PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD  (Read 26833 times)

VofD

Re: Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2015, 10:38:30 PM »

For us it was our 7 versus Kiddy's 11 :
Sinnott,Bowerman,O'Keefe and Lawrie ( in no particular order) were absolutely awful. Plus the fact that Clee and Rankine were not 100% gave us little hope of winning. But that said, our starting 11 should still have beaten Kiddy who were very, very poor and looked like a team who hadn't won in 21 league games.Dim and Dimmer just did not have a clue how to change the play. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:42:53 PM by VofD »

eightiesrobin

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2015, 10:40:09 PM »

I don't really know what to make of tonight. To be sure, I am happy with the point, but I have a rather gloomy feeling for the rest of the season. There is a lot of deja vu about the team at the minute. Every game sees a struggle to score, every game sees the team collectively fall asleep and concede from out of the blue. The two goals were no different tonight. First one, a swift string of passes following the breakdown of an Alty move, the second a howler, plain and simple.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2015, 10:40:55 PM »

Every player put a shift in,. No matter how good or bad they were they gave 100%. Sinnott  and O'keefe were both more than adequate.
Team picked itself with who was available.

I thought we did 'boss' the 2nd half and but for an uncharacteristic Havern error and some poor finishing we would have won.

They were sh*t and will get relegated.

Full time and proud of it

Martin

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2015, 10:43:14 PM »

Picking Sinnott out as a poor performer is stupid. I personally thought he was one of the brighter points.

VofD

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2015, 10:44:42 PM »

Every player put a shift in,. No matter how good or bad they were they gave 100%. Sinnott  and O'keefe were both more than adequate.

I thought we did 'boss' the 2nd half and but for an uncharacteristic Havern error and some poor finishing we would have won.

along with us. >:(

Hamilton

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2015, 11:02:05 PM »

Again RR rated both Sinnott's and O'Keefe's performances. Our two failings were being unable to put the ball away and the odd stupid mistake at the back.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »

How can you say Lawrie was awfull , he ran his balls off , Sinnott jnr did OK considering he was out of position , Nicky to , we still miss so many chances , Lee had no choice in his selection tonight , never known a season of injuries like this .

taxi Phil

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2015, 11:05:24 PM »

along with us. >:(

We won't go down.....Kidderminster,  Halifax, Southport, and either Guiseley or Boreham Wood for me.  Torquay may survive but lose the AGM Cup Final. Incidentally I don't think you watched the same match as me. O'Keefe was one of our best players for 70 minutes until lack of match fitness took its toll.  Remember we were 7 short, and had a bench that had played just over an hour of National League football between the 5 of them ! Two makeshift full backs, Lawrie deeper than normal, Rankine not fully fit. We grafted for that point, despite whatever shortcomings there were. But we seriously need two or three in on loan pretty damn quick.

Bath Alty

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2015, 11:09:52 PM »

Missing tonight:

Coburn

Bath Alty

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2015, 11:16:29 PM »

Missing an entire defence tonight:

Coburn

Dens Parry Marshall Griffin

I doubt many squads in this league are big enough to carry a replacement for every position - having said that we are one or two short and for me the priority has to be to find some creativity or pace from somewhere - nice passing football is only pleasing on the eye and putting a smile on people's faces if it gets you somewhere near the opposition goal.

Watching some of the punt it up the field, head tennis rubbish from a few years ago was pretty dull and our evolution into a passing team has been good but Saturday (my only first hand game of the season) and the majority of radio robins games (I've heard them all) have been tedious pass it sideways and backwards without ever creating anything - our forwards are not good enough to win us games on one or two half chances per game and no forward who was would be playing at our level.  We simply have to make games more interesting to watch as well as give us a chance of actually winning one or two of them.

itbegan

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2015, 11:17:41 PM »

I thought the team were more positive tonight, mistakes were made, Clee and Leather for me were outstanding, Moult was solid, I quite enjoyed Reeves and Rankine together although at times they did get a bit close to each other and the play broke down. Clee and Bowerman linked up well quite well, Luca was unlucky but defensive errors always get punished.
I was gutted when they scored and even more so when they scored again, but in fairness to the lads they kept going forward and got a point.
Of late we have had plenty of possession, but failed to attack the goal, tonight we had more shots than I have seen a while, with luck we will continue to keep the ball, move forward and players confidence will grow and with it our goal and points tally.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2015, 11:22:21 PM »

Coburn

I doubt many squads in this league are big enough to carry a replacement for every position - having said that we are one or two short and for me the priority has to be to find some creativity or pace from somewhere - nice passing football is only pleasing on the eye and putting a smile on people's faces if it gets you somewhere near the opposition goal.

Watching some of the punt it up the field, head tennis rubbish from a few years ago was pretty dull and our evolution into a passing team has been good but Saturday (my only first hand game of the season) and the majority of radio robins games (I've heard them all) have been tedious pass it sideways and backwards without ever creating anything - our forwards are not good enough to win us games on one or two half chances per game and no forward who was would be playing at our level.  We simply have to make games more interesting to watch as well as give us a chance of actually winning one or two of them.

Not really sure of the validity of an opinion based entirely on listening to Radio Robins. 

Jimmy

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2015, 11:28:50 PM »

How can you say Lawrie was awfull , he ran his balls off , Sinnott jnr did OK considering he was out of position , Nicky to , we still miss so many chances , Lee had no choice in his selection tonight , never known a season of injuries like this .
without going I won't comment on game but could he not select heathcote he is a defender

Bath Alty

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2015, 11:33:11 PM »

Coburn

Not really sure of the validity of an opinion based entirely on listening to Radio Robins. 

Thanks, I'll just piss off then and leave the forum to those who are lucky enough to be able to attend more than one match this season and can happily talk to each other in the bar after the game anyway.  Bye

York Alty

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2015, 11:42:22 PM »

Coburn

Thanks, I'll just piss off then and leave the forum to those who are lucky enough to be able to attend more than one match this season and can happily talk to each other in the bar after the game anyway.  Bye

Don't do it Bath Alty.  Been tempted to leave the forum myself cos of the negative vibes and crud that goes on, but stick with it.  I hope they'll get bored soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster - MATCH THREAD