https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bravo
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: bravo  (Read 6928 times)

dino

bravo
« on: November 22, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »

back four....very compact today.   macca and youngy outstanding,smiffy will take some dis lodging from RB, and rolffy may well cement his place.

what about DJ? ... getting better with every game and much stronger.just needs a goal at the lane.

no reason why we cant establish ourselves in top half..... when Elam hits form , we could be really on our way

andrewflynn

Re: bravo
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »

The thing is with Elam, would he be as effective starting a game, or coming off the bench? In my opinion, he is a player to come on in the last 25 minutes and run at a tired defence.

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »

Dino just to let you know we won your not suppose to post. As for been serious Youngy AND Macca fantastic as they were on tuesday night aswell. Is there a chance before Chrissy senior completely feels completely useless he does a Fantastic job for the Team but never gets to finish a game i really don't see the point in taking Chrissy off then bring lee on shorely its a bigger threat to oppositions to start with Chrissy and lee the if there Knackered take them off. Bring on The Rushden and lets get that 30pts k/od then lets push on and see what happens 40 pts before Christmas and its not impossible
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 11:04:12 PM by Jimbo Alty FC »

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 08:55:29 PM »

this is james black yeah?

kareoke alty

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 09:25:50 PM »

have to agree...great performance from the lads, great way to bounce back after the cup disappointment.

The point I want to make is about Chris Senior...don't get me wrong, i think he's a vital member of the squad, but cant help feeling that when he plays up front he struggles against stronger centre half's as a result of his size.  Is he not better when being utilised as a right sided midfielder, supporting Colin and Dale?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 09:28:59 PM »

have to agree...great performance from the lads, great way to bounce back after the cup disappointment.

The point I want to make is about Chris Senior...don't get me wrong, i think he's a vital member of the squad, but cant help feeling that when he plays up front he struggles against stronger centre half's as a result of his size.  Is he not better when being utilised as a right sided midfielder, supporting Colin and Dale?

He is fine upfront when the ball is played to his feet; the problem arises (as with Luton for the first hour) when the ball is played over the top to him.
ParkINson's red and white army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 12:09:21 AM »

I'll likely get hung or excommunicated or even transferred to Northwich but I feel that Colin may need a rest sometime soon.

He just looks to me to be not quite at his best - two chances today he'd normally have buried and he made wrong decisions re whether to come back on to his other foot or hit them first time. Also there were a few passes etc that didn't quite work out where he stood hands on hips moaning at teammates - not like Colin at all

Don't get me wrong I have nowt but admiration for what Colin has done and continues to do but maybe giving him a break will (a) Allow Chris and Dale the full games their performances have deserved with the associated boost in their confidence and (b) Let Colin recharge his batteries and come back stronger. After all the front end of the team is where we have the best strength in depth

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 10:02:13 AM »

back four....very compact today.   macca and youngy outstanding,smiffy will take some dis lodging from RB, and rolffy may well cement his place.

what about DJ? ... getting better with every game and much stronger.just needs a goal at the lane.

no reason why we cant establish ourselves in top half..... when Elam hits form , we could be really on our way

Were we back to a 4-4-2 rather than our 3-4-3?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 10:39:58 AM »

where he stood hands on hips moaning at teammates - not like Colin at all

Are you having a laugh Phil, that's our Col down to a tee.

jimbo

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »

altytunnellsteward yor post is crazy.quite clearly dale cant finish 90 mins.crissy works extremly hard which quite honestly he has to because on the ball he is not blessed with fantastic ability.if colin isnt quite at the races we dont have anyone to bring what he does,class.you were probably the one calling for his head last year.the team is doing fine every1 is playing there part .why rest any1.lets be happy.every1 is playing well

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 12:31:30 PM »

altytunnellsteward yor post is crazy.quite clearly dale cant finish 90 mins.crissy works extremly hard which quite honestly he has to because on the ball he is not blessed with fantastic ability.if colin isnt quite at the races we dont have anyone to bring what he does,class.you were probably the one calling for his head last year.the team is doing fine every1 is playing there part .why rest any1.lets be happy.every1 is playing well

You are James Black aren't you?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »

Hmm - interesting.

Is it written into Dales contract that he can't finish 90 minutes? If not, how do you come to this conclusion and can this be changed?

Chris is not blessed with fantastic ability on the ball - Have you been watching Alty for the past two seasons? Judging by this comment it seems not

I don't really expect you to get this but a rest occasionally can allow injuries and tiredness to be recovered from and extend a career

jimbo

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 01:04:12 PM »

i have been watching alty but a different one from you obviously.crissy isnt a regular starter in the last 2 seasons.he is doing fine but as iv said ,isnt fantastic on the ball.hes ok?his strengh is pace .we are not blessed with any1 else with pace.dale cant finish a game cos he isnt fit enough .are you blind?.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 01:15:19 PM »

No I'm not blind

Could I suggest that perhaps you learn that people are entitled to have different opinions to you without being insulted

Butty

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »

No I'm not blind

Could I suggest that perhaps you learn that people are entitled to have different opinions to you without being insulted

Could I also add to that request that a couple of punctuation marks(particularly commas) woulden't go amiss?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bravo