PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Barrow - MATCH THREAD  (Read 22818 times)

York Alty

Re: Barrow - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2015, 12:11:42 PM »

I cannot believe that anyone on this forum could seriously suggest that Lee Sinnott resigns - even if "he started it"

Nor me.  I've given up responding to the tint TINY handful of folk who come on here demanding his head. 

If you're reading this Lee, I'm behind you.  I can look back to your days at Farsley when my nephew was with you, I can look back to where we were when you joined Alty. I know that my nephew and now my club are far far better off because of you and your methods.

roytonmike

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2015, 12:22:30 PM »

I cannot believe that anyone on this forum could seriously suggest that Lee Sinnott resigns - even if "he started it"
As with all of us, and all managers at this level he has his faults.
However, he has been successful in his time at the club, has us playing good football, has knitted a close squad who work hard for each other and for him, and on balance has kept his promise to put a smile back on our faces.  Remember where we were when he joined us - relegated ignominiously from the Conference.
He deserves more support from us than he gets.  The way some of us treat him is scurrilous.
I am sorry - I know I am old fashioned in that I believe people should be treated with respect, particularly people who are responsible for something very important to me, namely Altrincham Football Club. This is not a desire on my part to give him, or anyone at the club carte blanche but simply a wish for someone who I suggest has added value to the club to get some respect.
100% correct. Under this manager the team has returned to that point in the football pecking order at which the club sustainably belongs; he and his assistant should be allowed the time, space and respect they are due and encouraged, not sniped at, in their efforts to ensure that the team remains competitive in this league, as should the board of directors be in theirs to ensure that the club remains financially stable.

markecky

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2015, 12:43:31 PM »

However, he has been successful in his time at the club, has us playing good football, has knitted a close squad who work hard for each other and for him, and on balance has kept his promise to put a smile back on our faces.  Remember where we were when he joined us - relegated ignominiously from the Conference.
He deserves more support from us than he gets.  The way some of us treat him is scurrilous.
I am sorry - I know I am old fashioned in that I believe people should be treated with respect, particularly people who are responsible for something very important to me, namely Altrincham Football Club. This is not a desire on my part to give him, or anyone at the club carte blanche but simply a wish for someone who I suggest has added value to the club to get some respect.
100% correct. Under this manager the team has returned to that point in the football pecking order at which the club sustainably belongs; he and his assistant should be allowed the time, space and respect they are due and encouraged, not sniped at, in their efforts to ensure that the team remains competitive in this league, as should the board of directors be in theirs to ensure that the club remains financially stable.

Spot on Mike.  The thing is though that in the main they are and that what makes it so depressing when we have situations like this.

Show me a club where the every decision the manager makes turns out to be correct.  Ashley Young at left back against Arsenal was a top move yesterday Mr Van Gaal for example, I bet they worked on it all week in training though and it seemed OK.

When things are bad then it's only natural that this place will not be nice.  Blyth for example, the team and all involved got what they deserved on here and they held their hands up.

However if this kind of stuff starts when we are doing OK (and it is only OK, I believe on Saturday we looked like we had a bench again and we can play better than we have) then it is very worrying indeed.

I was in earshot of 60 people on Saturday, there was no dissent I heard.  The team were warmly applauded off for their battle and three more points on the board.

Jimmy

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 12:58:25 PM »

The abuse must go on in the stand because I don't hear it however I'm sure it happend I'm not going to lie Sinnott jnr is not good enough but the abuse is to much

Chalkyj

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2015, 01:03:40 PM »

