https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey

Poll

Sack him or back him?

Sack him
Back him

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jim Harvey  (Read 6130 times)

Teasierbeaver

Jim Harvey
« on: November 20, 2016, 09:31:24 AM »

I'm amazed that I'm posting this but after yesterday it seems we've got to question whether the manager is the right man to be in charge of the team given our circumstances?

I actually think we'd have more points on the board by now if Young had stayed! And no, I'd never want him back.

RMS Hale

Re: Jim Harvey
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:41:33 AM »

I would say the jury is out and a verdict is expected shortly

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 09:57:31 AM »

I would say the jury is out and a verdict is expected shortly
i think your right

the bigger issue would be who do you bring in ?
who would want to come in ?
would this cause move problems ?

The sad fact is that this cant continue
Come on you red and white........

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 10:00:16 AM »

Not a fan at the moment. A lot of simple things he is getting wrong. More recent a full back up front, playing 3 luxury players in Wilko, Miller and Lawrie, at most you will get away with two of those.

Speaks about defending but doesn't see that we need wide pacey strong players who can get back and assist the defence. Often the defence gets over run as Lawrie and Miller don't get back quick enough.

We really need a goalscorer and wide men for both wings or to tighten things up then play Cain ( yet to see him play but heard good things ) out wide left and Paterson out wide right as we know they would get back. Then have a mid of Richman, Moult then choose one of the luxury players as your number 10. We simply will be picked off by teams plaYong Wilko, Miller and Lawrie.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 10:05:59 AM »

I'd leave him in post till the end of the season because I wouldn't want whoever is going to manage us next season to be tainted by any association with what's happening this season.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 10:09:45 AM »

Yeah I agree, we can't change again and he has at least balanced the books much better. Just silly tactics and subs often made. We keep looking to find defensive players which I understand but let's look to find flair players and have teams thinking about us. I have only seen home games and we don't create many chances.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 10:23:04 AM »

Jury out verdict at the end of December

York Alty is back

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 11:18:44 AM »

Back him. Warts and all.

Next season may require a different approach, and a different boss.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 11:19:01 AM »

Was fully behind his appointment.

While I fully appreciate the complete dogs breakfast that was set before him and staggered at lack of progress and point we've amassed.

Didn't go yesterday but was glued to match updates. There was a collective groan in house when Goodall replaced McWilliams.  To find out this was a tactical change makes me question the manager.

So, for me the jury is out.

Full time and proud of it

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »

Jim's league record is now Played 9 Won 1  Lost 8. It's clear he's frustrated with the inability of some of the squad to follow instructions. That all but two of yesterday's starting XI were here before he was appointed doesn't speak volumes for his forays into the market thus far, particularly given it was one of the better performances of this awful season. There were signs of encouragement yesterday, but that's all they were. I'd give JH enough cash for another couple of players from our surplus and see how he goes until the end of the season. It's fast approaching the time where we need to protect what resources we have for next year to ensure we can make it back straight away.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 03:19:55 PM »

Would want to see more detail on how we might play, and who we miight sign.  I dont think funds are the limiting factor, but availability might be

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 03:42:58 PM »

There's no point in sacking him. This season has to all intents and purposes already finished. If we get a reputation for sacking managers (the "new" guy would be our 5th in 8 months including Tolson) nobody worth their salt will be interested in the job. Personally I'd concentrate on making sure our finances allow us to put together a decent squad for next season. If Harvey somehow saves us, we keep him. If he doesn't we look for a manager who is young, well connected, and has been successful elsewhere. All a big ask, but these are desperate times.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 04:33:44 PM »

Please dont menton 'management'  &  'young' in the same sentance
Full time and proud of it

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 04:40:27 PM »

There's no point in sacking him. This season has to all intents and purposes already finished. If we get a reputation for sacking managers (the "new" guy would be our 5th in 8 months including Tolson) nobody worth their salt will be interested in the job. Personally I'd concentrate on making sure our finances allow us to put together a decent squad for next season. If Harvey somehow saves us, we keep him. If he doesn't we look for a manager who is young, well connected, and has been successful elsewhere. All a big ask, but these are desperate times.

This.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 04:51:11 PM »

Please dont menton 'management'  &  'young' in the same sentance

Eight of of our starting XI in Jim Harvey's 'brave new formation' at Alfreton yesterday were also in Neil Young's starting XI for the opening league fixture of the season against Darlington 1883.

Meanwhile, we still exhibit the recurrent inability to carry out basic defending and player recruitment has largely been woeful.

Frankly, we looked a better side under the aegis of Messrs. Densmore, Goodall and Moult.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey