https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey

Poll

Sack him or back him?

Sack him
Back him

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jim Harvey  (Read 6131 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Jim Harvey
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »

Please dont menton 'management'  &  'young' in the same sentance

Eight of of our starting XI in Jim Harvey's 'brave new formation' at Alfreton yesterday were also in Neil Young's starting XI for the opening league fixture of the season against Darlington 1883.

Meanwhile, we still exhibit the recurrent inability to carry out basic defending and player recruitment has largely been woeful.

Frankly, we looked a better side under the aegis of Messrs. Densmore, Goodall and Moult.

Maybe an option if Harvey was to go. Can't see Dens ever playing anywhere near the same standard again if at all and it might keep Goodall off the pitch too!

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »

There's no point in sacking him. This season has to all intents and purposes already finished. If we get a reputation for sacking managers (the "new" guy would be our 5th in 8 months including Tolson) nobody worth their salt will be interested in the job. Personally I'd concentrate on making sure our finances allow us to put together a decent squad for next season. If Harvey somehow saves us, we keep him. If he doesn't we look for a manager who is young, well connected, and has been successful elsewhere. All a big ask, but these are desperate times.

Whilst I understand your point I can't accept that this season is already over. I just don't believe these players can't be a mid table team with the right guidance. And if that is the case then surely we could avoid relegation, albeit only just. If by some miracle we won 3 on the bounce we'd be right in there. To write off a season at this level in November would be suicide for years to come.

Surely we need to think now if this guy can turn this around?

For what it's worth I voted sack him. It's not because I think he can't, it's because I think he won't. Jim Harvey is a good manager at this level but I think momentum is one of the biggest factors in football. Sometimes you make changes that suddenly change momentum for the better. Football history is littered with success stories of momentum instigated by change in management. There's less examples of a manager suddenly finding that momentum after one win in 9 games.

I want to be clear that I don't think this is the managers fault, however I don't believe he can find the momentum to get us out of this. I do believe someone else could. And believe it or not despite the past year or so I do think the board could find the right person if they had the right brief for what the club needs.

Also, I'd be so so happy if Jim can prove me wrong and keep us up! I want him to succeed, ji really do.

Please don't write off our season just yet!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 06:31:30 PM »

Ive just read JH interview on the website and I must admit, his words did give me reason for optimism for the first time really.
From what he said, it was a good team performance ruined by a lack of concentration at the death.

It was good to see him say that the lads showed real fight... that is what will rescue our season...

Lets take this forward to next Saturday and progress in the Trophy.

Chrissy A

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 07:21:30 PM »

If and when Densmore does return I would like to think he has more than enough ability to make a difference to this side, even if he doesn't reach the levels he played to prior to his injury.  If the worst comes to worst however I don't think it would be a bad idea to get him involved with the coaching side of things until the end of season seeing as we are still paying him wages I presume.

With regards to JH, then hopefully yesterday's performance (result aside) is the start of an upturn in form otherwise it really is time to start to prepare for life in the league below with a new man in charge.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 07:30:56 PM »

Jim will be in post as long as he wants to be. The board won't change anything, but Jim may decide enough is enough if the team keep losing. His reputation will be tarnished the longer he stays in the job and does he really see himself as an Evo Stick manager? We have a chance of picking up some points while he plays the system yesterday with minimal changes in personnel, but we won't stay up. Way to far behind. If we lose the next 3 games, I reckon he should go.

arnald

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 07:49:15 PM »

Ile support the manager and chairman when we get out this sh*t for one season only then I want them both gone
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey