News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goodwin addresses the fans...

Author Topic: Goodwin addresses the fans...  (Read 1100 times)

Hodgey

« on: January 13, 2008, 08:39:17 PM »

MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN

The following is a message from Geoff Goodwin to all supporters of Altrincham Football Club.
In recent days I have been quite upset by some of the comments placed on the Fans Forum, particularly those relating to the perceived response of the Altrincham Football Club Board to the verbal altercation between the manager & a supporter during Tuesday’s victory over Kidderminster Harriers. Whatever that response is or isn’t, we will not be releasing a statement as it would be wholly inappropriate to do so & therefore to request an official statement regarding this subject is not helpful.

We have got a lot to feel positive about at present. Six points out of nine represents a superb start to the year…..a lot better than we could realistically have expected & we are out of the relegation zone for the first time this season. As I have been on holiday, Tuesday was my first chance to see the new players that we have got & I was really impressed. The announcement on Wednesday that we have brought Graham Barrow in as Assistant Manager is a real coup for us……..this represents a very high quality appointment in my view.

Both Graham Heathcote & I really do appreciate the support that is given by you the Alty fans. Your support at Moss Lane & away from home has been incredible, particularly as during the first half of the season we have just not been good enough in too many matches. There will always be dissenters of course, you only have to listen to the 606 programme on Five Live to hear Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea & Liverpool fans slagging off their team & manager after a poor performance but some individuals do not seem to give either the team or the manager a chance. I have heard criticisms inside the first minute of games at Moss Lane this season & I cannot see how that helps anyone…I really can’t.

You may disagree with the team selection, tactics, pattern of play or anything else but the responsibility for keeping Altrincham Football Club in the Blue Square Premier sits firmly with the manager & each member of the Board is 100% of the opinion that Graham Heathcote is the best man for the job at this time & I am convinced that he will keep Altrincham Football Club out of the relegation zone come April 26th.

The vast majority of our fans are right behind the team & the Board really do appreciate this, particularly throughout the difficult times & hopefully we can now push on with everyone’s backing.

Yours Sincerely
Geoff

Chairman Geoff Goodwin has also invited anyone who wishes to discuss the direction of the club with him or manager Graham Heathcote to do so, face to face, on Tuesday evening at the match against the Thailand national team. (but just dont disagree or else)

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team