Lee Sinnott has done a brilliant job a Altrincham, a small budget, a part time side, a small squad, and we are still up there competing with the best in this league.
Of course he does not always get it right but who does, we have a team which gives 110%, we play an attractive style of football, we have players who in my view seem to want to play for the club and certainly are loyal to the manager and play for him.
Just to name three players Simon Richman, Adam Griffin and Tom Marshall, after their first seasons with us I personally didn’t think they were good enough – how wrong I was, and how glad I am that I was, Lee Sinnott was loyal to them and could see in them something I could not. That is why he is the manager and all credit to him for that.
To say it winds me up to read some of the comments made on here is an understatement. These people need to get real, take a step back and consider the consequences of the way they go about things.
In my opinion Lee Sinnott comes across with a huge amount of credit in the way he conducts himself. To suggest that he is playing people for reasons other than footballing reasons are in my view way off the mark.
It is incredibly easy to throw abuse and be controversial, without knowing or experiencing how difficult it can be to manage any organisation, in any walk of life, but it always seems that those people throwing the abuse, are the loudest, the ones who seem to get heard, and are in fact in most cases generally the ones without any real answers, otherwise they would be more constructive in their criticism.
I have supported Alty for over 40 years, through the glory years and to the present – I have massive respect for our board, the manager and all those who help run the club and the way they go about it I for one will be gutted if Lee Sinnott was not our manager for the foreseeable future and urge all the silent majority out there (and I am one of those) to demonstrate their support at their next opportunity, to show that those who shout loudest are not necessarily representing  the views of us all.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2015, 01:10:51 PM »

Lee Sinnott has done a brilliant job a Altrincham, a small budget, a part time side, a small squad, and we are still up there competing with the best in this league.
Of course he does not always get it right but who does, we have a team which gives 110%, we play an attractive style of football, we have players who in my view seem to want to play for the club and certainly are loyal to the manager and play for him.
Just to name three players Simon Richman, Adam Griffin and Tom Marshall, after their first seasons with us I personally didn’t think they were good enough – how wrong I was, and how glad I am that I was, Lee Sinnott was loyal to them and could see in them something I could not. That is why he is the manager and all credit to him for that.
To say it winds me up to read some of the comments made on here is an understatement. These people need to get real, take a step back and consider the consequences of the way they go about things.
In my opinion Lee Sinnott comes across with a huge amount of credit in the way he conducts himself. To suggest that he is playing people for reasons other than footballing reasons are in my view way off the mark.
It is incredibly easy to throw abuse and be controversial, without knowing or experiencing how difficult it can be to manage any organisation, in any walk of life, but it always seems that those people throwing the abuse, are the loudest, the ones who seem to get heard, and are in fact in most cases generally the ones without any real answers, otherwise they would be more constructive in their criticism.
I have supported Alty for over 40 years, through the glory years and to the present – I have massive respect for our board, the manager and all those who help run the club and the way they go about it I for one will be gutted if Lee Sinnott was not our manager for the foreseeable future and urge all the silent majority out there (and I am one of those) to demonstrate their support at their next opportunity, to show that those who shout loudest are not necessarily representing  the views of us all.

Top, top post - Lee has brought us stability and improvement year-on-year (and I believe we'll do it again this year - a cup run would be good too)

I do think his son is clouding his judgement a little bit, I really do, but it hasn't really done us much harm - and he has been playing as a (presumably) cheap option in our most traditional problem position.

The abuse is absolutely unacceptable - unfortunately there are a few feral individuals in that stand - but it applies across most clubs unfortunately.

Lee, ignore it mate - you're doing fine - but we'll always try to (constructively) criticise you wherever we can! Let's not let the minority win, and get behing the boys.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2015, 03:04:44 PM »

I do think his son is clouding his judgement a little bit, I really do, but it hasn't really done us much harm - and he has been playing as a (presumably) cheap option in our most traditional problem position.

The abuse is absolutely unacceptable - unfortunately there are a few feral individuals in that stand - but it applies across most clubs unfortunately.

Chalkyj that is a fair point but there have been a number not up to scratch too. That's natural but I only mention it for the sake of balance.

Marple Alty is probably right here. There is a degree of (probably unwitting) nepotism involved here no matter what we say but it works both ways.

Sinnott Jnr needs to, I was going to say man up but that's unfair as he hasn't whinged and has fronted up as best he can, perhaps realise is a better word that in all honesty he probably wouldn't get a gig at most clubs at this level that his dad doesn't manage at and so if he's plays regularly he'll naturally have to prove himself a little more than others.

Sinnott Sr needs to realise that too but I'm sure he isn't stood there thinking that's my boy out there that is. He probably thinks he can do a bit of a job, will put the effort in and isn't going to pull a sh*t house trick life Griffith did. He's probably relatively cheap too. And on the list of midfielders who played in league one last season that were prepared to sign for us he's was probably no 1 on a 1 man list.

There isn't any way he's not showing a degree of nepotism though and maybe needs to understand that.

