PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Burnley predictions
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Burnley predictions  (Read 7046 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Burnley predictions
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:11:46 AM »

Altrincham 1 (A trialist) Burnley 5 att 907 (642)  A robins side made up of new signings and trialists showed some moments of quality but tired towards the end, burnley go infront after ten minutes,and double thier lead on the half hour,A trialist puts the robins back in the game on 55 minutes and despite creating some decent chances in a ten minutes spell  just after the hour,tiredness starts to show and they show their class with 3 goals in the last 18 mins a decent run out against a full strength burnley

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Burnley predictions
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »

If, as reported Burnely are planning to send a decent side then I will just be using Sat to put faces to names and saying Hi to folks I havent seen for a few weeks.. 

It is the first time that the manager will be able to see how his new side is blending together and I am sure he will be tweaking throughout the game

Having said all that, I am looking fwd to the start of the friendly campaign...

markecky

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »

Altrincham 0 Burnley 5 (890 with 503 away)

New look Altrincham side taken apart by a crisp passing Burnley side that look like what they are..a championship side  ;)

Questions asked after the game if Sinnott is the right man after he took the young Ghanian off ( who was lightning quick but had no ball control).  He was well liked as he had a chantable name.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 12:22:45 PM by markecky »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 12:11:05 PM »

Whats the betting that come five oclock sat night there will be posts on here bemoaning the team and posts such as "Were not going to do out this season" etc

Cue David Birch.    ;)

daisy

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »

I think Alty will win 4-1!  ::)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »

If, as reported Burnely are planning to send a decent side then I will just be using Sat to put faces to names and saying Hi to folks I havent seen for a few weeks.. 

It is the first time that the manager will be able to see how his new side is blending together and I am sure he will be tweaking throughout the game

Shouldn't the manager be concentrating on what is going on on the pitch rather than using his mobile phone to 'tweak' people during the match.  :D  :D

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing a supaslim Michael Twiss opening his legs and showing us his class ?  :o  :o

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 04:53:30 PM »

Shouldn't the manager be concentrating on what is going on on the pitch rather than using his mobile phone to 'tweak' people during the match.  :D  :D

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing a supaslim Michael Twiss opening his legs and showing us his class:o  :o

please, this is a family friendly forum! I hope that his class is all he'll be showing us!  :D
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »

The taking of crystal meth is unlikely to help his thought processes
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 10:57:17 PM »

i want to see how Alty get and keep the ball.  I'd love Alty to some some passing, awareness and movement.  I want to see a commander in defence and some pace on the flanks / up front.

not bothered about the score but an Alty goal or two would be good for confidence.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 11:04:09 PM »

i want to see how Alty get and keep the ball.  I'd love Alty to some some passing, awareness and movement.  I want to see a commander in defence and some pace on the flanks / up front.

not bothered about the score but an Alty goal or two would be good for confidence.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down fella.....

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 11:37:55 PM »

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down fella.....

I assume you don't mean those speedy wing boys..

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »

The actual result of this game matter not one jot - it's all about the performance. We're opening our account with half a new team against a team FIVE divisions higher than us. We can't realistically EXPECT a result, but we can set out to prove that we've got guts, commitment, and ability. It's the start of a pretty steep learning curve.

York Alty

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 07:26:44 PM »

Burnley 6 Altrincham 1, 18.01.1982 - is that the last time we played them?

grim night that was...

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »

grim night that was...
I've sent Cult my memories of that one. I came back from East Lancashire VERY chastened :(

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 11:31:23 PM »

grim night that was...
I've sent Cult my memories of that one. I came back from East Lancashire VERY chastened :(

Lucky not to be chased (or worse still caught)...there were some nasty lifeforms after non-local blood as a 6-1 hammering was not enough to lift the gloom in their smog plated home. Funny how I, and probably many others went into that game with real hope as they were languishing in the bottom end of the table at the time (if I remember correctly). Talk about shell-shocked.....they went on quite a run after that I seem to recall.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Burnley predictions