PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its time to close ranks...............
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Its time to close ranks...............  (Read 7238 times)

lukealty12

Re: Its time to close ranks...............
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 12:28:17 PM »

Acko
Lane
Munroe
Tinno
Sedge

O'neill
Lawton
Whalley
Peyton

Logan 
Little

Logan as cenrte forward might suit him i think its got to be worth a try, we cant get much worse.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 12:32:57 PM »

shaleum is a left bac carlos should just be left.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 01:00:14 PM »

Logan might not be the wonder kid we were hoping for but I still rate him as the most dangerous player behind Senior, you can tell his confidence has gone a bit, and who can blame him. Play him for at least 5 straight games so he can find his feet again.
When the balls gets to Logan the rest of the team seem to stop and show no support to him, he tears down into the corner, all that is needed is for someone to follow behind ready for the back pass and then cross. He is one of very few prones of attack we have and we need to make the most of him.

Longman

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »

Logan might not be the wonder kid we were hoping for but I still rate him as the most dangerous player behind Senior, you can tell his confidence has gone a bit, and who can blame him. Play him for at least 5 straight games so he can find his feet again.
When the balls gets to Logan the rest of the team seem to stop and show no support to him, he tears down into the corner, all that is needed is for someone to follow behind ready for the back pass and then cross. He is one of very few prones of attack we have and we need to make the most of him.

I agree with this, apart from Senior he is our only player capable of beating a man, he's also our only other player with any real pace, something which we lack badly!  He may not be the complete article, but he is the kind of player that will give things a go and will win corners / drive us into the opposition 3rd etc etc.  I agree he needs more support though, there were numerous times against the green slime that he would penetrate forward and no Alty player would be near him and we invairably lost the ball after being outnumbered!  However this may also be down to the fact that he has a tendency to put his head down and run into blind alleys, even so he needs to be played these next few games, especially as Senior will be missing!

Hodgey

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 03:15:57 PM »

I agree with this, apart from Senior he is our only player capable of beating a man, he's also our only other player with any real pace, something which we lack badly!  He may not be the complete article, but he is the kind of player that will give things a go and will win corners / drive us into the opposition 3rd etc etc.  I agree he needs more support though, there were numerous times against the green slime that he would penetrate forward and no Alty player would be near him and we invairably lost the ball after being outnumbered!  However this may also be down to the fact that he has a tendency to put his head down and run into blind alleys, even so he needs to be played these next few games, especially as Senior will be missing!

I agree give Logan a run, he has the ability but now lacks any confidence. But id play him down the middle at centre forward and see how it works while Senior is suspended.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »

mmmm logan up front, that could be interesting.

louise1925

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 03:37:21 PM »

D'you know, Logan up front might not be such a bad idea.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 04:01:11 PM »

I think Logan would be a danger up front, give it a go and I agree with the point that when he gets the ball no-one looks to help in!!! stick with him and he will shut a few people up. Stick him up front, we need the skill and pace !!!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 04:07:48 PM »

Acton for me should start. Thats about the only choice you have to make in personnel.

Playing Logan as a striker is interesting, but  would it stop us hoofing the ball?  I hope so.

I also pray that Lawton is not wasted out wide on  the right, he must play centre mid.
Full time and proud of it

starjammer

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 04:14:20 PM »

I agree give Logan a run, he has the ability but now lacks any confidence. But id play him down the middle at centre forward and see how it works while Senior is suspended.

Totally agree with the above and am mystified why many on here give Logan such a hard time. 
" I agree he needs more support though, there were numerous times against the green slime that he would penetrate forward and no Alty player would be near him"
Yet again whenever he got in a position to cross there was literally not one of our players in a position to receive the ball. It staggers me that anyone here can criticize his final ball when our players can't even be bothered to get in the box and if they can can't be arsed or don't know how to lose their marker - I'd gladly sit down with any of you with a DVD of the game so you can point out to me exactly who was in a position to receive the ball on the occassions that Logan got in a position to cross.
To add insult to injury when he got himself into a corner (second half) not one Alty player offered himself for the pass back.

Logan's confidence has taken a knock and I don't see how the uninformed slating (IMO)  he gets on here helps.

Clearly some see the game differently, but I've made this point before and will make it again
As a team we have no idea about running off the ball. There may be a fitness issue, but I'm now thinking it's a total lack of guile, and knowing how to read the game. I've watched football for years and have never seen a team consistently fail to get players in the box when a team mate is in a position to cross - I find it totally staggering! And then the one player we have that can beat a man and get a cross in gets slated for not having a 'final product' Unbefrickinlievable!  ::)

I now don't think it makes any difference if Logan plays or not - we could have Sean Wright-Phillips on the wing - it would make no difference because the way we play or should I say 'don't play' as a team, makes any positive contribution from Logan worthless.

Lew Needham

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »

Totally agree.

The support shown to Logan when he had the ball by other players was non existant.

Also we don't get enough players in the box there should always be a late arriving midfielder in the box but it never happens!!

Logan put two balls in at the end, they weren't good, but they caused a bit of a problem as the ball was bobbling but there wasn't an alty player there to take advantage of any mistakes!!

The majority of the team never take risks and play with a pessimistic attitude apart from Senior, Lawton and Logan who like to run at people and have a go!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 05:07:50 PM »

sound slike a good team, interestiing sedge and tinno partnership, could be a good one, who knows? Personally I think we could use a 4-3-3 with
lane 
tinno
sedge(as u sed)
peyton

mid
whalley (last chance)
lawton
logan

o niell
little
macfadden

u can insult my english

at least i can count since when does a football team have twelve players

and where the f**k is senior mcfadden sud f**k off to witton or marine hes sh*t

hugeshy m8 agree with ur selection apart from no senior

if it wasn't for him we'd of scored f**k all on wednesday

Post of the century this!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »

sound slike a good team, interestiing sedge and tinno partnership, could be a good one, who knows? Personally I think we could use a 4-3-3 with
lane 
tinno
sedge(as u sed)
peyton

mid
whalley (last chance)
lawton
logan

o niell
little
macfadden

u can insult my english

at least i can count since when does a football team have twelve players

and where the f**k is senior mcfadden sud f**k off to witton or marine hes sh*t

hugeshy m8 agree with ur selection apart from no senior

if it wasn't for him we'd of scored f**k all on wednesday

Post of the century this!

Is this James' best yet? There has to be a top 10 James Blackisls in here somewhere.

Meanwhile, a couple of very interesting ideas on this thread:

Would Sedge & Tinno be a bit slow at centre half together?
Is Logan a good enough finisher to play up front (he had a couple of shots off target against Vics)?
If Logan did play up front, could it be as part of a 3 a la Rooney/Tevez/Ronaldo for Man U, then we could have 3 centre midfielders in centre mid (3 of Lawton/Whalley/Sedge/Peyton for instance).

lukealty12

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2007, 06:11:38 PM »

Nice to see us all agreeing on something ;D

Jacko

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 06:21:42 PM »

i can't handle it!!! ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its time to close ranks...............