Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Looks like it still hurts at 8:09am the next day..

Author Topic: Looks like it still hurts at 8:09am the next day..  (Read 2343 times)

markecky

« on: March 07, 2012, 08:13:40 AM »

From their forum..

"THe lads did us proud tonight. We lost to a keeper error and an offside goal. Even with 10 I'm disappointed we lost to them, they're a poor side. Enjoyed the chanting from the deluded posh boys. They think they're still a big club. Bless. Have you seen their ground? It must rank as the leagues no 1 sh*t hole"

Oh dear, bit of pent up anger there.  Could that be from the bobble hatted one near us maybe?

Our ground may need a bit of work but I'm not sure its the worst in the league  ;)

It may have been a keeper error but the finish was rather tidy...

ArmchairAlty

Re: Looks like it still hurts at 8:09am the next day..
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:33:40 AM »

"they're a poor side"  ;D

Bore off croc gob!!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:35:52 AM »

f**k them, the defeat has been taken in terribly bad taste.We took the 5-1 on the chin, they should do the same.105 away fans to a game 15 minutes down the road says it all.The worst professional side in the country is not a tag I'd want us labelled with, Peter Sutcliffe and has dad weren't so brave when we took the ground over at bower fold were they? Just another hobby club messing up the natural order of football.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:37:56 AM »

Posh boys lol stalybridge isn't exactly a sh*thole

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »

Be fair.....they obviously don't travel further than alty or hyde so haven't been to guisely or harrogate.... ;D ;D ;D

we were well beaten in the 5-1 by a side who took their chances.

last night we ground out a 2-1 hard fought win.

they should really take the lemon out of their mouths and then life wont taste quite so bitter.

I've often said stalybridge is one of the best grounds at this level despite the hill....then again i wouldn't swap our ground for their history...

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 11:04:38 AM »

This is brilliant.

Owing to the fact we are unlikely to play macc (and even more unlikely to play tinpot Victoria) in the league anytime soon, I think stalybridge could be our best chance of a good local rivalry at least until footballing order has been restored and we are back in the conference.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »

f**k them, the defeat has been taken in terribly bad taste.We took the 5-1 on the chin, they should do the same.105 away fans to a game 15 minutes down the road says it all.The worst professional side in the country is not a tag I'd want us labelled with, Peter Sutcliffe and has dad weren't so brave when we took the ground over at bower fold were they? Just another hobby club messing up the natural order of football.

This.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 12:17:17 PM »

This is brilliant.

Owing to the fact we are unlikely to play macc (and even more unlikely to play tinpot Victoria) in the league anytime soon, I think stalybridge could be our best chance of a good local rivalry at least until footballing order has been restored and we are back in the conference.

We're far more likely to play Vics again soon than Macc, they're not coming down unfortunatley.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:22:11 PM »

On a general note, 13 quid admission is an absolute scandal, no other word for it, an absolute scandal.
Alty, or at least their supporters are certainly living in the past, yes once the biggest and best non-league club in the country, but now..........a very ordinary side playing in a crumbling, ramshackle dump of a ground and fleecing spectators with 13 quid admission and 2.50 for a pie won't change any of that, it'll just drive more and more of them into their armchairs.

Altrinchams lowest league gate 649, stalybridges average league gate 642.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team