PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Which players would you release?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Which players would you release?  (Read 7224 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Which players would you release?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 09:17:42 AM »

In all fairness he has recently just had 2 injections in his groin. Being asked to play when not fit shows his good attitude to the cause.

Yes I understand that, but I was referring to when he first joined the club. :) He was just as unfit then but in time we came to sing his praises. I was comparing that to the current state of Twiss and how we need to give him time to show what he actually can do.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 11:11:28 AM »

Joseph must be released with immediate effect or left to rot on the bench, he is not fit to clean the changing rooms let alone pull on the Alty shirt. Why on earth did he replace Welch yesterday? An astounding substitution. Welch looked as perplexed as everybody else. Then within 10 mins we're 1 down (Joseph at fault) and the penalty came from the Alty left as well, Brown blowing out of his backside could not get back and Joesph invited their winger to pull the ball back for the shot that lead to the pen!

Marc joseph is a bigger bandit than Robin Hood!

markecky

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 11:26:29 AM »

I never criticise players personally but if I was Marc Joseph at the New Recruits night, I'd have paid £15 and sat at the back.

The man looks totally lost and is getting worse by the game.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »

I never criticise players personally but if I was Marc Joseph at the New Recruits night, I'd have paid £15 and sat at the back.

if hes on contract? he wont be going anywhere?

boltonrobin

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »

If we don't turn things round soon, we may find it difficult to hold onto players of Densmore, Smith, Clee & Williams even if they are on contact? :-\

joe

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 05:57:41 PM »

The worrying thing is,he looked poor in pre season yet we still signed him!

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 08:19:21 PM »

Just remind me again - how much of the pre-season did you see ? I thought he looked pretty competent, and was in favour of signing him. Unfortunately, pre-season and the cut-and-thrust of BSP are two different worlds.

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 08:21:51 PM »

Just remind me again - how much of the pre-season did you see ? I thought he looked pretty competent, and was in favour of signing him. Unfortunately, pre-season and the cut-and-thrust of BSP are two different worlds.

Sorry Phil but he was not good in pre season.

markecky

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 08:24:25 PM »

My thoughts on him in pre season were that he was a threat from corners and had a good hard low shot on him.

I guess I should have watched him defend a bit more instead of chatting!

altyshop

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 11:06:50 PM »

players who i think should be released:
Joseph-Not been good enough from day 1
Welch-Overwieght still and not the answer
Crowell-Been terrible this season,and dont forget he only played a handful of games last season so didnt really prove himself over a long period of time.One of the biggest dissapointments this season for me,was delighted when i seen he had signed but considering the midfielders who have left from last season i would have rather have them in the squad
Twiss-Overweight,doesnt seem interested-but finacially can we afford to pay him-i think not.
Holsgrove-Headless chicken,great pace but no end product,not bsp qaulity.
Also would like to see more of Mcready,if GH is signing Hewson then he must think Mcready is not ready yet,so why not loan him out,keep his match fitness up and get his wages paid by some other club

John W

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »

Given a run of games, both Welch and Twiss will do a job.  Welch is getting a run,Twiss isn't, so don't see how he can be expected to attain the required level of fitness. I thought that Crowell was dreadful yesterday.  Can't believe that we thought he might be the saviour.

markecky

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 11:10:07 PM »

I don't think its fair to judge Crowell or Twiss fully yet.

Twiss gets more heckling each week and he didnt even get on the pitch on Saturday.

John W

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 11:16:18 PM »

Come back Peter Band, all is forgiven :-)

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 11:23:37 PM »

I don't think its fair to judge Crowell or Twiss fully yet.

Twiss gets more heckling each week and he didnt even get on the pitch on Saturday.

I agree with you as regards Crowell, but I find it hard not to be critical of an experienced pro like Twiss who seems to have let himself go. The words "last decent payday" come to mind. I really hope he gets out there and proves me (and many others) wrong, but his performances for Stalybridge last back end apparently wouldn't give one confidence.

Jacko

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 11:27:57 PM »

This is ridiculous, part time players that can compete in this league don't just grow on trees, u have to go though 3 bad ones to find one good one, eg it took us long enough to get players of senior and youngys quality, but its back to square one I'm afraid and its not pretty :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Which players would you release?