PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alfreton  (Read 6127 times)

Alty_best

Re: Alfreton
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 09:18:42 PM »

When we do go into football leauge the stewards will need to be paid

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »

I would like us to reach the highest level we as a club can sustain. I think this means Conference Premier - though survival at that level would be difficult to say the least. I have to confess that I don't appreciate the atmosphere at grounds at that level - being restricted to, or corralled into one part of the ground is not what I go to football matches for - so would probably watch less away matches than I currently do. For me as a spectator promotion is more of a penalty than a reward, but I do want to see the club reach one level higher than we currently are. I don't see the Football League as a viable proposition for Alty.

Really? I quite enjoy the segregation factor in a match. The atmosphere improves and games feel more important and more charged than unsegregated games. It's a much better experience in my opinion.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 11:46:27 PM »

Well quite. Me personally, I prefer being segregated at Cambridge rather than walking round Solihull Moors.  ::)

roytonmike

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 09:28:42 AM »

To each his own ...

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »

Promotion would cost a lot of money.
First you come under the fa guidelines and the Safety advisory group.
The ground would need working cctv
automatic turnstyle readers that keep the control update with how many in the ground.
The fa set the guidelines on how many stewards needed probably be around 30 per game
including a response team.
Police depends on catogary of the match.
A working control room for cctv that can all access the public address system for emergency
messages etc.
Plus more as it 3 years since i was asked to look into
@AltyDaz

eightiesrobin

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »

automatic turnstyle readers that keep the control update with how many in the ground.
The fa set the guidelines on how many stewards needed probably be around 30 per game
A working control room for cctv that can all access the public address system for emergency
messages etc.

Average home gate needed must be over 2000, surely?

Do you think that would be doable?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »

messages etc.

Average home gate needed must be over 2000, surely?

Do you think that would be doable?

I'd hope to increase our average home gate to playoff sort of attendances i.e around 1400-1600 ( e.g  Brackley). If we can get that for Conference North playoff semi's 1st leg and on a Tuesday night, then I hope we'd be able to get it hypothetically on a weekend in the football league. Maybe add 300 average for away fans then you'd probably be there or thereabouts. (average league 2 away following was 421 last season)

Obviously this is all guess work and based on absolutely nothing, and I doubt we'd even get into to the football league at all if I'm honest. Certainly not in the next 10-15 years anyway, but I suppose you never know in football.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »

I wouldn't turn my nose up at seeing Alty in the football league. It would be a proud moment indeed if it happened. However, I'd be happy just to see us get back to where we were 25/30 years ago, knocking league clubs out of the FA Cup for fun and going to Wembley every few years in the Trophy. When I was a young kid it was almost expected that runs in the cup/trophy would happen and they seemed to go hand in hand with high league positions. The financial rewards of cup runs are well known, but the exposure from winning high profile matches would bring in new supporters and potentially attract new sponsors that could help propel us to bigger and better things. None of this stuff happens overnight, but it is achievable if we can rekindle that never say die spirit that was such a huge part of our success in the 70's, 80's and part of the 90's. I'm not naive enough to think that spirit is everything. Some clubs simply have far more financial clout than others, but our playoff winning side in 2005 was living proof that belief and a sheer desire to succeed can make a team far greater than the sum of its parts.
Come on Alty!

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »

Indeed and the Community Centre is a great step forward in my eyes.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

eightiesrobin

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 10:42:47 PM »

Looking on the archive section of the club website, I see average home attendances from 1979.

I wonder if failing to get in the league in the 2 years as APL champions put a lot of fans off, as attendances dropped from 1900+ and 1700+ in those two years, to just over 1000 for the next 5 years. Bear in mind some of these low-attendance years saw some big FA cup and Trophy runs.

Interestingly, the year following John King's (first) departure saw an average home attendance of 1466, which dropped just a little to 1349 the following year (Tommy Doc!) I seem to remember, certainly in 86-87, that there was some deal where children got in free. Anyone confirm this? Apart from the "nearly" season of 90-91, attendances have hovered around 1000 for conference, less for the tier below.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton