PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2008-09 Expectations
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2008-09 Expectations  (Read 6124 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-09 Expectations
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 07:12:08 PM »

to watch a home game and finally see a win i missed the few games we won so maybe best if i miss all games :(
FFS

dopamine

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 07:18:11 PM »

FA Cup: laying to rest old scores season: 4QR Stalybridge 0 Alty 2, 1R Accrington 1 Alty 2, 2R Alty 4 Macc 1, 3R a money tie

Droylsden away in the third round then...

Bath Alty

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 10:36:13 PM »

FA Cup 1st round Bath City vs Alty.  I know you lot have miles to travel but I've been waiting for this for years and City never get into the national rounds of Cup or Trophy so it won't happen!

Alty365

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »

My expectations are to finish outside the bottom 4 and play some exciting attacking football, especially at home.

In fairness to GH I applaud him for bringing players of the calibre of Chris Denham to the club. This bodes well for the future and it's looking quite positive at the moment.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 02:48:27 PM »

Myexpectations -

cautious: improve on the "18th" of 2006.

Optimistic: anything Histon can do, we can do. Hopefully whaat is happening is the same as four years ago when Heathcote built a quality Conference North team on a budget, only this time a level higher.

The signs are good. Denham particularly is an example of what we should be doing, a qualty player who didn't fancy full-time football. With the debt gone and a clear pre-season to prepare for Conference football, this is our best chance for a long time.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 07:12:58 PM »

Roof on the away end new gates at the home end and a couple more stewards would be nice ;D ;D
But i would settle for 16th
@AltyDaz

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »

I've bet the lads at work Alty finish higher in BSP then Blackburn finish in the premiership
easy money i think?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 08:04:33 PM »

I've bet the lads at work Alty finish higher in BSP then Blackburn finish in the premiership
easy money i think?

How does that work with a differing number of teams in each league (unless you do it on a percentage basis)?

Don't think that's easy money either way, unless you think Blackburn will implode after the departure of the Sparky one. No real movement on the player front yet.

Good luck with the bet and I really hope you win as I think that will mean we have a great season.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 08:45:33 PM »

what we agreed on was 1-12 position nearest the top
12 down nearest the bottom
and with sparky gone and their best players wanting to leave
even the blackburn fans are very worried about next season

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 10:35:23 PM »

Sorry cornish robin..............but I think you better hold off from spending your winnings. Not easy money at all and I think you have got a very good chance of losing your bet.

I cannot see Blackburn occupying the bottom six next season, whereas a sixth from bottom finish for Alty is something I would settle for right now (and then build on this the next season).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:38:10 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Bath Alty

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 11:03:03 PM »

Most confident prediction of all.

Alty will get less than two home Setenata games next season so we won't get the larger payment of £13k per match.

Torquay will get at least four home games and giving them an extra £39k on us.

Stevenage and Oxford will also get at least two home matches for the extra cash irrespective of league positions.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 11:41:30 PM »

Most confident prediction of all.

Alty will get less than two home Setenata games next season so we won't get the larger payment of £13k per match.

Torquay will get at least four home games and giving them an extra £39k on us.

Stevenage and Oxford will also get at least two home matches for the extra cash irrespective of league positions.

I think some people are barking up the wrong tree about this. Setanta are a business, not a charity, the casual fan who really hasn't got anything better to do with his time and finds a Conference game live on the tv is far more likely to watch if Oxford/Wrexham/Torquay are playing than the likes of us, Histon etc. That's the unfortunate reality so we have to deal with the fact that the tv cut will just increase the gap between the haves and the have nots.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 12:00:14 AM »

I'm not convinced I'm that bothered about being on Setanta, ok it increases awareness but say we get Mansfield or Wrexham at home I think I'd rather see 2000+ in Moss Lane.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2008-09 Expectations