PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are we that bad?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are we that bad?  (Read 5541 times)

York Alty

Re: Are we that bad?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 09:20:39 PM »

Hemel sums it up for me.  We can all think of a handful of points thrown away...just like every other team.

roytonmike

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 09:28:01 PM »

Hemel sums it up for me.  We can all think of a handful of points thrown away...just like every other team.
100% agree.

anglo alty

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 09:29:52 AM »

i can agree with the fact we do lose vital matches Harrogate at home stands out but we have won vital matches as well Brackley away came from behind. There are several teams in this league all of a similar standard us Hednesford Brackley  Telford and others who maybe should have done better Boston Stockport so to make the play offs is a major achievement to win them would be amazing. It could be worse we could be Worcester with no ground and not much prospect of one or Droylsden Conference Premier to oblivion. Whatever happens we aint that bad

Louise1234

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 05:26:23 PM »

We are the best footballing team in this league and we usually stroll past the majority of lightweight teams, but we really struggle against a certain type of team, a big, physical team who simply bully us out of the game. The match at Telford basically summed our difficulties up. It's a shame really, as Telford are terrible, but that's life i'm afraid!
If Telford are that bad why did they steamroller Altrincham like a truck on a caterpillar and why were Altrincham outplayed in their 1-1 draw earlier in the season?

brian1925

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 05:43:08 PM »

Telford were so one dimensional it hurt. We couldn't defend against the repeated predictable aerial threat. Telford will get relegated next season unless they improve significantly, it's not rocket science.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 05:50:31 PM »

We are the best footballing team in this league and we usually stroll past the majority of lightweight teams, but we really struggle against a certain type of team, a big, physical team who simply bully us out of the game. The match at Telford basically summed our difficulties up. It's a shame really, as Telford are terrible, but that's life i'm afraid!
If Telford are that bad why did they steamroller Altrincham like a truck on a caterpillar and why were Altrincham outplayed in their 1-1 draw earlier in the season?

In footballing terms I think he means. Telford are a very good side but they do have a direct brand of football that the current manager is well known for. Nothing wrong with that at all and I definitely wouldn't describe that team as "terrible", just different. They are extremely effective at out-musciling and closing down the more passing centred sides in the league and effectively stopping them playing (like they did to Altrincham). Deserved champions in the end.

Anyway, shouldn't you be out celebrating your league title rather than trawling through the Altrincham F.C message board?  :)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 05:53:06 PM »

In footballing terms I think he means. Telford are a very good side but they do have a direct brand of football that the current manager is well known for. Nothing wrong with that at all and I definitely wouldn't describe that team as "terrible", just different. They are extremely effective at out-musciling and closing down the more passing centred sides in the league and effectively stopping them playing (like they did to Altrincham). Deserved champions in the end.

Anyway, shouldn't you be out celebrating your league title rather than trawling through the Altrincham F.C message board?  :)
love it ... You coming for a drink to celebrate ? No I'm too busy trolling ha ha
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 06:43:46 PM »

Trust me. Trolling is far better than a night out in Telford ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 08:06:10 PM »

Trust me. Trolling is far better than a night out in Telford ;)
Standing on your head in a cesspit runs it close.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 08:43:59 PM »

To put it in context, we scored more goals than anyone else and only one side (Brackley) conceded fewer than we did.

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2014, 10:04:55 PM »

They are not that bad but that are the without dought the most anti football hoofball side iv had the misfortune to see this season
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Are we that bad?