PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One less relagation place
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: One less relagation place  (Read 9724 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: One less relagation place
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 12:40:29 PM »

why am i absolutely gutted about this, is proved me right and that i'm far more intelligent than our salt mining foes but i'm still gutted, losing vics would be a major blow for us, one less local rival at our level. and freaking droylsden! i hate vics but i detest droylsden. vics i am sad about their demise, droylsden i would be just plain happy about!

Jenga

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 12:50:52 PM »

Have to say if the rumours are true I would be gutted.

Not because I love Northwich, but because I love the Derby games and lets face it rivalry is all what football is about. The ups and downs of match and banter are great.

I hope Northwich come out of this but finish 20th in the league. Another 4 easy points next season would be great.

teasybeaver

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 12:51:27 PM »

I really hate myself for saying this but the more i think about it the more i feel that something needs to be done to stop them dropping out, the real real vics fans must be absolutely fuming right now!

This really is a massive loss for alty if it goes ahead as rumoured. think about the money alone from the bumper boxing day crowd and we're already missing out.

What we need is one of the little vics scrotes to come on here and annoy us just to shake the sympathy out of me!

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 12:57:38 PM »

What we need is one of the little vics scrotes to come on here and annoy us just to shake the sympathy out of me!

Yeah we need an inbred to come on and annoys us, that will get the juices flowing again in to that green and white pot.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »

Pull yourselves together you lot.
There's a banner in the Golf Road which says "Hating Macc since 1903"
I've had similar feelings about Northwich since the 60's and "Felix Reilly's Northwich Victorious"
There's a few Vics fans who are reasonable, but the vast majority hate us with a passion (hence the large gate on Boxing Day when they all really thought they were going to do us over and they could gloat).
I wouldn't like them to go bust because that's terrible for any fan - even one from there - but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
Besides starting again could be the best thing that could happen to them in the long run. Look at Telford.
Knowing their luck, they'll most likely come through it all ok and as soon as they're feeling more secure will get back to trying to take the rise out of us again.
So, to sum up it's good luck Vics in your quest to survive and comiserations to the 'real' fans (but not the sh*t-stirring ones), but really I'm much more concerned with the lads getting some more points on the board so we can be in this league next year.

Come on Alty
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 02:17:20 PM »

Problem Vics fans had was they knew not to trust MC but he was the only person who would step in. Without him stepping in they would not have a club now so this has at least given them a little grace and allowed them to move to the VS.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 02:19:55 PM »

Another reinforcement of the need for a strong and independent Supporters Trust I think

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 02:38:02 PM »

Problem Vics fans had was they knew not to trust MC but he was the only person who would step in. Without him stepping in they would not have a club now so this has at least given them a little grace and allowed them to move to the VS.

You're right Gary.  The problems at Northwich go back way before Mike Connett even arrived - look at the whole charade with the ground move.  Whatever the rivalry with Witton I cannot see the logic of building a brand new ground next to an existing, relatively modern ground.  Why on earth they couldn't buy into Wincham Park and spend less money on refurbishing that, rather than build an expensive new stadium from scratch?

I doubt FCUM would move to Northwich, more likely they'll do something with Gigg Lane given Bury's current situation.

I'd also say that Northwich's plight has a financial bearing  (several thousand pounds I guess) on our club so it's right we keep a close eye on what happens there.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »

I'd also say that Northwich's plight has a financial bearing  (several thousand pounds I guess) on our club

Do you mean the cost of losing the derby match with them?
Or do they owe us money?  ???
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 02:47:43 PM »

the derby, we got an extra 1300 fans in the ground for the derby thats 10000 if they were all standing, taking into account concessions and kids thats alot of money infact its more than the proffit the club made last year! huge ammounts in real terms

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »

I'd also say that Northwich's plight has a financial bearing  (several thousand pounds I guess) on our club

Do you mean the cost of losing the derby match with them?
Or do they owe us money?  ???

The derby games, increased gate receipts and reduced travelling costs.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: One less relegation place
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 04:01:10 PM »

I see.
So you don't think Droylsden will bring 1300 to ML next season then!?  ::)

fgrfan

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 04:22:09 PM »

unfortuneately this happens as we are all aware a lot in the conference. just goes to prove the fa can keep piling millions in to the premier league but they don't care about the non league situation where clubs are scrapping for their lives

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 04:32:06 PM »

unfortuneately this happens as we are all aware a lot in the conference. just goes to prove the fa can keep piling millions in to the premier league but they don't care about the non league situation where clubs are scrapping for their lives

To be honest, its just as much about spending too much as it is not earning enough.  Northwich, in my opinion,  mismanaged their ground move plans - which ultimately caused a lot of their current problems.  We got into terrible financial trouble because we spent hundreds of thousands of pounds we never had.  The fact we are now paying our way and making a profit shows it can be done properly. 

The issue is living within your means and keeping to a budget, not just increasing your funds.  If every Conference club was given a cheque for £250,000 the general problems would be exactly the same if you ask me.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 05:26:17 PM »

If every Conference club was given a cheque for £250,000 the general problems would be exactly the same if you ask me.

Yes but at least Myself and Mrs Saughall would be able to sit in the new seats on the middle of the Popular side, see the game more clearly by means of our new corner sited floodlights, be able to use decent toilets in the Golf Road corner, and have easy access to some chips from the new catering facility!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One less relagation place