PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alfreton  (Read 6128 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Alfreton
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:44:38 PM »

After winning away at Cambridge tonight, I've decided, if they make it in to the football league then I'm giving up football for good.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »

full time ,part time or a bit of both ? had 31 fans at cambridge tonight

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 10:01:50 PM »

If I see yet another one of these outfits that's spent 100 years below us leapfrog us into the football league I'll crack

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 10:06:08 PM »

Have they got a wealthy backer or have they just had a great season?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 10:29:09 PM »

Couple of questions....

Would you like to see Alty in the football league?

Personally, I would just love us to get back into the Conf premier and be able to sustain our standing in it. I loved watching Alty when the away end had plenty of visiting fans in it, and listen to the banter etc.

Do you think the powers that be at Alty would like the club to be in the football league

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »

Couple of questions....

Personally, I would just love us to get back into the Conf premier and be able to sustain our standing in it. I loved watching Alty when the away end had plenty of visiting fans in it, and listen to the banter etc.

Yep, that is one of the things I miss most about the national division. Too many games feel like friendlies in the Conference North.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 03:25:58 PM »

as the cote prophetically said; "utopia would be top 5 in the conference and a good cup and trophy run every year"

then we can dream of football league...the conference seems a long way off.

but yes I'd like to see us finally make it into the football league for big games Vs accy and alfreton.....and probably brackley and n ferriby!!!

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »

as the cote prophetically said; "utopia would be top 5 in the conference and a good cup and trophy run every year"

then we can dream of football league...the conference seems a long way off.

but yes I'd like to see us finally make it into the football league for big games Vs accy and alfreton.....and probably brackley and n ferriby!!!

Nightmare scenario: to finally get into the football league and end up playing all the tin pot clubs we've been trying to get away from!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 04:36:40 PM »

Trust me playing accrington et al would be a dream compared to some of the roped off pitches behind sports centres we are having to play at these days.....

roytonmike

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »

I would like us to reach the highest level we as a club can sustain. I think this means Conference Premier - though survival at that level would be difficult to say the least. I have to confess that I don't appreciate the atmosphere at grounds at that level - being restricted to, or corralled into one part of the ground is not what I go to football matches for - so would probably watch less away matches than I currently do. For me as a spectator promotion is more of a penalty than a reward, but I do want to see the club reach one level higher than we currently are. I don't see the Football League as a viable proposition for Alty.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »

Neither off these things are important and shouldn't even enter our thinking.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 08:20:41 PM »

- being restricted to, or corralled into one part of the ground is not what I go to football matches for -

If you can get in to start off with you could go for a walk beforehand?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 08:46:23 PM »

Neither off these things are important and shouldn't even enter our thinking.

well if they are part time it is important as it shows what can be done even if still part time

eightiesrobin

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 09:01:34 PM »

I would like us to reach the highest level we as a club can sustain. I think this means Conference Premier - though survival at that level would be difficult to say the least. I have to confess that I don't appreciate the atmosphere at grounds at that level - being restricted to, or corralled into one part of the ground is not what I go to football matches for - so would probably watch less away matches than I currently do. For me as a spectator promotion is more of a penalty than a reward, but I do want to see the club reach one level higher than we currently are. I don't see the Football League as a viable proposition for Alty.

Serious question as I'm not familiar with the "numbers". I'm guessing that FL status would bring requirements for higher staff wages, ground improvements and increased stewarding. What other areas would need increased spending? What sort of average home attendance would be required to "break even" as it were? 

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 09:10:51 PM »

My understanding is that the ground is of football league standard and I am not sure what wage increases - other than to playing /coaching staff - would be that significant as so many are volunteers.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton