PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aaron Burns
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Aaron Burns  (Read 9247 times)

matnvfcmad

Aaron Burns
« on: January 06, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »

New Northwich Striker Aaron Burns has revealed he has turned down a Premier League Club in order to kick start his career with the Blue Square Premier strugglers. The 20 year old sizzling form for FC Utd (8 goals in 14 appearances) had brought him to the attention of several clubs. But it was the lure of regular football that convinced him to sign for Vics. Burns said there was a lot of interest from teams in the football league and I was also offered a trial by Portsmouth.But I've had a lot of trials after I was released by Manchester United and they don't always mean anything. It's along way to travel to say I'm not what they're looking for and even if I'd signed they'd be not guarantee that I' play. Just look at the strikers they have got there already.
I just want to play regular football. Droylsden and Altrincham were quite interested but I think the set up is a little more professional here. Northwich train three mornings a week as opposed to two evenings a week at other clubs.

in your face alty and droylesden haha :)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron Burns
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 04:54:40 PM »

what a clown  ???

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »

More professional my arse!

Full time and proud of it

JT

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »

Well by the looks of the BSP table, those 3 mornings a week are really paying off in comparison to our 2 evenings a week arent they?!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »

New Northwich Striker Aaron Burns has revealed he has turned down a Premier League Club in order to kick start his career with the Blue Square Premier strugglers. The 20 year old sizzling form for FC Utd (8 goals in 14 appearances) had brought him to the attention of several clubs. But it was the lure of regular football that convinced him to sign for Vics. Burns said there was a lot of interest from teams in the football league and I was also offered a trial by Portsmouth.But I've had a lot of trials after I was released by Manchester United and they don't always mean anything. It's along way to travel to say I'm not what they're looking for and even if I'd signed they'd be not guarantee that I' play. Just look at the strikers they have got there already.
I just want to play regular football. Droylsden and Altrincham were quite interested but I think the set up is a little more professional here. Northwich train three mornings a week as opposed to two evenings a week at other clubs.

Professional probably didn't get chance to read this

Today's NLP's front page, full story on page 5.

Dino Maamria could be hauled before the PFA to explain his treatment of banished Northwich star CW, KT and PT. The trio branded bad influences were booted out on full pay after Novembers FA Cup defeat to Oxford. The Vics boss accused them of sitting on their back sides picking up money while refusing to look for new clubs. But Williams has sensationally hit back by taking his case to the PFA, blasting Maamria and accusing him of banning him from the training ground and threatening him with the sack if he returned, failing to pay his wages for eight weeks, rejecting advances from Conference Clubs in an attempt to force him down the Pyramid.
People are looking at me and thinking I'm in it for the money but that's just not the case.
I'd love to play for Northwich again but he said as long as he is manager it will never happen. It all stemmed from the Oxford match, the next day we were all hauled into his office individually and he asked me what I wanted to do in January. I said I was happy at Northwich and would give 100% until the end of the season but if a bigger Club came in I'd like to speak to them. I went in on the Tuesday and he gave me a load of verbal abuse for not wanting to sign a new contract. He said stay away from the club or you're sacked, your attitude is wrong and I don't want you near my players. Since then Williams insists he hasn't been paid a penny and is convinced the manager is trying to wreck his career. He told me the only way you'll go is down and I'll make sure of it, since then five clubs have tried to sign me and he's said no to everyone. They also said I was going to get paid before Christmas but I didn't, then they said I had to drive to the Chairman's Go-Kart track in Bolton to pick up my wages, that's not on.
The manager strenuously denies the accusation insisting that Williams attitude is to blame. Chris wasn't pulling his weight, in the end I had to make a decision and after the Oxford game I told him it would be better if he went else where. I guarantee no Conference Club enquired about him, Stalybridge wanted him on a month loan but I refused in case we got firm offers in January. Then his agent rang me before Christmas and said he wanted to train with Altrincham but we had them Boxing Day and New Years Day and obviously couldn't let him go there.
He also mentioned Droylsden so I said if Dave Pace wanted Chris he should give me a call but I heard nothing. I'm not trying to stop him playing but it does me no good to keep him at the club and pay him wages.
@AltyDaz

Tom N.V.F.C

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 05:15:45 PM »

we are we do 1 more training session than you,only joking ;)

matnvfcmad

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 05:18:06 PM »

alty were after chris williams you can have dino has every right to sack them 3 they were useless

Altyant

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »

alty were after chris williams you can have dino has every right to sack them 3 they were useless

Your current lot arent too much better!!

matnvfcmad

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 05:23:12 PM »

that current lot beat your side on boxing day and werent far away of getting a point on NYD wot happened to your lot yesterday 4-0 against oxford at least we put up a fight against league leaders aldershot

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 05:26:34 PM »

I seem to remember you lot raving about CHris Williams, best thing since sliced bread and all that, real boost to your conference north promotion push etc.

Also, he's still one of your top scoreers.

Personally I'd be more worried that the likes of Michael Carr are putting in written transfer requests because they cannot stand Maamria.

Tom N.V.F.C

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 05:30:11 PM »

I seem to remember you lot raving about CHris Williams, best thing since sliced bread and all that, real boost to your conference north promotion push etc.

Also, he's still one of your top scoreers.

Personally I'd be more worried that the likes of Michael Carr are putting in written transfer requests because they cannot stand Maamria.
Dont foget Paul Tait he's still our joint top goal scorer  :D anyway i think we have got a suitable replacement in Byrom scored a cracking Volley on his first game for the club, Chris Williams was a fantastic player when we came up from the Conference North but after his injury and was out for most of last season he seems to have lost his form, good luck to the lad where ever he ends up

Dougals Dad

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »

Northwich train three mornings a week as opposed to two evenings a week at other clubs.

Do the Northwich part timers not work then if they can take off 3 mornings a week to train?

lukealty12

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »

that current lot beat your side on boxing day and werent far away of getting a point on NYD wot happened to your lot yesterday 4-0 against oxford at least we put up a fight against league leaders aldershot

I think you'll find we also put up a good fight against aldershot

bigcol

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 06:15:42 PM »

Ref aaron burns: god someone likes the sound of their own pr don't they?

Who in their right mind would turn down the money and exposure that signing for a prem team would bring? Even if he never got a game the experience alone would have been invaluable.

And then to sign for a team likely to be relegated from the conference? What utter utter rubbish.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 06:31:37 PM »

your a team also going to go down aswell mate
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aaron Burns