to play in the Cup and/or Trophy?  If not, and we got a player in on loan on Monday he would potentially not be able to play in at least two of the games in the first four weeks - would it be worth it?

I guess I'm just trying to identify that it's not as easy as it may seem.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Beg steal and borrow