PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buying the stream for todays game
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Buying the stream for todays game  (Read 5856 times)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Buying the stream for todays game
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2022, 10:45:47 PM »

I registered. It never asked me to set up a password, but now it wants one. I've sent a 'forgot password' message, but half an hour later there's no response. I'll just follow the game using Twitter and FlasScores.

It seems you have to set your password from the e-mail link they don'tell you they're sending you. If you try and reset your password before clicking on this, you're stuck - unless you have another e-mail address.

That’s not true. I didn’t click the email before pressing the reset button and it came through pretty quickly. Still a stupid set up process though.

Maidstone radio commentators were ok and thought 3-2 flattered Maidstone- as did i

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2022, 08:01:16 PM »

I thought it was a good and stable stream, replays would have been good or a half time summary , however, good quality picture
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2022, 08:20:55 PM »

I thought it was a good and stable stream, replays would have been good or a half time summary , however, good quality picture

Alledgedly replays and summary not allowed as you dont have them at the game.

Stable decent stream, fair commentary.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 08:25:57 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 10:50:15 AM »

I wonder how many people streamed the game at Chesterfield who would have probably gone had it not been streamed.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 04:11:48 PM by Timperley The Best »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 10:57:56 AM »

I wonder how many people streamed the game at Chesterfield who would have probaly gone had it not been streamed.
Maybe the club will ley us know some figures once they get them. I streamed the game, was never going to the game with work commitments. If not streamed would have been listening on RA.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2023, 11:25:51 AM »

I streamed the game. It was decent once I managed to get in. They had replays last night contrary to what was said earlier. The stream was about twenty seconds behind Radio Robins.

Spirites commentator did his best to be neutral. Apparently Dinanga scored one goal in twelve appearances for them.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 11:42:34 AM »

Really shouldn't be a better experience with replays at a game. Pointless getting in at gone midnight and soending £60 to have a better experience at home

It should be a one camera, no commentary and a simple stream.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 11:53:52 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 12:02:52 PM »

Really shouldn't be a better experience with replays at a game. Pointless getting in at gone midnight and soending £60 to have a better experience at home

Plus by attending in person you solely contributed to the funds of Chesterfield FC, whilst those of us who streamed the game as nominated Altrincham FC supporters did at least raise some revenue for our own club.

That's not really a situation which will encourage people to travel to away fixtures. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2023, 12:09:09 PM »

Plus by attending in person you solely contributed to the funds of Chesterfield FC, whilst those of us who streamed the game as nominated Altrincham FC supporters did at least raise some revenue for our own club.

That's not really a situation which will encourage people to travel to away fixtures.
Cult, I agree with your comments. That said if I could have got to the game I would have, the matchday experience is so much better. My wife whom attends some home games, said the stream was benign and not very enjoyable. I would agree. but in this instance pleased I could watch the match. Still better to be there though. Especially if the result had been better.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2023, 01:49:02 PM »

The Alty faithful could be heard loud and clear on the stream, over and above any noise from Spirites.

I thought about going but didn't think it was worth it for what I expected to be a heavy defeat.

To be somewhat controversial I think the stream was better than attending from the point of view that you could see what was happening on the ball no matter where the ball was on the pitch.

I wouldn't stream home games but certainly think it's a decent alternative to a long treck to the likes of Yeovil or Maidstone.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2023, 02:21:45 PM »

We better hope the likes of Chesterfield, Notts & Wrexham fans don’t adopt this view too as it would clobber our revenue….

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2023, 02:51:55 PM »

Will be interesting to see what the streaming  figures  are like and if it carries on next season probably without the likes of Wrexham and  at long last the likes of Rochdale .Stockport are pulling massive crowds 8k plus despite streaming in the efl
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 03:10:23 PM by Timperley The Best »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2023, 03:08:03 PM »

Yes. It would be long delayed karma if Dale come down.
I don't know why though, I've got a bit of a soft spot for them.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2023, 03:36:49 PM »

Down in Deepest Devon(Stoke Canon,up the Exe Valley) i paid the £9.50 for the streaming,but also had Radio Robins on
Harold

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2023, 06:17:56 PM »

The financial set up of the streaming is poor, but can the club not monetise the stream themselves? There are 15 minutes in the middle that could be used to promote sponsors for a fee, highlight club initiatives etc.? Do a 10 minute pregame roundup of the lineups on the gantry then turn the camera towards the pitch for kickoff? That could be sponsored, have ads in the middle and start at 14:45 on Saturdays. One of the media team as host, guest injured player, guest from opposition maybe. It could even be streamed on YouTube at the same time to promote the stream to floating football fans looking for a watch along.

It could be recorded an hour before the game and streamed later as well.

Probably a rule in the streaming agreement that you can't do all that though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buying the stream for todays game