PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Unlucky Braintree
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unlucky Braintree  (Read 11935 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Unlucky Braintree
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:04:18 PM »

You should have won 0-6, 0-7.

Absolute shambles from start to finish,

A) get some pace in on loan, we look like we are playing in slow motion, should have happened when clee got injured

B) yet again despite not losing at home since the opening day we change the formation against what we deem "lesser" opposition

C)  don't change the formation 4 times in the game

D) shoot towards the home end second half

E) get your son off every set piece, this is Altrincham FC not f**king Roy of the rovers

Shambles, let's hope that was this years "welling" and we show something at Lincoln on Tuesday

brian1925

Re: Unlucky Braintree
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 05:14:19 PM »

I think Lee is just treating the club with contempt now. I'm pretty sure he's selecting his son time after time and allowing him to take all the set pieces, just so that he will get noticed by a scout from a bigger club. It's not going to work Lee - he's not good enough mate and you'll just have to explain that to your wife.
Also, if anyone gets a chance this evening, can you stick a poster up at the main entrance saying, 2 up front with a sh*t midfield is not going to work in this league.

Chris Fisher

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »

How can the formation change so drastically from Tuesday to Saturday following one training session?
No one seemed to know were they were playing, Rankine wide on the right is totally negating his strengths, surely there must be a way for him and reeves to play together or why did we sign that style of player? This side is not so different from the last season but they play as if they have never met.
Come back soon Nicky Clee.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 05:55:52 PM »

Cavs the massive miss, no one wants the ball, hence we are just banging it looking for rankine, even when he's not on the pitch. We don't play football any more

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 05:57:43 PM »

And this is the tragedy with Griffith. He WAS the new Cav

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 06:10:00 PM »

Couldn't make it today but it sounds like we are in desperate need of a midfielder with a similar mindset to the bloke who kindly appeared last night in the CSH to do a Q & A session

eightiesrobin

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 06:18:43 PM »

To be fair, the game was effectively up once they scored their first.  That is now Alty's 15th consecutive defeat in games where we go 1-0 down. Our record since returning to non-league's Premier division after conceding first is now P36, W2 D5 L 29.

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »

An absolutely diabolical performance.  Dire. Crap. Appalling. and Yes unlucky Braintree should have had 6, 7  or 8.

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 06:39:09 PM »

Outfought,  outthought,  outplayed. And running out of excuses.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 06:58:59 PM »

What a utter shambles, no heart, no spirit, quite a few out there today were not worthy of
 Wearing the shirt, come on boys buck your ideas up, more performances like that and it will
 Not just the attendances that will drop.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 07:15:30 PM »

Agreed no passion , not just from the players but from manager , he sat on bench never giving any encouragement  ,no sign of any emotion at all , and his son took after him on the pitch to , i have not had ago at Lee for a while , but today was a shambles , cant keep blaming injuries ect , not sure he can take us any further at this level ,as for his 20/20 vision no chance of scoring 20 more and conceding 20 less , more chance of conceding 20 more and scoring 20 less.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 08:11:43 PM »

Yes Asmo, as you say how much further can Lee take us, I ofton wonder what the 5 year plan is for
 The club, is it to reate a team stronger enough to challenge for the title, or is it a csse of just trying
 To survive in footballs top non league flight, but thats for another thread.

York Alty

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 08:20:39 PM »

Why was Rankine taken off - didn't seem injured to me.  He was the only player who offered something different for  Braintree to deal with. I thought he got dragged far too wide second half to try and get some possession, but I didn't see the value in subbing him.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »

Why was Rankine taken off - didn't seem injured to me.  He was the only player who offered something different for  Braintree to deal with. I thought he got dragged far too wide second half to try and get some possession, but I didn't see the value in subbing him.

He looked sluggish today IMO. He can't do it all on his own, and TBH Reeves was not much help.

York Alty

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 08:26:57 PM »

He looked sluggish today IMO. He can't do it all on his own, and TBH Reeves was not much help.

Cheers - first time I've seen him play for us so nothing to compare him with performance wise.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Unlucky Braintree