PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Independent view on yesterday with a few photos
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Independent view on yesterday with a few photos  (Read 6115 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Independent view on yesterday with a few photos
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »

I think a slight correction is needed here. Dennis is a pleasant person outside of a football setting, and even in a football setting if his team wins. When they don't, mayhem.

Unfortunately I've witnessed Dennis being totally obnoxious and unpleasant to opposition fans even after we've won games in the past.

Correct, alas.

And the opposing side is invariably "the dirtiest team" that he's ever seen at Moss Lane.

Mind you, against Vauxhall Motors the other Saturday, he certainly had a point....!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »

I think a slight correction is needed here. Dennis is a pleasant person outside of a football setting, and even in a football setting if his team wins. When they don't, mayhem.

Unfortunately I've witnessed Dennis being totally obnoxious and unpleasant to opposition fans even after we've won games in the past.

Fair enough, he always seems very pleasant after games we have won when he has spoken to me. The same can not be said after defeat though sadly. Anyway, I agree with the general sentiment.

We can ban him from the ground surely, and is there no way he could be banned from the supporters coach? Or would he have to cause trouble on that first?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 06:32:35 PM »

is there no way he could be banned from the supporters coach? Or would he have to cause trouble on that first?

I suppose that would ultimately be a matter for TASC to decide upon as it is they who run the away travel service. It's a delicate matter that would have to be handled very carefully if it were to happen.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 06:36:55 PM »

Unfortunately his behaviour on the coach is exemplary.

Sorry to criticise but we can't expect away stewards to do anything when ours don't.  He was allowed to threaten the lads collecting with the buckets at the last home game and nothing was done.

Maybe we are waiting for an assault...

bumble

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 06:57:39 PM »

The club banning him from Moss Lane will solve the problem of home games.
For away games, there's nothing the club or anyone on here can do apart from trying to reason with him.

Erm Banning order?

You can ban him from being within X miles of wherever Altrincham are playing

I'll edit my point....

Erm we could apply for a banning order

That or tell him the game is off every week/ tell him we're away from home when playing at moss lane (and vice versa when away)
 :D

Ah yes, I just looked up banning orders on the home office website and it says this:

"Banning orders are issued by the courts following a conviction of a football-related offence, or after a complaint by the Crown Prosecution Service or a local police force or the Alty fans forum. For an order to be issued, it must be proved that the accused person has caused or contributed to football-related violence or disorder and that an order will prevent them from misbehaving further."

I made up part of that quote.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 07:14:58 PM »

Surely the club are aware of the situation and should put a steward near him, when he offends he is warned then if he does it again he is ejected from the ground.

At the Vauxhall game our steward warned a guy in the directors box about swearing so it should be the same for our supporters.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 08:07:32 PM »

Last season they were warned and one was ejected i pushed to have them banned but got nowhere as others on here
sent in emails to complain but to no avail. One of the reason i gave it all up is the club always see the £££ signs first.

Banning orders are a waste of space unless you have police football intelligence officers at your game you won't know there banned
@AltyDaz

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 08:49:25 PM »

Medication, whoooaoh medication, medication, that's what he needs.......
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »

Medication, whoooaoh medication, medication, that's what he needs.......

Would that be transcendental medication ? He does appear to exist for the duration of our matches in some kind of paralell universe to which the rest of us don't have access.......

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 10:36:31 PM »

Last season they were warned and one was ejected i pushed to have them banned but got nowhere as others on here
sent in emails to complain but to no avail. One of the reason i gave it all up is the club always see the £££ signs first.

Banning orders are a waste of space unless you have police football intelligence officers at your game you won't know there banned

Darren is refering to David Birch in the first sentence of his post - I was the individual who emailed the club about him - I actually apprehended David in order that the stewards could eject him on that occassion.

Sadly I have never received acknowledgement of my email to this day.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »

Darren is refering to David Birch in the first sentence of his post - I was the individual who emailed the club about him - I actually apprehended David in order that the stewards could eject him on that occassion.

I remember that, Ray. I also complained about him that day as he came up to me and was very aggressive, poking me in the chest etc and my younger cousin I had brought to the game was very frightened by him. 

I also complained to the stewards but at least he has not been back since then (at least, I've not seen him)

RE the other Birch...it is no excuse for me that he is a nice chap outside of football. All that says to me is that he has the capacity to act normal and really should no better.

I can't stand them! As Dennis would say...

COOOOMMMMEEEE OOOONNNN!!!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 10:44:20 PM »

Unfortunately his behaviour on the coach is exemplary.

Sorry to criticise but we can't expect away stewards to do anything when ours don't.  He was allowed to threaten the lads collecting with the buckets at the last home game and nothing was done.

Maybe we are waiting for an assault...

As a popular side frequenter Dennis did abuse Dan and his mates who do a great job with the buckets at HT - Dennis was giving them a hard time about asking pensioners for donations etc. In fairness Mark did have a quiet word with him to explain that donating was an option and not a compulsory exercise.

The lads dont single out individuals for donations they just walk through the stand - Dennis just doesn't seem to grasp the concept of donations. - Ask yourself, would he berate a veteran in the street who was selling Poppies?  I'd  like to think not..

bighairedmike

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 11:14:30 PM »

I remember that, Ray. I also complained about him that day as he came up to me and was very aggressive, poking me in the chest etc and my younger cousin I had brought to the game was very frightened by him. 

I also complained to the stewards but at least he has not been back since then (at least, I've not seen him)

RE the other Birch...it is no excuse for me that he is a nice chap outside of football. All that says to me is that he has the capacity to act normal and really should no better.

I can't stand them! As Dennis would say...

COOOOMMMMEEEE OOOONNNN!!!

He has been a regular most of this season. He has taken to frequenting the Golf Road End now and being just as disgusting there as he was down the pop side.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 12:09:13 AM »

If someone behaved like that in a pub, they would be barred (if they hadn't had seven bells kicked out of them before that).

I do think something should have been done about them and I am suprised and a little saddened that the club did not respond to an email complaint.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 08:53:51 AM »

If someone behaved like that in a pub, they would be barred (if they hadn't had seven bells kicked out of them before that).

I do think something should have been done about them and I am suprised and a little saddened that the club did not respond to an email complaint.
I also complained by email at the same time as Ray. I sent a follow up as well. Neither was acknowledged, which is very disappointing.

I suspect it will take somebody to chin one of them (hopefully at an away game) to bring matters to a head.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Independent view on yesterday with a few photos