PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2009/10 Squad so far.....
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2009/10 Squad so far.....  (Read 5910 times)

markecky

Re: 2009/10 Squad so far.....
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 12:36:44 PM »

got to be honest and as stated dens and dale didnt do enough to get that move upwards.if they improve this season then maybe?lets hope so it will benifit us

Maybe I just think differently to everyone else on here then...

For me any other club would do..

"Robins delight as England C Star Signs".....Shaun Densmore has committed his future to Altrincham...the star, who was man on the match in the recent England game at oxfrd...beat off a host of other clubs..shows ambition that Altricham are keen to become an established conf side once again..great news going into the summer brea..etc etc

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »

Stuart Coburn
Matt Doughty
Mark McGregor
Greg Young
Robbie Lawton
Colin Little
Chris Denham
Dale Johnson
Anthony Danylyk
Chris Senior
Shaun Densmore
James Smith

see main site for more (im too lazy to c+p)

Duke, thats what my confusing text was about on wednesday night.

To say i'm delighted about keeping James Smith and Densmore is a bit of an understatement.

jimbo

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 05:09:38 PM »

my point being lads is the delay in them signing was them excerising there right to see if they could get a move,they were both out of contract so if any club was interested realistically all they had to do was sign them?no team has so they sign here.loyal servants?its football.every1 worried we might lose them during the season shudnt because if a club wont have them now for nowt then why would they pay in say 5-6 months.if under 24 compensation  can be claimed but dens has only been here one season?wouldnt be much .

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 06:25:59 PM »

my point being lads is the delay in them signing was them excerising there right to see if they could get a move,they were both out of contract so if any club was interested realistically all they had to do was sign them?no team has so they sign here.loyal servants?its football.every1 worried we might lose them during the season shudnt because if a club wont have them now for nowt then why would they pay in say 5-6 months.if under 24 compensation  can be claimed but dens has only been here one season?wouldnt be much .
The compensation scheme is there to protect teams who invest in developing young players. Densmore has been at the club less than 12 months. Why would Alty deserve any compensation?

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »

It's excellent news that the core of the squad have been signed for next season.
I'd be happy that those 12 could hold their own in this league but we obviously need to have some more depth in the squad and options on the bench.

I feel a bit sorry for the three players who have gone because they seemed very committed but I couldn't see any of them being more than squad players certainly not in the best 11.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »

Really happy at this.

Also even more delighted that it is acknowledged that GH wants to bring in a left sided player, 2 midfielders and a forward.

I did say 4 out and 6 in, so 3 out and 4 in is not bad really, on our budget we can have everything :-)

Also with Welch to come (please please please) and Acton as cover for stu I think we have it nicely sorted.

Surprised Denham has signed, it would seem that we or at least me got it wrong about him and he wanted to stay at ML. I am not one for shying away from things so I will offer my formal apology to Mr Chrissy Denham - lets hope with no injuries that he is fit and can show us what he did to us when at Droyslden (rip us apart).

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »

lets hope with no injuries that he is fit and can show us what he did to us when at Droyslden (rip us apart).

Agreed! We have certainly yet to see the best Chris Denham has to offer and I think next season could really be a big one for him and several others.

I for one am really excited about how far we might progress next season, especially with a settled looking squad who know each other well now.
Come on Alty!

Froz

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 11:24:12 AM »

all looking good so far, well happy we have kept the likes of young, johnson, danylyk, densmore and denham not forgetting of course little and Senior and the rest!!!!!

Just need 3-4 players to come in a la Danylyk last season and that will do us nicely!

radcliffe alty

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »

Surprised Denham has signed, it would seem that we or at least me got it wrong about him and he wanted to stay at ML

I think he'd have been mad to leave this summer, especially if he wants to stay part-time. We're the top part time team in the region, if not the country at the moment! Any North West based part time player who wants to play at as high a level as possible should be hammering GH's phone right now!

Alex

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 08:48:17 PM »

eastbourne are the best part time team in the country shirley?

Jacko

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 08:52:08 PM »

think a lot of players are throwing caution to the wind to be honest, with a lot of other teams set to slash wage budgets etc,

to relocate when u have family could be a bit too much of an unstable proposition surely,

have i just made a sensible post OMG :o ........beer immediately

Altyant

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 10:15:09 PM »

got to be honest and as stated dens and dale didnt do enough to get that move upwards.if they improve this season then maybe?lets hope so it will benifit us

"Robins delight as England C Star Signs".....Shaun Densmore has committed his future to Altrincham...the star, who was man on the match in the recent England game at oxfrd...beat off a host of other clubs..shows ambition that Altricham are keen to become an established conf side once again..great news going into the summer brea..etc etc

Not at all Ecky, I totally agree

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 11:35:42 PM »

Densmore staying is great news. 

I should have never doubted his loyalty, especially when he won the raffle at the second 'meet the new recruits' night and chose himself an Altrincham FC car pendant (when much better prizes were still available)

Just needs to avoid being sent off next season; although I think we will have to accept a least a suspension for 5 bookings and then get him to 'stick' when he reaches his ninth !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 11:50:08 PM »

I know what you mean, think maybe just on this one they want it to be 'run of the mill' news. i.e. DOn't have other clubs looking at it and thinking 'ooh wasn't aware there was any question of him wanting to leave, perhaps I'll have a chat with his agent (if he has one)' etc
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2009/10 Squad so far.....