Although he's not great we have had a few injuries. If we have Densmore, Richman, Moult, O'Keefe Lawrie, Rankine, Reeves and a fit motivated Crowther and Clee but JS is still starting I might raise an eyebrow and a question or two.

Until then, everybody probably needs to calm the f**k down a little bit and make sure that opinions voiced aren't counter productive, there's ways and means off doing it, cheering him being subbed isn't a good one - that's not to say I haven't turned round to Hughesy or Ecky etc and said thank Christ he's been taken off on occasions.

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2015, 07:21:38 PM »

Spot on Mike.  The thing is though that in the main they are and that what makes it so depressing when we have situations like this.

Show me a club where the every decision the manager makes turns out to be correct.  Ashley Young at left back against Arsenal was a top move yesterday Mr Van Gaal for example, I bet they worked on it all week in training though and it seemed OK.

When things are bad then it's only natural that this place will not be nice.  Blyth for example, the team and all involved got what they deserved on here and they held their hands up.

However if this kind of stuff starts when we are doing OK (and it is only OK, I believe on Saturday we looked like we had a bench again and we can play better than we have) then it is very worrying indeed.

I was in earshot of 60 people on Saturday, there was no dissent I heard.  The team were warmly applauded off for their battle and three more points on the board.

I think it's worth remembering Ecky that were only having this conversation because HE threatened to resign because HIS son got a heckling

Not the kind of manager I want, but each to their own, what next will he be threatening to resign over?

Is he bigger than the club? He's treating it like he is

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2015, 07:29:13 PM »

There is a way to show Lee we are behind him , chant his name on Tues , I am a critic of his son , but I never shout abuse at him , I really hope he can improve , the problem is he hasn't the ability to tackle .

markecky

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2015, 08:51:54 PM »

I think it's worth remembering Ecky that were only having this conversation because HE threatened to resign because HIS son got a heckling

Not the kind of manager I want, but each to their own, what next will he be threatening to resign over?

Is he bigger than the club? He's treating it like he is

Believe me, I wish he hadn't said it just as it gives fuel to the fire when we lose a few.  I'm also disappointed that he has allowed the dissent of a few to override the fact that most people went home happy on Saturday.  However he is human and as has been said by others, he is a pretty level headed guy, something has pushed him a bit far and he has reacted when a mic was put in front of him straight after the game.

Still doesn't change the fact that it's very poor form to be cheering the substitution of a player when we are winning.  That's just my opinion.

However I have read enough from the people left on the forum to know what the majority think and restore my faith a little.  No idea who Chalkyj is but his post puts my thoughts better than I did myself.

I'm proud of my football club and how it is progressing on and off the field.  If the manager had gone further and resigned then (or still does) then I have no idea where that would leave us.  No one is irreplaceable but I cannot understand your flippancy (and smiley faces from V of D?  just wow...) in the manager leaving, regardless of if you hate his guts or not.

GB Alty

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2015, 09:07:47 PM »

I just hate Nepotism mate

Sinnott had made a rod for his own back, we all said that in the summer. Now it's coming home to roost.

We can't keep on carrying a player like Jordan, it's hard enough.

I don't boo myself, but for those with less patience than myself I can see why they might do.

It's just rotten

taxi Phil

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2015, 10:48:04 PM »

I just hate Nepotism mate

Sinnott had made a rod for his own back, we all said that in the summer. Now it's coming home to roost.

We can't keep on carrying a player like Jordan, it's hard enough.

I don't boo myself, but for those with less patience than myself I can see why they might do.

It's just rotten

Because of the Griffith fiasco, we have no option but to let Sinnott Jr. carry on. I'm far from being his biggest fan, but we've had considerably worse players here. And I still believe Lee is the best man for the job. Get behind them from the off tomorrow night, and let's have three more morale boosting points on the board.

GB Alty

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2015, 11:01:39 PM »

Jordan was signed as a first team starter all along and well before it became evident that Griffith was a croc. So thats no excuse

Poor summer for Lee. Total fiasco, agreed

taxi Phil

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2015, 11:07:43 PM »

Jordan was signed as a first team starter all along and well before it became evident that Griffith was a croc. So thats no excuse

So you don't rate Rankine or Deasy ?

GB Alty

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2015, 11:21:47 PM »

So you don't rate Rankine or Deasy ?
Were a poorer team than last year

20/20 anyone?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow - MATCH THREAD